• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Timeline

Soldek

"Try Me"
Years
  • Hey all,

I know that the direct correlation from the Kanto games to the Johto games is 3 years. But where do the rest of the games come in? Other than the 3 years between the Johto and Kanto adventures, there really is no solid timeline, so, since I'm bored, I'll come up with one and we can take it from there. :)

So I think the order of events is:

R/B/Y/FR/LG -> G/S/C/HG/SS -> R/S -> E -> D/P -> Pt -> B/W

I put Emerald and Platinum in their own sections of the timeline because different events occur in each.

So let me know what you guys think. Go ahead and modify as you guys see fit. (note: this isn't a timeline by release date >_>)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • To my knowledge, RBY/FGLG and RSE happens at the same time, likewise with GSC/HGSS and DPPt. Don't know where BW will fit in, and this is also disregarding spin offs. However, since those don't seem to fit in, I'll leave this open as it's liable for discussion.

Bulbapedia
    Use the Q and A thread, and also
    KANTO&HOENN&ORRE same time
    JOHTO and SINNOH three later
    ORRE five later

You are really going to have to quit mini-modding. Seriously. You already reported the thread, so there is absolutely no need for you to post that. Besides, I didn't plan on closing this in the first place.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • Actually, it was also a reply to the thread, it goes the same as we have said, and I just copied the stuff from bulbapedia XD, so ya I didn't have to include the spin offs, and ur right, damn I need to stop! I'm just so used to it from a different forum I modded, till they found out my age...

Years
  • RSE is assumed to take place the same time or before FRLG, since we don't really have any solid evidence, but the braille text from the Dotted Hole supports this.

FRLG's Dotted Hole said:
    Let the two glittering stones, one in red, one in blue, connect the past. Two friends sharing power open a window to a new world that glows. The next world waits for you.

HGSS takes place three years after FRLG, with DPPt taking place a short time after HGSS (I'm talking about days to months, they could have even overlapped a little).

Isshu is currently unknown, but it looks like it will take place later than DPPt if you ask me.

Soldek

"Try Me"
    Years
  • Bulbapedia
    ORRE five later
    Wait a second. You said Kanto, Hoenn, and Orre are all happening at the same time. Then later you said Orre was happening eight years after Kanto, Hoenn, and Orre. I'm confused.

To my knowledge, RBY/FGLG and RSE happens at the same time, likewise with GSC/HGSS and DPPt. Don't know where BW will fit in, and this is also disregarding spin offs. However, since those don't seem to fit in, I'll leave this open as it's liable for discussion.
    That makes sense, yeah.

...till they found out my age...
    That can't be good.

Isshu is currently unknown, but it looks like it will take place later than DPPt if you ask me.
    Who knows? It could take place years before everything.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Also wanna point out that Gale of Darkness is 5 years after Colosseum, so if anyone wants to try to piece those in, go on ahead. However the advanced technology in those games makes me think it'd take place far ahead of the main series of games.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • Wait a second. You said Kanto, Hoenn, and Orre are all happening at the same time. Then later you said Orre was happening eight years after Kanto, Hoenn, and Orre. I'm confused.

That makes sense, yeah.

That can't be good.

Who knows? It could take place years before everything.

No, I set orre happening during rserbyfrlg, and five years later cuz colosseum is before,and xd is five years later
    And yes, it sucked being removed from modding...

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years

• HGSS takes place three years after FRLG, with DPPt taking place a short time after HGSS (I'm talking about days to months, they could have even overlapped a little).

I do think there's a man somewhere in Sinnoh that first says something unrelated, and not much later in the game, he says they found a red Gyarados. It's near Lake Valor, I think.

Soldek

"Try Me"
    Years
  • ...Use the Q and A thread, and also...

Why would I use the Q and A thread for something like this? I'm turning towards the community to help seek out and develop a nice little timeline linking all the games together. How would it be a Q and A topic?

I do think there's a man somewhere in Sinnoh that first says something unrelated, and not much later in the game, he says they found a red Gyarados. It's near Lake Valor, I think.

Do you think he hails from Johto?

Years
  • It has to be the one from the Lake of Rage. It just doesn't make sense to me why they would randomly throw in irrelevant report of a different Red Gyarados. Wouldn't it make more sense to use a shiny Sinnoh Pokemon? It was obviously a reference to Johto. And about the Gyardos being near Lake Valor, I'm going to need a little proof.

D. Lawride

Years
  • Why would I use the Q and A thread for something like this? I'm turning towards the community to help seek out and develop a nice little timeline linking all the games together. How would it be a Q and A topic?

Do you think he hails from Johto?

Probably, he wouldn't be the only one from there in Sinnoh, would he now? xD

It has to be the one from the Lake of Rage. It just doesn't make sense to me why they would randomly throw in irrelevant report of a different Red Gyarados. Wouldn't it make more sense to use a shiny Sinnoh Pokemon? It was obviously a reference to Johto. And about the Gyardos being near Lake Valor, I'm going to need a little proof.

I think you mean the person near Lake Valor, 'cause the Gyarados won't be found anywhere there (can you even fish Gyarados there, by the way? ._.).

In any case, it's most likely a reference to Johto, like you mentioned.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Bulbapedia
    ORRE five later

Wow. Its not really a question its more of a discussion. So your an idiot.

Anyway, you put the timeline basically in order of the time the games came out. Kanto and hoenn are at the same time (to what i know)

D. Lawride

Years
  • Wait, what person are you talking about? I don't remember anyone near Lake Valor talking about Gyarados.

That's why I mentioned that I thought it was a guy in Lake Valor. I know there's a fisherman in the game that mentions they found a red Gyarados in a lake, I'm just not sure where the guy was.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    That's why I mentioned that I thought it was a guy in Lake Valor. I know there's a fisherman in the game that mentions they found a red Gyarados in a lake, I'm just not sure where the guy was.
    Actually, it's not a fisherman who says it, I recall he was a guy who said he was the cameraman for the Red Gyarados report. He was in the Survival Area (or whichever one of those was furthest north). I think you thought it was Lake Valor because the report was the one that caused Barry and the player to go to Lake Verity.

Also, just a little specification about HeartGold/SoulSilver in relation to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum- the Sinnoh journey starts near or after the end of the Johto adventure, since in Celadon you can find Jasmine talking to Erika about going abroad to participate in contests, so at the very least that part's before she gets to Sinnoh.

Back