• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon: The Deckbuilding Game [v1.2.00] (3/18/23)

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2023

Pokemon: The Deckbuilding Game [v1.2.00]  (3/18/23)

Introduction
    Inspired by Slay the Spire and Pokemon VGC doubles.
    Made using GameMaker Studio 2.
    Draft 4 Pokemon to join your party, each with their own stats, starting deck, and card choices as they level up and evolve.
    Battle with 2 Pokemon out at a time to overcome wild battles, trainer encounters, and Gym Leaders to join the Hall of Fame.

Pictures
    Spoiler:

Features
    170+ Usable Pokemon
    500+ Cards
    115+ Abilities
    8 Gym Leaders
    5 Champions
    Adjustable game length and difficulty

Planned
    More Pokemon, Cards, Gyms, Champions, Abilities, Trainers, Held Items, and Map tiles.
    Consumable Items, Sound, Revamped UI, Event encounters, Playable trainers with new rules.

👉DOWNLOAD👈

Starting Guide
    Spoiler:

Discord Server
    Patch Notes

Credits
    Developer - EnderLady
    Tileset - The-Red-eX
    Type Chart - pokemondb.net
    Play Testers - BigMomma, ItsOtter

Pokémon is owned by:
    The Pokémon Company
    Nintendo
    Affiliated with Game Freak

Last edited:

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
    Spoiler:

Approved!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How i dealing damage to the oposing pokemon? i dont manageing to attacking the oposing team

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2023
    How i dealing damage to the oposing pokemon? i dont manageing to attacking the oposing team

Damage is dealt first to Armor for physical attacks (red icons) and Barrier for special attacks (blue icons) before damage is dealt to the target's health.
    Some types are also immune to others so you can drag and hover the card over your target to see if the number changes before you attack.
    Hope this helps and thank you for trying the game!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    how to attacking i tried to drawing cards but i cant to drawing cards

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2024
    Hey, mEnderlady, welcome to the PokeCommunity foruns =)
    I myself am new here, but I'm having a good time and hope you do too.

About the game:
    I've been trying to play but I really think you should have a "step by step" somewhere.
    Be it here or in the beggining of the game to let us know the basic stuff -> how to attack, health points, how many cards in the deck, the armor system, ending my turn, etc, etc.

I've been trying to understand these thing on my own and more often than not it results in the game crashing xD
    And I'm not complaining about crashes - it's a fan game, its's gonna happen - but about having to "discover" these principles of the game.

So, can you help? ^^

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    What is the point of choosing 3rd evolutions if we have to start with pre-evolutions anyway. And what is Might supposed to be in the new game selection?

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2023
    Thank you for the feedback!
    I added a Starting Guide section to the post and updated the download link to a new version with some minor bug fixes and a Read Me file with some additional information.
    I know the game is a bit confusing starting out, especially if you are not familiar with deck builders. I will be working on adding a tutorial in the game sometime in the future.
    If anyone has any additional questions let me know!

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2024
    Hey, mEnderlady!

Thanks for the mini tutorial, it really helped a lot =)

Do you plan on having a discord? Or do we post bugs / crashes here?

This one happened to me when my Gyarados tried to use Aqua Jet.

of Draw Event
    for object obj_card:

Unable to find instance for object index 100750
    at gml_Script_damage_calc_gml_Object_obj_card_Create_0
    ############################################################################################
    gml_Script_damage_calc_gml_Object_obj_card_Create_0 (line -1)
    gml_Object_obj_card_Draw_0

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2023
    Hey, mEnderlady!

Thanks for the mini tutorial, it really helped a lot =)

Do you plan on having a discord? Or do we post bugs / crashes here?

This one happened to me when my Gyarados tried to use Aqua Jet.

Spoiler:

That's a great idea! I added a Discord link to the post.
    Thank you for the crash report! I'll try and investigate what might have happened.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2022
    Sadly I got so far and it glitched, and have been enjoying the game a lot! I wish there was a better UI, it took me a minute to figure out esc is to back.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2022
    Awesome, been waiting for news on this game and I can't wait to try out the update. Keep up the great work!

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2022

Finally won my first 8 gyms, and it is so fun! I'd be happy to help with any design ideas for later gens. This is such a winner! :) thanks for the game!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2023
    I apologize for the slow updates lately, I have been having carpal tunnel problems so I have been taking it really easy. I appreciate everyone trying out the game! I am excited to get back into it!

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2021
    hello there developer of pokemon deck buldin game. M name is ilyas, and i'm from algeria. I already joined on the discord server. I came here for the reason of making the game playable by us. Please let's colaborate and help make the game be playable by everyone

Cosmic105

Genshin Addict, Pokemon Lover <3
    Years
    • She/Them
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    Hey I downloaded this a few days ago and I wanna say that I really love the game so far!

But I've been encountering a kind of crash on all my runs that after a bit of testing I'm pretty sure is being caused by the enemy pokemon fainting to rocky helmet. Just thought I'd report that :]

Otherwise, great game!

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2023
    I just updated the game to 1.2 which adds new pokemon, abilities, and changes to some status effects.

I probably wont update it too much in the future unless there is a lot of interest, but I appreciate everyone who gave it a shot.

Back