• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokemon TCG: Neo (Final release)

I am thinking of replacing the Crystal Type ability with normal attacks, since it's bugged for 3/4 o

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
Years
  • So how many copies of the legendary cards are actually available in the game? Or is there no limit, so stopping at (say) sixteen of each makes sense? I'm at about forty cards now.

Also, have you considered creating a patch based on the Gym Challenge/Heroes sets? By my count, there are 180 Pokemon across those sets, plus 37 trainer cards (gyms included) that refer to specific Leaders, so that leaves slots for about 30 regular trainer cards? Not sure how you'd program the stadiums (maybe 'for the rest of this turn'?), but most of the other functions should be workable?
    I m pretty sure that I deleted the limit for getting legendary cards, or I raised it to a ridiculously high number.

I have thought about doing the Gym sets. However I have some qualms about how to program in certain pokemon (Hello, Brock's Ninetails) and I have to wonder if such a thing is neccesary since Kanto TCG exists. (Then again… Kanto TCG is quite buggy…)

Days
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I m pretty sure that I deleted the limit for getting legendary cards, or I raised it to a ridiculously high number.

I have thought about doing the Gym sets. However I have some qualms about how to program in certain pokemon (Hello, Brock's Ninetails) and I have to wonder if such a thing is neccesary since Kanto TCG exists. (Then again… Kanto TCG is quite buggy…)
    Without a limit, I guess it's possible to end up with hundreds of one card and only a handful of another? That could get annoying.

Re Brock's Ninetales, I'd start with the GB Ditto's Morph attack, swap "basic" for "evolution". Ideally you'd also grant the new card the "devolution" option as a third ability, but if the software can't handle three attacks on a card, have it move Ditto to the bench (or hand?) and binary flip its power for one that allows discarding the active evolved card, similar to the way the Fossil and Poke Doll cards work.

Cataclyptic

Years
  • Without a limit, I guess it's possible to end up with hundreds of one card and only a handful of another? That could get annoying.

Re Brock's Ninetales, I'd start with the GB Ditto's Morph attack, swap "basic" for "evolution". Ideally you'd also grant the new card the "devolution" option as a third ability, but if the software can't handle three attacks on a card, have it move Ditto to the bench (or hand?) and binary flip its power for one that allows discarding the active evolved card, similar to the way the Fossil and Poke Doll cards work.
    The max limit of any card owned by the player remains at 99, so there's that. Also yeah the game can't handle 3 attacks, unless the legendary Slash found a way around that and never told us.

I did look nto it and you're half right about the Ninetales. It would be possible to just use the pokepower to forcefully evolve it from hand to Ninetales. The major issue is how to have THAT evolution discard any pokepowers it has and replace it with Ninetales'. And since the game can't handle more than 3 attacks/ powers, that would quite problematic and would cause huge glitching if Ninetales evolved into something with 2 attacks… or even one with an activated ability…

Closest thing in terms of programming remains the forced evolution, which I guess is close enough.

Cataclyptic

Years
  • V 1.33 is live. Contains bug and text glitches, and thanks to Electro of the disassembly project, Version 1.33 (only) now prevents the first player from attacking on the first turn, which I say balances the game better in a sub 120 HP format. But if you don't like it, that rule isn't present in the Legacy version.

Also, I am publicly announcing the Discord server for people who want to learn how to hack this game, show off sprite art, or just discuss poketcg hacks in general. Honestly, thanks to Shaoden's modified pret, it's never been easier to hack this game.

Shaoden's pret found here: https://github.com/Sha0den/improvedpoketcg
    Discord found here: https://discord.gg/K2kfTx2xRf

Back