• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Team Rocket Rules!

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
    Pokemon Team Rocket Rules! A 007 Production

I'm not posting this in Progressing Hacks because I'm not quite ready to map it and I am clueless on how to text (whack a hack tried to explain, but it was confusing).

Team Rocket has gone back to their secret moon base after defeats in Kanto and Johto. The team hires a new boss, Therma, to see if they can get better results from her. Therma knew exactly what to do. The Team would capture Jirachi and then wish for domination of the most diverse region on Earth, Variko. Jirachi was caught by Therma and Jirachi was brought up to the peak of Night Mountain to grant the wishes of Team Rocket. She asked for domination of the region, but Jirachi gave the team much more than that. She gave team rocket new commanders, better order, and various bases in the region.

I'd say the difficulty of the hack is going to be approximately 94/100, so be prepared when the finished product comes out.

Starters: I'm not sure yet since you can obtain all of the water starters in game, 1 of the grass types, and 1 of the fire types. I'll get you informed as soon as I figure it out.

Rivals: You have 3 rivals. One is also after Team Rocket because of their mission to destroy the forest area between Vesuvia City (2nd Gym) and Green City (7th Gym). His name is Nate because he loves nature so much. He has predominantly grass and flying types. Another one is one that is important to the Regi sidequest. His name is Regi (because he is after the 3 Regi's). He is at first disguised as an ordinary archaeologist, but then changes to his own sprite. The other rival is Trion, a Brid Watcher who wants the 3 legendary birds.

Legendaries: Jirachi is the main legendary in the game. You don't get to catch him till very late in the game. He is found in HQ path after the Rocket's wish gets destroyed. He is at level 77.
    The Legendary Regi's are available late in the game. I'll tell you how to obtain them later after I complete the game. They will all appear at level 60.
    The Legendary Birds (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres): Found very late in the game. Appear in Shuttle City on top of the shuttle (Moltres) (after Jirachi dominates Team Rocket), Zapdos (peak of Night Mountain). Articuno is found at the underwater area after you defeat the Elite 4. The birds are found at level 96 (Moltres), 86(Zapdos), and Articuno (56).
    Celebi is found after Team Rocket burns the forest area. After you defeat Therma, you can catch him at level 87.

These are the only ones so far that will be obtainable through the game. I msy mske more obtainable, but it's not likely that I will.

I hope you enjoy this hack. I will update it soon.

Last edited:

calmd

Nerdy Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    YES first person...this sounds like it'll be good game

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years
    Its looking good, you may want to elaborate a bit on the storyline though. Who is the Player? Where do they live? How are they involved with Team Rocket?
    I like the idea of a region that has been dominated, it sounds very similar to my hack, Torzach.
    You could go far with this, start some maps, get a team together, and it could go well. Remember, dream big, then follow those dreams

-Mac

Musician of Literature

Years
    Its looking good, you may want to elaborate a bit on the storyline though. Who is the Player? Where do they live? How are they involved with Team Rocket?
    I like the idea of a region that has been dominated, it sounds very similar to my hack, Torzach.
    You could go far with this, start some maps, get a team together, and it could go well. Remember, dream big, then follow those dreams

-Mac
    The player is an average 10 year old boy. He lives in the Rocket Base in Variko. He is not involved with team rocket. He just wakes up the morning after the mission I mentioned in the first post. He had a dream that Jirachi was in his head. Jirachi said that Team Rocket has had it's revenge and that you need to stop it.

If I get a team going, you're first on it, since you mentioned the idea and you have some experience, as I can see in your signature.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but Rocket hacks are very common now. If you want to stick with Team Rocket then you might wanna make it a clear stand-out with features. But anyways good luck.

RetroGamer379

Call Me Retro!
    Years
    Yeah, I would have to agree with baseballscooper. There are A LOT of Team Rocket hacks out right now, eben where you are a part of team rocket. Make this REALLY different from the others, because otherwise people will just see it like another team Rocket hack. Be careful!

Musician of Literature

Years
    Yeah, I would have to agree with baseballscooper. There are A LOT of Team Rocket hacks out right now, eben where you are a part of team rocket. Make this REALLY different from the others, because otherwise people will just see it like another team Rocket hack. Be careful!
    Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to make it different by Team Rocket finally winning and gaining control of a region, and you trying to stop them.

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years
    The player is an average 10 year old boy. He lives in the Rocket Base in Variko. He is not involved with team rocket. He just wakes up the morning after the mission I mentioned in the first post. He had a dream that Jirachi was in his head. Jirachi said that Team Rocket has had it's revenge and that you need to stop it.

If I get a team going, you're first on it, since you mentioned the idea and you have some experience, as I can see in your signature.
    Ahh, much better. I think that gives us a better idea of what the hack is about :D
    As for a team, I'd be willing to help, however you have to understand I'm very busy with Torzach at the moment, but I may have some free time :D PM me if you need anything

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    Reading what the others have said I would agree that there are alot of rocket hacks and from my past experiance of trying to do one they are hard. I do like how there the dominant force mind, makes a change as most rocket hack have them being the underdog. Also this isnt a Rocket hack so mutch as a hack with a main theam of being against the rockets as apposed to gym leaders (I asume) any way good look with that and I'd be happy to help with sprites or mapping assuming I have the time.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    Man, there really ARE a lot of Rocket hacks lately...

Well, I'll say the same thing I've said of the other Rocket hacks: if a half dozen Rocket-centric hacks get finished all around the same time, then that's a half dozen Rocket-centric hacks I can play, so I'm not complaining. xD A question, though: if the hero isn't involved with Team Rocket, why is he in a Rocket Base? Are his parents Rockets? Is he a prisoner? Is he some hobo/orphan kid who sneaks into the Rocket Base at night for warmth? Has Team Rocket taken over the region so effectively that they can force civilians to live inside their bases, more like Rocket Fortresses than Rocket Bases?

And why does he have these other rivals? If Nate's also anti-Rocket, why would he fight you? Why the other two rivals, are they competing with you to catch the Regis and Birds? And if so, why doesn't the hero just let them take the legendaries? Usually the hero in Pokémon games (despite the fact that he's a silent protagonist) is characterized by the people around him as a kind, generous, hard-working but sympathetic trainer, who loves his Pokémon and treats them kindly. "Collector of Legendaries who will randomly battle other people solely for the right to catch a few rare Pokémon" doesn't fit with this characterization. If you'd like to break out of the kind-generous-corageous-trainer mold that the canon games make, more power to you and I think that'd be cool. But if you do, you probably want the characters around you to indicate this in some way in dialogue. Not so much "Gee, you look like your Pokémon really like you! You must be a nice trainer," and more "Wow, I can tell you're a hardcore Pokémon collector. I bet you have a lot of super rare Pokémon."

Unless maybe catching these legendaries is important to the plot, and you need them to stop Team Rocket? In which case the hero would be absolutely justified in fighting Regi and Trion for the right to catch them, as it's not a matter of collecting the legendaries, but rather a matter of Truth, Justice, and the Varikoan Way. Justice trumps collections every time.

Anyway, good luck with this!

Musician of Literature

Years

Well, I'll say the same thing I've said of the other Rocket hacks: if a half dozen Rocket-centric hacks get finished all around the same time, then that's a half dozen Rocket-centric hacks I can play, so I'm not complaining. xD A question, though: if the hero isn't involved with Team Rocket, why is he in a Rocket Base? Are his parents Rockets? Is he a prisoner? Is he some hobo/orphan kid who sneaks into the Rocket Base at night for warmth? Has Team Rocket taken over the region so effectively that they can force civilians to live inside their bases, more like Rocket Fortresses than Rocket Bases?

And why does he have these other rivals? If Nate's also anti-Rocket, why would he fight you? Why the other two rivals, are they competing with you to catch the Regis and Birds? And if so, why doesn't the hero just let them take the legendaries? Usually the hero in Pokémon games (despite the fact that he's a silent protagonist) is characterized by the people around him as a kind, generous, hard-working but sympathetic trainer, who loves his Pokémon and treats them kindly. "Collector of Legendaries who will randomly battle other people solely for the right to catch a few rare Pokémon" doesn't fit with this characterization. If you'd like to break out of the kind-generous-corageous-trainer mold that the canon games make, more power to you and I think that'd be cool. But if you do, you probably want the characters around you to indicate this in some way in dialogue. Not so much "Gee, you look like your Pokémon really like you! You must be a nice trainer," and more "Wow, I can tell you're a hardcore Pokémon collector. I bet you have a lot of super rare Pokémon."

Unless maybe catching these legendaries is important to the plot, and you need them to stop Team Rocket? In which case the hero would be absolutely justified in fighting Regi and Trion for the right to catch them, as it's not a matter of collecting the legendaries, but rather a matter of Truth, Justice, and the Varikoan Way. Justice trumps collections every time.

They are important to the plot, because if you don't catch the Regi's, Team Rocket will catch them for their next mission. Same with the birds.

The Rocket Base was originally a town called Crystal Town, and when Therma made the wish, the town was changed to team rocket's base. You fight the other rival because he is trying to do the same thing as you are: stop team rocket.

Thanks for complimenting on my hack.

Reading what the others have said I would agree that there are alot of rocket hacks and from my past experiance of trying to do one they are hard. I do like how there the dominant force mind, makes a change as most rocket hack have them being the underdog. Also this isnt a Rocket hack so mutch as a hack with a main theam of being against the rockets as apposed to gym leaders (I asume) any way good look with that and I'd be happy to help with sprites or mapping assuming I have the time.
    Thanks for offering to help, Lexington. The message that this isn't a Team Rocket hack as much as a team rocket themed hack isn't getting through to some. And the thing is, the gym leaders are also members of Team Rocket, like the commanders and other officials.

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Sorry to say it,but you gotta shrink the storyline,cuz i'm bored reading.
    No one is going to shorten the storyline. If you are to bored to read/ to lazy to read then maybe you shouldn't hang around here as MOST plots are longish

Back