• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon; The Wars of Nova

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
    Pokemon; The Wars of Nova Author's Note

I know you're all dying a little inside. Another wasteful comic by AoT. Except this time, I'm determined to prove myself wrong and continue to make these. So, I'm going to get to at least Comic 30, and then start dying out maybe. Oh well, I'll try.

P;WoN Introduction

Amidst the strange Pokemon world lies an island, but it's not in the sea.. No, the island of Nova lies amid the clouds, hidden from the corrupt sight of the warring humans below. Known by its inhabitants, Pokemon (Of course), as the Final Safeguard, the island is a haven for many different kinds of Pokemon. But with all 'pure' lands, a zealous tyranny has come about, wanting to 'purify' the island of all 'nonbelievers' about the glory of the Pokemon. So, as usual, a powerful stereotypical resistance has risen up to combat the Imperials, as they are called. But as of late, the Resistance cannot sleep, night or day, without worrying of attacks from the Imperials.

P;WoN Characters

Gardevoir, Leader of the Resistance.
    Caring but cold and ruthless, she's determined to stop the Imperial, at all costs, even blowing up the island has started to occur to her as a better idea than useless skirmishes. She often visits the border camps to check on the raids, although she often avoids skirmishes.

Slowking, Imperial High Tyrant
    Absolutely ruthless, although he doesn't underestimate his opponents, he often looks down on them as lesser beings. It's foolish to think him easily tricked, because mad as he is, he still has his intelligence.

Latios, Resistance General
    Pained by the wars, and determined to stop them, he will switch sides just to stop the fighting, as long as he gets revenge on Kabo, who kidnapped Latias a while back, and still hasn't given her back.

Kabo, Imperial General
    Stupid but ruthless, Kabo often simply charges into battle. And wins. His deadly sword-like appendages often halt enemy charges, and he has been known to defend his camp alone and succeed, often without survivors.

Kecko and Tai, Grunts (Best Friends)
    The best of friends, they often guard each others backs in hectic situations. While they don't use moves that are more powerful, but leave themselves open, they are still very strong.

Invise, Grunt Commander
    One of the few of the only warm hearted creature in the upper hierarchy of the Resistance, he cares heavily for his troops. Currently stationed at an island in the Cove that was later attacked. His fate is unknown, although many suppose he is dead, and are happy about it. Many criticize him behind his back for abandoning most of his fellow ghost types who went to the Imperial side. Some also don't trust him.

P;WoN

Season [1][Retreat]

[1][Daylight Raid]https://usera.imagecave.com/amydamuffinlady/novaprolog.png
    [The Resistance is hoping for a lull in the attacks on the forward camps, but Imperial general Kabo has brought a prime force to raid the camp of Gardevoir. Meanwhile, Slowking, the Imperial leader, laughs about his evil plans.]
    [2][The Approaching Storm]https://usera.imagecave.com/amydamuffinlady/novacmc1.png
    [The last Imperial stragglers are fought off, leaving the Resistance Camp at peace, for now. However, the remaining soldiers are worried about a massive storm doomed to smash into the Nova islands. meanwhile, at one of Nova's peaceful coves, the sky darkens, and the wind begins to pick up..]
    [3][Storm Winds]https://usera.imagecave.com/amydamuffinlady/novacmc2.png
    [On the Cove, massive winds pick up, but with the arrival of Imperial forces quickly die down. As Resistance reinforcements arrive via portal, the battle for the island ensues. Meanwhile, on the Resistance floating base camp, a group of messengers bring to light the Imperials plans to overrun the base camp while they're distracted.]

Comments;

For now, the text will be hard to read, I'm trying to see if I can fix it, but for now, get glasses. As for the random White/Black splatters during the random character introductions, those indicate the alignment of the character.

Anytime you see

[Name]
    [Alignment]
    [Position]

that means a new main/minor character is being introduced. Those are not part of the actual comic.

Joining (Closed for now)

All you need is:

[Name]
    [Species]
    [Alignment]
    [Sprites (MD ONLY!)]

Failure to post after giving a character will result in a characters untimely death. The longer you don't post for, the less of a bang it has. He'll just be cut off from the comic.

Last edited:

[NovaPirate]

Years
    Yes. And I'm only a critic because I make my own. In my secret hideout. But since I only have PS now (No paint for you, Mr. Macintosh!) it's going to be effect-heavy.

The first few comics are meant to be rather confusing. They'll be explained later as the comic moves on.

Charchic

The 3rd Member of the Elite 4
    Years
    Wow this comic is really good, I am gonna keep reading this. I like the way you have made it, some people make mystery dungeon comics with just the face sprites and text next to them. Keep it up. Good effects to.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Great comic. Never really seen MD sprites used in actual MD maps or friend areas, and it came out well.
    [Name] Fortwig
    [Species] Turtwig
    [Alignment] Imperial
    [Sprites]

(and yes, I did rip them)

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    this comic is very good, its not like a funny comic which we see a lot of, i think ill be reading this...well of course i will cause im submitting a character

[Name] Blitz
    [Species] shadow lucario
    [Alignment] resistance
    [Sprites]
    hehe i recolor good

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    ...does that mean no blitz, cause if it does thats okay, i will still love your ocmic, and wat do you make your comics in anyway?

[NovaPirate]

Years
    Photoshop. Only out of necessity though. For now, Paint is gone to me.
    However, with luck Paint will be online tomorrow. My friend gave me a spare monitor for my PC, and my dad and I are going to go buy some wires, keyboards, etc. for it.

And when I said I'm killing off new characters, I mean that no one else can join. For the moment. New comic tomorrow morning x]

Back