• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon TCG III

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
  • Since a while ago I've been getting interested in the card game, not the cards themselves but the concept of the game and the fact that TCG2 wasn't even translated to english, I think it is time to make a game everyone can play and keep it updated with all recent cards. Here's the story and some ideas:

Game Maker: Either Sphere 1.1 or Game Maker 6.1
    Game Type: RPG, Strategy
    Story: You are a kid in the real world (by that I mean our world) and you live in some city, that city has a major ammount of people who like pokemon but what they like the most is TCG, so you get your own deck and start going through specific buildings where you can meet other people and play, you will also meet people in the streets who might wanna "battle" and you might also find pokehaters through the journey. Basically it is a pokemon game in a non-pokemon world. Your objective is to collect all cards, create the best deck and win the league, etc..
    Graphics: I will make the graphics, the screen size for the game will either be 240x160 or 320x240, the graphics will be similar to Pokemon RSE or FRLG but adapted for TCG and more "our world" looking. Custom charsets will also me made.
    The Cards:
    The cards will be replics of the originals but resized to fit the games resolution and to save space. The information on every card will be saved into variables for each card.
    Some samples:
    I've been recoloring some old TCG graphics for the insides and adapting them to be more RSE/FRLG looking, here's a sample of what can be done so far with what I recolored:
    map.png

And here's an estimated size for the cards:
    cardsample.png

Comments are welcome :)

Adam_148

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Ooh this looks good when are you going to post more screenshots? and anyway what will the overworld characters look like or will you be using Avatars overworlds?

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • they will look like advance ones but I'll make my own for this game in advance style, I'll bring more screens as soon as I recolor more stuff :)

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • lol, I was about to give up on this since no one seemed interested. As it's weekend I'll try to show more maps, etc. I'll start the coding next weekend hopefully :)

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Sounds interesting... the plot isn't very detailed, but it doesn't really bother me that much. The tcg game for Gameboy color was totally pwning and I have always wondered why the second one wasn't translated to English and why Nintendo didn't make another tcg game for the gba.

Keep it up, I really hope you'll finish this project _^^

exteradude

lol, I was about to give up on this since no one seemed interested. As it's weekend I'll try to show more maps, etc. I'll start the coding next weekend hopefully :)

Well, I'm very interested!

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2006
    Don't take the lack of replies as no one being interested, because I for one would love another Pokemon TCG game.

Although I have to wonder... What cards will you be limiting yourself too?

I mean I would imagine you have to limit yourself somewhere because scripting/eventing each individual card could be a pain in an *** :=|

Also you have this listed as Pokemon TCG III, Was there ever a Pokemon TCG II?

I own the first one for the Gameboy Pocket and that game brings back good memories ;=]

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • ye there was a TCG II that was never translated to english, I won't be spriting the cards but resizing them to fit in the screen while the stuff like hp, etc for each card will be held in variables :D

exteradude

Any screenies? ANY? I REALLY WANT TO KNOW HOW THIS GAME TURNS OUT!!! [/EXCITED]

Years
  • DarkDragon is the proejct still on? I hope it is cause Pokemon TCG Games were understimated in the past even if they were really interesting. That could revive in some way them.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • Sorry, I've been really busy with school. If I fail the year I can't get to University so I doubt I will be working on this game anymore since I also lost all revamped work I had when my computer had to be formatted :\

I'm really sorry guys, next May if I feel like it I might restart the project :)

Back