• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon TCG Probmlems?

Guitarstar76

Breeder/Pokecatcher
Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2011
    (Cut to the bold if you don't want to read the backround story) Ok, here is the story. I used to collect the pokemon cards when i was younger, but stopped during the 3rd generation and never really got into actually playing the game or dueling or whatever. The other day me and my brother found my box of over 2,000 cards, so we decided to build decks and have a face off. We quickly read the rules and started playing, halfway through the game we realized that the attacks took way to many energies, and they had to be discarded right after. We ended up not being able to win against one another, so we started playing without discarding energies after attacks. Did we do something wrong? how can we avoid this flaw in the game?

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • well forst off what cards are asking you to discard energies.

lloebet

Years
  • so your saying you dont have enough energies in your deck to discard energies?

Years
  • Wait. Are you discarding the energies to your discard pile after every attack or only after attacks that specifically say to discard energy in the attack's description? You don't discard energy when attacking unless the attack specifically tells you to.

lloebet

Years
  • Wait. Are you discarding the energies to your discard pile after every attack or only after attacks that specifically say to discard energy in the attack's description? You don't discard energy when attacking unless the attack specifically tells you to.
    yes thats what i was trying to say thank you lol.

Guitarstar76

Breeder/Pokecatcher
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2011
    We thought you were supposed to discard them after every attack. So you only discard the energies when an attack says to discard them?

Back