• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that surprised you when you first saw it

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Gyarados was the most shocking, especially after I evolved a Magikarp when I played through Yellow. I think my friends told me to evolve it, and when I did, it freaked me out.

NeoPsychedelia

Admiral of the Pokéfleet
    Years
  • For me, it's a tie between the Vanillite-Vanillish-Vanilluxe chain, and the Klink-Klang-Klinklang chain.

My first reaction was that Nintendo had descended into a severe idea crisis, and I just couldn't help rolling my eyes at how ridiculous both of those evolution chains looked.

Volcoronawing649

New Recruit
    Years
  • Reshiram... When I first saw it, I fell in love!!! Reshiram was beautiful!!

You coudnt be more right, reshiram IS a gorgeous legendary, but for some
    reason I got white version (the one with Zekrom -_-"). The only thing that
    bothers me just a little bit is that weird phallus shaped thing on Reshirams underside, LOL

Volcarona FTW! Oh and Larvesta, he is cool too.....

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    Gardevoir. Especially considering my first one was a male... First ever tranny Pokemon?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Black/White Kyurem. Like everyone else said its forms look like Kyurem fused with Zekrom/Reshiram DBZ-style.

Druddigon and Hydreigon. First time I saw them the first thing that ran through my mind was "What the ****".

And of course this guy:

carnivine.png

Fell in love immediately.

Callisto

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Deoxys. I don't know. I was just shock when I had an encounter with it. I think it's because of his arms and especially the eyes.

HypnoStealsChildren

Alakazams IQ is over 9000!
    Years
  • Jynx! The first pokemon game I ever played was 'Pokemon Stadium' on the N64, and when I saw that strange, over affectionate drag queen all I could think was 'What am I playing?!'

Back