• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Trading Card Game

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
    • Age 31
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    Does anyone else still play this one from time to time?
    I loved this one as much as the main games, if not more. I personally thought it was one of the most underrated games for the GameBoy Color.
    Which starter set did you guys use? Charizard, for me.

Last edited:

Bart Crab

Time and some freedom...
    Years
  • well, i used to love this game.
    i just couldn't beat the 'elite four' (well it wasn't called elite four thoughL:))

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    I used to play that game! I still have strategy guide too! Too bad there's no more TCG games... Well at least I still play actual TCG with my Pokemon cards!

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    id play this b4 the real TCG they got all those lame pokemon X, and lv X and who knows wat else >.<

i would like it if they brought out another PTCG game, then i might get into it again lol

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    I loved that game. I really wish Nintendo would make a sequel on the DS, it'd be sweet.

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
  • That game was wonderful. A DS remake would be rather interesting, but as the Pokemon TCG has died down in the recent years, it's probably not going to happen.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I wonder if the DS could even handle a TCG game now? There are just so many cards. D: Besides, collecting all of them would be such a hassle. XD; You can do it in a few days on the original.

But yeah, I loved this game! I've completed it (every single card including the exclusives n_n) twice and it's so much fun. :] I do wish there could be an update because it does get pretty repetitive. It'd be nice to play it again with more than just 1st gen Pokémon~

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2010
    My friends and I still play TCG from time to time~ heh ^^

Sometimes we also play WOW TCG =x

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Yukima

Mad Scientist
    Years
  • I play the game from time to time, until I get bored of it. Then I switch to playing the Japanese TCG 2 to give myself a challenge... and a well-meaning headache from all the text! :P

Years
  • The english translation of TCG 2 is coming :). The guy thats doing it will probably take several more months and I can't post a link, but its 70% done. The TCG series rocks, it deserves more appreciation.

Years
  • I wonder if the DS could even handle a TCG game now? There are just so many cards. D: Besides, collecting all of them would be such a hassle. XD; You can do it in a few days on the original.

But yeah, I loved this game! I've completed it (every single card including the exclusives n_n) twice and it's so much fun. :] I do wish there could be an update because it does get pretty repetitive. It'd be nice to play it again with more than just 1st gen Pokémon~

The DS could easily handle all the cards. Though, I doubt they'll make one because it would take money away from the TCG because most who would buy the game upon its release already play the TCG.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    I recently dowloaded it again.
    I took the Grass starter set, but i don't think it matters much. I still get random types anyway.

I kinda like the game but i always rage out when i lose to some guy..hehe.. ^^"

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
    Years
  • This was my second Pokemon game ever. And I was fairly decent at it then. But then I lost it =[ however, about a year ago I bought a used copy and played it. I'm better at it now but not super fantastically amazing. I wish they would make one for the DS. That would be awesome.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    i tried playing it, but it just brought to my attention that i was really bad at it lol.

I'll stick to traditional pokemon games.

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
    Years
  • This was one of my favourite games, and even know I still play it sometimes. I went with the Bulbasaur and Friends set.

Back