• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Orange Islands

Legaia

Ultimate Sphere User
    Years
    Game Name:
    -Pokemon: The Orange Islands :P
    Made with:
    -Sphere V1.13 [ECMAscript]
    Intro:
    -Well, I've now been creating this game for about a month and it seems to be coming along quite well. I have been using sphere for over 2 years now so I am beginning to grasp everything pretty well. There's not too much to say, I wanted to make a pokemon game and so I started a project. Hope you enjoy the eye candy.
    Story:
    -You and your cousin, Prof. Pine's son, are going to be asked to fill in your pokedex like any other pokemon game. However, you will quickly realize that there is more happening in the Tienne Region then you have heard about. Team Virus has been infecting trainers with a disease which makes it very easy for them to steal the infected trainer's pokemon. However, this is not all that is happening, Team Virus has been mining all of the gold nugget in the area which means they must be trying to gain money to pay for something special..I wonder what it is?

Apart from the normal story, there are also going to be plenty of side quests. Here are a couple so far:

There are 8 secret fishing ponds all over Tienne which you must find. In each pond is a unique pokemon. Catch all 8 unique pokemon to win a prize.

I am also making some fun out of the poke tip signs. If you manage to find all of them(It will be difficult) you will get an awesome prize! (2 actually :D)

Features:
    Laptop --> No more needing to visit pokecenters to change pokemon.
    --> Email instead of using the phone.
    --> View upcoming events.
    Pokemon Battle system should be an exact replica of the FireRed/LeafGreen games.
    Fishing
    Bug-catching contest
    Fishing tournament
    Pokemon League set up like the Anime show(Tournament style)

Screenshots:

The world map of the Tienne Region.

The save system.

Trainer Card

The items menu.

Your home town of Cherrybrook.

The main menu.

Well I hope you have enjoyed what was shown so far, look for more updates tomorrow or Sunday. Have fun.

~Legaia

Legaia

Ultimate Sphere User
    Years
    Updates are coming quick and often, here's another, I got a third of the pokemon stats all filled in. Here's a few pics of my pokemon selection menu.

There ya go, more updates to come :D

(I don't think this is considered double posting since I'm updating, but if it is just let me know :) )

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    hmm the game looks really nice , i love your fishing spot idea and a fishing contest looks really nice

Shadez

-
    Years
    it looks really good just two things

1: the badge could look better(not that i can do much better but still)
    2: in the cherrybrook screenshot it looks a bit odd with the route thingy(sorry didn't know how to put it)

except of these two things i think this can be a awesome game do your best

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    Wow o.o Looks extremely good, look forward to seeing more screenshots ^^ Two Questions:

-Why is the game called Pokemon Orange Islands when it isnt the Orange islands? xD

-Have you already scripted the Battle System?

Legaia

Ultimate Sphere User
    Years
    Thanks for the comments everyone.
    @Manapy-> If you look at the world map you can see 4 islands. Those are the orange islands. Only in this game you get there from Tienne instead of Kanto.

Waudby

Lookign good Legaia. Been interested in this since i saw it a spheredev :)

just a question, how are you scripting the pokemon objects, are you inputting all the data yourself?

Legaia

Ultimate Sphere User
    Years
    Yea, I am inputting all the data myself..It's not as bad as I thought it'd be, but then again I'm only doing the first 150.

Waudby

Yea, I am inputting all the data myself..It's not as bad as I thought it'd be, but then again I'm only doing the first 150.

I have found an easier way to do if.

If you find a website with the lists of pokemon names and base stats etc.

Export it into an excel table, and do a bit of editing so that the table looks like

FillBaseStats('DATA IN HERE')

all the way down the page.

If you want more of an idea, check out the pokemon scripts from Pumbaa's game on the spheredev forums.

It's a really simple and easy method to use.

Legaia

Ultimate Sphere User
    Years
    bah, to late now. Here's where I'm sitting at with the game so far folks:

POKEMON: The Orange Islands
    System- Approx % Complete
    Item System- 95%
    Talking System- 100%
    Battle System- 15%
    Maps- 5%
    Pokemon Coding- 33%
    Misc Coding- 15%
    Overall- 20%

Demo is currently 60% complete.

Legaia

Ultimate Sphere User
    Years
    Umm, I'm not fully sure yet...If I get all of my systems working I might not even release a demo, I might just finish mapping and release a beta version of the game or something.

Years
    this game rocks.I'll look forward to seeing a demo.Dont give it up its too good

By the way I gotta ask you a question a little offtopic

Is sphere like rm2k3 with a simple click interface(then I might use it...) or do you require programming skills

Revolution

Da Bestest Pokemon Master
    Years
    Wow this is a great game. Not many people can make games in sphere, i'm making one right now. But im not releasing anything but yours is a lot better.

Waudby

Wow this is a great game. Not many people can make games in sphere, i'm making one right now. But im not releasing anything but yours is a lot better.

Everyone has that opinion of sphere. I personally think it's because that either try something thats way too big for them, or they don't like doing everything themselves.

Anyway Legaia, anymore screens or updates for us?

Legaia

Ultimate Sphere User
    Years
    I am planning on posting a few more updates today actually. I pretty much have my pokemon menu all done. The items system is 100% complete. Progress is going better now, I took a break over the past week or so which is why nothing was posted, but I'm back at it now. Hard at work :D Expect some screenies around 1PM EST today.

Back