• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Evoultion

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
    Years
    Pokemon The Evolution (the thread title is spelt wrong oppps)

Characters:

Hero: his default name is Charlie, im still deciding if i should allow the player to choose there name, type it in.

Rival: You have many rivals throughout the game but your first rival is Max, He isn't seen at the start in the lab scene but further on.

Professor Tom: He is a Pokemon Professor, who lives in your starting town, he has relatives who live on the over side of the Corrolok region (still working on the regions name hehe)

Ill add more characters later !

Story:

You play the hero (Charlie) in his journey as a pokemon trainer, you start off in your home, when your mum tells you that she thinks Professor tom has something for you, you decide to go to his lab and have a wrod with him. He tells you that your farther left you a pokemon, that he had some trouble taming, he thought maybe you can, The pokemon was a Pikachu. Professor Tom hands you the Pikachu, and then you start off on your quest, Tom asks you to run a quick errand for him, he wants you to travel to Resetory and get the information from the lab there, they wanted tom to go but he is far to busy.
    You travel to Resetory and goto the lab there, to your suprise the lab is empty and looks alittle bit of a mess, as you leave, your stopped by Professor Chuck, he tells you a story of how team rocket attacked the lab and took all the data and information Professor tom wanted. Chuck doesn't know exactly where they are, but he gives you something else to take to tom, its a small notepad with some data on it, chuck tells you it has some of the data but none of the important stuff maybe tom could help.

Ill add more later, but i've tried to hide spoilers and make it abit more enjoyable when you play it hehe.

Features:
    CBS (well its custom, just not normal hehe)
    CMS
    1/2 regions to roam around
    10/18 Gyms
    Day/night system possibly

Credits:
    Charsets:
    DarkDoom3000 (i used charactersets from his game , ill be more accurate on exactly whos they are later on)
    [Dark_Dragon] (a character set made by him, did i spell your name right :P)
    Smarties-kun (making pokemon overworld's for me, being a great help !)
    More to add later on

Team:
    Spriter(and other various help) = Smarties-kun

Screenshots:

Starting town

Professor Toms Lab

Route 1

Cbs 1 (this is how the cbs is set out, it looks kinda simaliar to Darkgotens but ive been meaning to do a cbs like this for some time now, sorry if it looks like im robbing your ideas hehe)

Cbs 2

Cbs 3

Cbs 4

Cbs 5

The Cbs is very different to normal pokemon games to start with, you don't have listed attacks you have like a sub heading, ATTACK, SPECIAL and DEFENSIVE, under these are your attacks for example a Lv 5 Pikachus ATTACK is Tackle, its SPECIAL is Thundershock and its DEFENSIVE is Tailwhip as it lvls it will get new attacks, it will tell you what slot they go under and it deletes over the attack already there, unless you cancel it !

Well thats all i really wanted to say, comments and Constructive criticsm welcome, Oh and Sorry for any spelling/grammer mistakes i may have made above.

Last edited:

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
    Years
    Thanks for the Comment, By the CBS Graphics do you mean the pictures there, or the pictures in the game, mainly the menu? to choose attack etc? Yeah i agree there abit poor but im so useless at spriting hehe so they'll stay like that for awhile sorry.

Im currently working on the pokeball, switch and run options in a battle, more updates when im finished with them so in alittle while

DININI

Haruhi#s #1 fun! Join the SOS!
    Years
    Your Game Looks interesting...I like the CBS. I didn't like the first town, it's like every first town :( :P

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    finally someone has made the pokemon fights look good instead of the normal fight sequense i am glad at the way you have done it keep it up.

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
    Years
    Thanks for the comments guys, You know they help with my progress :D
    Right i haven't done much recently, for various reasons hehe, got exams in 3 weeks, all sorts of things hehe, but i've done the first part of the pokeball system, haven't made the proper catching system yet, but its quite easy...

Well heres a new screenie its of the pokeball menu, i want to keep it like that and the bag will be alot better, but in battles items such as potions etc. are forbiden, New pokemon league rules hehe sorry if people don't like that :P

Right well im working on the catching system and then switching and the run well easy enough, then just gaining exp and lvling hehe, then the CBS is basically done, without all stats etc. and i havent done the hp, pp, lv, exp etc. to 99 or over in some cases.

well comments and critisicm welcome !

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    cool battle system but why arn't you goin to let us use items there is just no point

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
    Years
    Right ill explain why items are not allowed in battle, The pokemon league decided that the use of items in a pokemon battle made an unfair advantage to the user, if this was taken out the battles would be fairer, items are allowed to be used before a battle, it asks you if you wish to use any items before the battle starts, for example i could use a X attack before battle and my attack would rise, but the oppent may use another item to counter, to be fair it would add more difficulty to the game if i took item use out of battles, oh and on a side note in the series did you see trainers using items on there pokemon during battle, i saw items mainly used after, for example potions, but i could be wrong, sorry spike but i think i may keep it like that.

tiger : I'm afraid not no, mainly because this region is based a little bit before johto, you find out why its called Pokemon Evolution soon enough when i add to the story, that also means only first gen pokemon are in the game, apart from some 2nd gen which will be explained more later

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
    Years
    hey - nice CBS, it looks like it will work well, and be fun to play,
    do you need any beta testers?

Years
    serpenter said:
    hey - nice CBS, it looks like it will work well, and be fun to play,
    do you need any beta testers?
    Perhaps you should read the thread I created in General Discussion titled [MUST READ] An important notice? I have clearly stated NOT to ask about beta testing unless the creator has specifically said he/she needs any, which is not the case here.

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
    Years
    Thanks for all the comments guys, hehe more screenies below !

serpenter: Sorry i don't need any Beta testers at tyhe moment, but when i do i will tell you all :P

Now on a side not progress has been slow, haven't done much on the game for the last two days, but thats how im planning on working on it, take my time space things out, right below is two new screens !

Screenies:

Throwing a pokeball

The pokemon dodging it hehe, only does that when you haven't weakened it enough.

P.s Credits added to the first post and i was wondering ive always had this problem, rpgmaker 2003 font is useless, ive used a font patch and its done nothing ... if anyone can help me out it'd be appreciated.

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
    Years
    OK i didn't say you had to like it... but can i ask why you don't like it? The screens ive shown don't give full justice to what the battle system is actually like, to show you exactly id need a trialer of it, maybe ill make one once it's finished, but fair enough you don't like it, but next time can you explain why? Is it because its not traditional? if so i think that making a fan game you have to addd your own little touch, changing the battle system does that for me.

zidanes

Greatest Of All Time
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2007
    I like this game so far. Basically I probably like most games that people make with alot of custom stuff. Good work though, but what maker is this being made on?

Back