• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Beginning

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
    Years
    Got a New Computer. Lost all data due to me being an idiot. But this gives me time to go back and fix some things I found in the story.

Pokémon: The Beginning

Program: Rpg Maker XP

Sections:
    Introduction
    Region
    Story
    Characters
    Features
    Video
    Screen Shots
    Progress
    Recruitment
    Credits

Introduction:
    My name is JR. Ive been messing around with RPG Maker XP for quite some time. So I finally decided to start a game. And here it is. It is called Pokemon: The Beginning. Why you may ask. Well its because the games never really clearly stated what happened. There is the Nintendo version of things of what happened. All others will be deleted or added later when the story is updated. Let me make this clear. Pokemon: The Beginning will have traits from the official story of the Pokemon world and my own ideas interlaced. This will make it more of an original game than just one based off of the Nintendo ones.

Region:

Norta

Pronounced Nor-Ta

Norta is going to be based off the United States. Majority of the regions of the Nintendo games are based from Japan. I do believe there are a few from Mexico to. I'm choosing United States because I haven't seen any one else base it off the United States. There will be four minor regaions that make up Norta.

Sub Region - Rookies, Pine Barrens, Desert, Wet Lands

The Rookies sub region is going to represent the Rookie Mountain region of the United States.

The Pine Barrens will represent the the North East Part of the United states. This comes form growing up in the Pine Barrens. In return your home town will be actually my home town in life.

Desert is the driest region in Norta. Thanks to a drought and the war their is only a few cities that have survived. When you first go here make sure you have plenty of water for you and your pokemon.

Wet lands are the wettest region. You will be traveling through the South east part of the Region. Here you will have to make sure you take care of you health along with your pokemon. Diseases are very common for both you and your partner pokemon.

Rough Sketchh of Norta

Pokemon: The Beginning

Towns
    Pine Barrens
    Atco (Home Town)
    Berlin
    Hammonton
    Atlantic City (Gambling City)

Story:

Norta is a legendary place for those who live in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. The land is in a constant war. People of Norta are always fighting with Pokemon and disregard their needs. The Four (sub regions) all want total control for themselves. Each ruler has their own plans for Norta.......

2,000 years later the wars have finally stop. Each (sub region) has finally made a treaty between them. A single person stand out among the rest who helped with the treaty. His name is Professor Orb.

Professor Orb has been studying Pokemon for years. Even though the penalty for contacting other regions is death. He secretly got a hold of a Pokemon professors in other regions. Most notably is a professor from the Kanto region. This professor has been tutoring Professor Orb in a way that most Pokemon Professors in NOrta wished they understood. Thanks to this professor, Prof. Orb has smuggled in the Elite four from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.

When they arrived to your home town, Prof. Orb held a meeting. Unkown to the rest of Norta. You over hear about the meeting adn you sneak in and hide before it starts.

After the meeting the elite 4 disperse around Norta and her 4 (sub regions). Soon after Prof. Orb rushes to the Unites Sub Regions (USR, and is subject to change) to inform them he has came up with a way so there would be no more wars in the Region.

Characters:

You - You are a 12 year old boy/girl. Your home town is Atco. You really didn't want to become a trainer, until the day you heard about the tournaments that are going to be held. You go around trying to win the tournaments and to help either the police and or the evil teams a long your journey.

Prof. Orb - The head of the Pokemon Scientists. He is also your home town Pokemon Professor. He will help you along the way. His life goes into chaos when other professors learn he smuggled pokemon trainers in from another region.

Team Nalgene - Better Team name will come soon. These are a group of wanna be Elite Trainers. Their goal is to gain control of the Pokemon League. They great an artificial league with a chain of Islands they discover.

Team Rocket - Of course there will be Team Rocket. Jesse and James along with Meowth Found a way into the Plains region. They have set up a base for other members of team rocket to come in. They also are supplying Team Nalgene with information on the Elite for and Professor Orb and what he knows.

Planned Features:

[FONT=&quot]1. Original Tm's and Hm[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2. Ability to become the Leader of Team Rocket, Team Nalgene or Police[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]3. The ability to join the Police, Evil Teams[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]4. New Region. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](More details coming before game launch)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]5. Ability to catch all starter Pokemon. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](You will only have one chance to catch them in the wild then they will be gone)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] 6. Full banking system. Interest rates and Loans. Loans have interest to.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] 7. Alignment System/ Renown[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] 8. Ability to get a Job.[/FONT]
    9. Lock Picking. This will include a Skill Rank!
    10. Hygiene, Fatigue and Hunger system.
    More to Come

[FONT=&quot]Videos[/FONT]

None yet.

Screen Shots
    None Yet.

Progress
    Norta Region
    Cities - 0.0%
    Routes - 0%
    Gyms - 0%
    Story Added - 0%
    Story & Features Updated - 10%

Credit:
    Poccil - Pokemon Start Kit.
    AbyssalLord of RMXP.org for Banking System.
    Torai Fable Alignment System

Last edited:

Sage of Redemption

Wanderer or nowhere
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2009
    story seems very predictable, but alast, it is called "Pokemon: the beginning". the police should have a big role in this story cause i always though of the elite 4 as organized crime, like the mob.

crzyone9584

Years
    still working on the time line. Thinking of about 15 to 20 years before anime and the games. I'm constantly updating the story. Its going to be taking me a while do to I'm also creating an application in vb.2008 for a different project.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    I would think the Pokémon League has been around for longer than 30 years or so. The Olympics have been around for thousands of years. Don't you think some kind of Pokémon battling competition would have emerged long, long ago as well? After all, competition is human nature.

Years
    Try reading the pokemon manga for ideas. They have more backstory for the elite four than the anime or the games do.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2009
    yer i think poke leagues been around for about 1000 years or more but not less agreeing with magnemite

crzyone9584

Years
    ok. Ill do some more research see if i can come up with anything on the league. Nothing came up before, i might of missed it though. Ill check again though.

Waudby

You just need to remember, it's your game, the Pokémon League could have been around for as long as you want it to be.

Don't be afraid to write your own ideas in. Create your own lore inside your world. If they've only been around 30 years or so explain why. There has to be a reason.

crzyone9584

Years
    You just need to remember, it's your game, the Pokémon League could have been around for as long as you want it to be.

Don't be afraid to write your own ideas in. Create your own lore inside your world. If they've only been around 30 years or so explain why. There has to be a reason.

Thanks for the info. I do need to do some more research on the league though. When i finally get my current project done (website for a different project) ill have to look into it. Tonight at work ill prolly think of somethings to add to the story. (im always bored and no one shows up at big 5 sporting goods after like 7) For some reason this is where i find the majority of my idea for any of my projects. It might be do to i dont want to be at work lol.

Waudby

Thanks for the info. I do need to do some more research on the league though. When i finally get my current project done (website for a different project) ill have to look into it. Tonight at work ill prolly think of somethings to add to the story. (im always bored and no one shows up at big 5 sporting goods after like 7) For some reason this is where i find the majority of my idea for any of my projects. It might be do to i dont want to be at work lol.

We all know the feeling of not wanting to be at work :P

I think you should research it a bit but keep your own flare to it. Think about how much things change at fast pace in real life. The same could happen in your world.

I'd rather play a well thought out world, then a cheap rip off of Nintendo's ideas.

Good Luck.

crzyone9584

Years
    We all know the feeling of not wanting to be at work :P

I think you should research it a bit but keep your own flare to it. Think about how much things change at fast pace in real life. The same could happen in your world.

I'd rather play a well thought out world, then a cheap rip off of Nintendo's ideas.

Good Luck.

Thats why i am recreating the story line. My old story line was a close rip of Nintendo. People who commented about it stated a few points here and there about it. So i decided to rework the story line after my hd crashed for a second time. (got a new one now though lol) Im working on getting events and a thanks to wichu a custom time so players wont have to wait a full 12 hours jsut to do something. I wont even start mapping till i have the story where i think its good enough to start adding it to the game. Not to mention id rather get the features i want towork correctly first.

Waudby

I'm really glad to see more game developers planning their work out instead of just going at it straight away.

I'm this case Google Docs can be a god send, because you can store all your ideas and randomness online without the worry of it being formatted or lost.

Also try and get a small amount of webspace somewhere for online hosting, this is also a good idea once you have some work done to prevent loss of work later.

If you need and help just ask and I'll try.

crzyone9584

Years
    already got web hositng. I cant put link up do to its only a forum. When i have more time ill create a dedicated site just for this. but for now. all i have is a forum. im still trying to find if i can post a link in my signature for my site though.

Waudby

already got web hositng. I cant put link up do to its only a forum. When i have more time ill create a dedicated site just for this. but for now. all i have is a forum. im still trying to find if i can post a link in my signature for my site though.

Yeah you are allowed to put links in your sig to other forums and sites.

Waudby

Awesome, will you be updating both your site and this thread? Or will there be more goodies to see over at your site in the future? If so i'll make sure to keep checking it.

crzyone9584

Years
    Awesome, will you be updating both your site and this thread? Or will there be more goodies to see over at your site in the future? If so i'll make sure to keep checking it.

For the majority ill be updating both. But the site will have a lot more information than this once the development takes off.

crzyone9584

Years
    Well here is an update. The story is updated. The new region and the "evil team" is explained a little bit. Also here is a video of the new alignment system IT will go into more depth than what it is in but this is just a preview. For the onemenu that goes up to the right hand corner i have no clue how to fix.

Last edited:
    Back