• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that can be a gender, but shouldn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
  • OP, can we not call things homomon please? It's stupid and unnecessary and bordering on homophobic. And Pokemon can be any gender they want to be. They're born that way, etc.

Also, if they made Kirlia only female, then it would be IMPOSSIBLE to get a Gallade. Don't be silly.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Also, if there were Pokémon that were exclusively female, they wouldn't be able to breed. Also, has it occurred to you that gender is different than their appearance/sex? It might be their appearance that gives the Pokémon features that look masculine/feminine to you. This is why they made evolutions that are masculine/feminine.

Oshige

My life is just a dream
    Years
  • Obviously there is Mr. mime but i caught a female wahhhhh WTF is is a Mrs. Mime i guess.

Darthrai

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Though to a lesser extent than Machamp, Conkeldurr shouldn't be able to be female >.<

Years

• Well, the fact that the designer(s) of Reshiram/Zekrom stated that Reshiram was designed specifically to be feminine and Zekrom, masculine, kinda rids of this possibility. xD And Giratina doesn't really have any girly traits, besides the "ina" at the end of its name. Heck, look at Manaphy. I could've SWORN that thing was supposed to be represented as a female, but then there's the whole "prince of the sea" thing, and the fact that it was referred to as a male in Mystery Dungeon. =/ I just can't see that thing as a male... ugh, thank goodness it's genderless. xD
    Ah... in that case... hmm. I perfer Reshiram as a boy if it had a gender. As for Giratina... it does have girly traits sense it's adorable and it's color scene.

Oh and another Pokemon I perfer to be male: Volcarona. Having a girl one is too weird.

And I think that Haxorus should be all male as well and Hydreigon as all female. Sense Haxorus is masculine and Hydreigon is very girly. Oh and it ups the Haxorus vs Hydreigon argument.

EDIT: and what's wrong with Conkeldurr being female?

it's pink!! and it also went from pale to tan... a feminine trait.. meaning tanning.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Male Gardevoir is just disturbing to even think about...

As for Machop/timburr evo, it is very weird to have a female version of it, but it's just like female bodybuilders... which is still very... awkward to think about >.> Even though you can argue all day about conkeldurr being "pink" and all, but that t-shirt "Tough Guys Wear Pink." springs in to my mind ;s

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • Grimer/Muk comes to mind as one that should definitely NOT have a gender. Trubbish/Garbodor for the same reason. Since when do sludge and garbage produce eggs and....yanno.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014

Ah... in that case... hmm. I perfer Reshiram as a boy if it had a gender. As for Giratina... it does have girly traits sense it's adorable and it's color scene.

Oh and another Pokemon I perfer to be male: Volcarona. Having a girl one is too weird.

And I think that Haxorus should be all male as well and Hydreigon as all female. Sense Haxorus is masculine and Hydreigon is very girly. Oh and it ups the Haxorus vs Hydreigon argument.

EDIT: and what's wrong with Conkeldurr being female?

it's pink!! and it also went from pale to tan... a feminine trait.. meaning tanning.

Well it has a beard...girls with beards are just...weird..

Glaile: ♂
    Muscular fighting types: ♂
    Gardevoir: ♀
    Combee: ♀ (unless they make a male counterpart of Vespequeen
    Probopass/Nosepass: ♂
    Milotic: ♀ (seriously, male Milotic?)
    Budew line: ♀
    Sewaddle line: ♀
    Bellosom: ♀
    Cleffa/Igglybuff line: ♀
    Heatran: (i can't believe Heatran has gender!?)
    Pawniard line: ♂
    Gothita line: ♀

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    So does anyone have justification for this or are we just going to get posts about stereotypical gender roles and ideas of feminity which apparently come before accessibility in game mechanics?

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • So does anyone have justification for this or are we just going to get posts about stereotypical gender roles and ideas of feminity which apparently come before accessibility in game mechanics?
    mr mime - mr is the title given to an adult man. how can it be female?

and what do you mean by accessibility in game mechanics? changing the female male ratio of some pokemon is going to be that hard mechanical wise considering they've already done it with alot of pokemon.

these are just opinions of other people, no need to get bitter.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    mr mime - mr is the title given to an adult man. how can it be female?

That's a translation error that we've already covered several times.

and what do you mean by accessibility in game mechanics?

It makes the breeding process more annoying when you can't find a Pokémon with both genders. There's no gain to be made from doing this.

Changing gender ratio also causes problems when importing old Pokémon so it's unlikely to ever be considered.

these are just opinions of other people, no need to get bitter.

That's a fancy way to say lol u mad? I'm simply asking why people think these Pokémon should have stereotypical gender assignments when it has a negative impact on gameplay.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • It makes the breeding process more annoying when you can't find a Pokémon with both genders. There's no gain to be made from doing this.

Ditto disagrees.

That's a fancy way to say lol u mad? I'm simply asking why people think these Pokémon should have stereotypical gender assignments when it has a negative impact on gameplay.
    lol u mad? :laugh:

but all joking aside, it would be a very weird world to live in if we see likes of feminine bodybuilders and cross-dressers in everyday life, wouldn't you? (unless you don't care about those things, but most do)

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2015
    why vanilite, vanilish, and vaniluxe have genders to begin with, they are just a mass of sentient ice and snow which for some reason decide to take the shape of frozen desserts, now we don't know exactly how pokemon can reproduce but it still always boggles me why (other than for the sake of gameplay and egg moves) pokemon that would fit the bill for a genderless pokemon still have genders.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    why vanilite, vanilish, and vaniluxe have genders to begin with, they are just a mass of sentient ice and snow which for some reason decide to take the shape of frozen desserts, now we don't know exactly how pokemon can reproduce but it still always boggles me why (other than for the sake of gameplay and egg moves) pokemon that would fit the bill for a genderless pokemon still have genders.

I'm betting that it isn't like animals or human reproduce, because if it was, the Daycare people would have noticed it. My guess is that each Pokemon has a unique way of giving some DNA from a male to a female (I mean, Vanillish could drop some ice on the ground and have the female pick it up), and then an egg pops out. Or something about the female and male energies, and them being alone in the Daycare.

Of course, I doubt there will ever be any real explanation on how it works, because, you know, it's Pokemon.

Years
  • So does anyone have justification for this or are we just going to get posts about stereotypical gender roles and ideas of feminity which apparently come before accessibility in game mechanics?
    I do think that the likes of Machamp and Conkeldurr have a right to be female sense girls are made as people who can't do anything.

It kinda proves that girls are just as good a boys.

Years
  • The abra line. I'm tired of having seeing that bearded lady, or in this case mustached lady, throwing psybeam at me. :P

Going along with the people who said Grimer, trash-grimer, and the ice cream cone; I don't think any of the "object" Pokemon should have genders*or existin the first place if their Pokedexes are to be regarded as the truth. *

This includes Voltorb, Bronzor, Magnemite etc. How does a giant magnet and a really big ball with eyes lay an egg, not to mention breed in the first place?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I don't agree, I don't see a problem with Gothitelle being male. It's not something that really bothers me.

I even have a female Conkeldurr on my team, a very valuable member. You can keep your male Conkeldurrs!

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • I'd jst like to make a note on Conkeldurr; that pink that it 'wears'?
    That's it's veins and arteries.
    Iin my opinion, they should give more varied gender differences for these pokemon, for example, female Machoke/Machamp could wear a bra or one peice suit.
    Male Kirlia cold have a shorter skirt, or none at all.
    Mr. Mime is easy, just nickname it and you're fine.
    All this could be done without need to change overall gender.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back