• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Terra Nova

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2024
    DOWNLOAD LINKS FOR POKEMON TERRA NOVA

Link 1 (Mega)
    Link 2 (Mediafire)

CHANGELOG - New for Version 1.17

Spoiler:

About Pokemon Terra Nova

This game has been a project of ours since the release of Pokemon Black 2, and its been a sort of internal project among myself and my friend group since then. We've worked on and off on it, but I'm happy to present the finished project here today - this is a big fangame! My playtesters reported times between 50 and 130 hours, depending on how much or little optional content you do.
    This game was made in Pokemon Essentials, and the game is fully complete barring any potential small bug-fix updates or minor content additions.

Over 880 Original Pokemon! (Fakemon)

This game features an absolutely massive amount of Fakemon - over 880 of them! These were sprited ourselves - some of them are splices of original Pokemon, whereas others are original designs. There are no original Pokemon in this game - only Fakemon! For more detail, check the Readme after downloading the project!

16 Gyms, with some freedom as to how to progress the game!

There are 16 gyms in this game. Gyms are separated into groups of four - you must defeat two of the gyms in that group of four to advance to the next group of gyms and gain access to more areas
    of the world. You will have the opportunity to challenge all of the gyms once you are far enough in the game, at endgame levels.

Lots of detail and side content!

There's lots of random things in this game to make the game world feel more alive!

PokeKings online Message board featuring Art and fake "Forum Posts" by the game characters on each and every Fully Evolved Pokemon!
    Find or earn costumes to change your characters look! Some of them are slight changes, and others are completely different!
    Inspect nearly every item of furniture to receive some silly flavor text! There's LOTS of them! You might even end up finding a Furniture Token...
    Other characters in the game world can randomly be found from place to place. There are lots of them, and their dialogue changes frequently. You might see them talking to NPCs, each other, or they might be free and offer you a trade or a battle.
    Oftentimes, when you lose to a gym leader, you might come back to find them already challenging someone else! You can sit and watch the battle, or come back at a later time.
    PokeGear features many different phone channels to call. Some of them offer useful battling features like a Move Relearner or Pokemon Name Rater, but others are more amusing like a number that lets you bet on fake futuristic racers and much more!
    40+ optional sidequests, including a Quest Log script by M3rein to keep track of them!
    Tons of Postgame battling content, like Master Trainers for every fully evolved Pokemon (400+) and many high level tournaments and challenges, some straightforward, others with some gimmicks, culminating in the final challenge against 100 trainers! See the Readme for more information

Play as four different characters!

- Thanks to NettoHikari's Multiple Protagonist's script, you will swap between four different characters in this game! They'll have separate teams, but there will come a time when you will be free to swap and trade between all four protagonists...

Plot

- The game features a lighthearted, goofy plot with colourful characters poking fun at each other.
    - Lots of scenes, some mandatory, many optional, of the characters bantering with each other or NPCs.
    - The game focuses on a group of characters who have travelled to the Deep Blue region, a newly formed region funded almost entirely by a single woman, Silvia. There are many different
    types of Pokemon in this region. A gym challenge, Elite Four and champion have been set up for this new region.
    - These characters end up finding themselves assigned to a Team and will pool their efforts together to obtain the badges and challenge the Elite Four.
    - However, there is a secret going on in the world... Rumours of a mysterious voice talking to people in their sleep, and those that hear it end up falling into a coma not long after.
    - What is the truth behind this?

Screenshots

Spoiler:

I think that sums up just about everything! The download links are at the top of the post.
    There might still be some little bugs here and there. We've done a lot of playtesting, but this is a large game and I can't promise I caught absolutely everything.
    I hope you have a great time trying this game out - there's tons to do and see. Please see the Readme in the RAR file for detailed information and tips!

Credits
    Spoiler:

Discord Link:

Discord link here!

Google Document with Pokemon names, typing, evolution levels, quests, and costume locations:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...IE3SBlQJcYM5blnHO57jWrt0mI/edit#gid=917613790

It'll be updated here and there to add more information to it. But if you want a glimpse at what you're in for, take a look!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Awesome! Game looks so awesome I'm excited to play it. Any plans to make documentation with enemy trainer teams? It would be super helpful while playing so I know the levels of the teams I'll be fighting.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2024
    Hi, thanks for your interest:

The Region Map is below. It's kind of simple, but the colour of the routes show which areas you have access to. Yellow is areas you have access to from the start. Blue you have access to after two badges, orange after four, and red after six.

Pokemon Terra Nova

As for Documentation with enemy teams... It's a little tricky since there are tons and tons of trainers in this game, but I can let you know the levels of the gym leaders, if that helps you plan it out a bit. The Gym Leaders levels change a bit depending on the order you take them on in.

Gym 1 (Levels from 15-17, 3 Pokemon)
    Gym 2 (Levels from 18-22, 4 Pokemon)
    Gym 3 (Levels from 26-28, 4 Pokemon)
    Gym 4 (Levels from 31-33, 5 Pokemon)
    Gym 5 (Levels from 38-40, 5 Pokemon)
    Gym 6 (Levels from 42-43, 6 Pokemon)
    Gym 7 (Levels from 52-54, 6 Pokemon)
    Gym 8 (Levels from 58-60, 6 Pokemon)

All Gym Rematches are at level 60 with 6 Pokemon.

Past level 60, the EXP gain slows down quite a bit, so that's around the level I expect you to be for endgame. It's not a hard cap but it's difficult to get past 60.

That said, fighting higher level Pokemon gets you way more EXP in this game, so if you're just a bit under a gym leader just knocking out one or two of their Pokemon could get you a big EXP boost, even if you lose.

As for a discord - that's a good idea - I'll work on getting one ready in the next day or two for those who are interested.

SolarDawn

LunarDusk
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have two question my first question is do this game have a speed up button and my second question is there a exp share?

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2023
    Okay, so I've just downloaded the game and started reading the Readme doc.
    I want to say that I love the idea of having four characters at the same time, that's a phenomenal idea, I've never seen it before. I'll be able to test 24 different pokemons in a single playthrough!!!
    There are a few points that I don't like, but that's my personal taste. Like the level cap, or the set type of battle.
    But on the other hand, I really like the level scaling, the healing after each battle, or the held items not being consumed. (Finally, I can use berries on my pokemon without the risk of losing my one Sitrus berry just before the champion!!!!!)

Thank you for all your work.

(Sadly I absolutely do not have the time to play right now, but it's at the very top of my to-play list.)

Edit: Would it be possible to have a list of fakemons? At least name and type? My favorite thing is brainstorming a team and later seeing if it work.

Last edited:

Steeldude

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • When reading the sign that lists available Pokémon in the starting town, after choosing "Detailed Look", the game writes these names: Vuny, Conflanatus, Brinch and then it crashes with an error message.

Other than that, the game looks really promising!

Attachments

• Pokemon Terra Nova
      Error.png
      42.9 KB · Views: 10
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    This looks fantastic! Unfortunately, after downloading it (twice, both from mega and mf), and extracting it, it doesn't launch. It opens the game, stays on a black screen before closing itself. Other fangames work perfectly for me, though.

Years
  • This looks fantastic! Unfortunately, after downloading it (twice, both from mega and mf), and extracting it, it doesn't launch. It opens the game, stays on a black screen before closing itself. Other fangames work perfectly for me, though.

this is a common problem in some other pokemon games for me too,to fix it go to "this pc",click "system properties",click "advanced system settings",click "settings: in performance part,
    click data execution prevention,click "turn on dep for all programs and services except those i select" then click add and add the game.exe

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2024
    Hi, thanks for your comments. Currently there is no speedup button. The EXP share can be found either after you get the first badge in the dungeon you are sent to, or purchased from the store. All characters except the first will also start with one in their inventory. It is the old style of EXP share which splits EXP between two Pokemon.

I've posted a new version with some bugfixes - the Changelog is in the bottom of the post. Most notably is the crash in the first town when checking the sign (How did we miss THAT?) and fixing the coin cost for Highprice to be what it says (It was accidentally set too high.)

Apologies for the trouble!

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Uhhh, is there a Discord server for this? This sounds like a great fangame but I mostly only play fangames where there is am active Discord server so I don't have to wait for any help on these forums...

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023
    ALSO After i update/download the game my save file was gone 😣😣😣😣😣😣☹️☹️☹️☹️🙁🙁🙁😭😭😭 I WANT MY SAVE FILE BACK

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2024
    For the other starters, yes! It'll be quite a long time, but once you get 8 badges you can take part in a special tournament at the Tag Dome. Each time you clear it, you'll get a choice of one of the starters again.

After the third badge... In most cases, you need to head back to your base and head to Silvia's office (to the left). If you've already done that, you'll need to head to the teleporter - that's when you go into the base and head far to the right - and head to the Tag Dome.

I'm not sure what happened to your save file! It's odd, because the name of the project hasn't changed so it usually keeps files that way. Check to see if your save file is still where it should be, maybe?

If you're playing on PC, you can find it on your C Drive, in the following path:

Users > (The profile you are using) > Saved Games > TerraNova

In there should be a "Game.RXDATA", maybe see if it got moved somehow? If it still doesn't work, I can send link to the old version to see if that brings it back.

m getting a Google Doc together that will state evolution levels and methods. Right now it only has the Normal Types in it - it also has a listing of quests and costumes. I'll be updating it throughout the week. Use the tabs on the bottom of the document to look through. It's a work in progress, but it might help it out!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nlpshLB94zJWroK5ZIE3SBlQJcYM5blnHO57jWrt0mI/edit?usp=sharing

I've also made a discord. I'm not promising I'll be there constantly - I generally only have a couple hours a day free time - but feel free to join.

https://discord.gg/quH38RNj

Back