• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Trading Card The GameBoy

Sector

Banned
Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I haven't checked the Trading Card Games section yet, but I'm pretty sure this is suppose to be here. NOT the real life Card games, was I really the only person to play the Gameboy Pokemon Trading Card game? Really that game was the reason why I started collecting cards and I played it way more than the Blue/Red/Yellow/Crystal/Gold/Silver game.

What was your deck like? I had a deck filled with Fire and Lightning. I don't remember much about the Lightning Deck, but I had Fire with Charizard and he is a sweeper no one wants to face lol. He was a complete beast! I had Magmar with its Smokescreen annoy-ness, Lickitung, Kangaskhan, and the evolution for Rapidash and its Agility. That's what I can remember lol

Years
  • I actually own three cartridges of this game (of course the TCG mod would have 3 copies). I don't remeber what my strategy was when I was younger, but lately I've found that splashing 4 Scyther into almost every deck I run takes care of everyone, and electric type decks tend to be most effective.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Bought this game at a used game shop and absolutely loved it. Had it stuck in my SP for quite awhile :p

Really wish there would be a 3DS sequel.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Bought this game at a used game shop and absolutely loved it. Had it stuck in my SP for quite awhile :p

Really wish there would be a 3DS sequel.
    You know what, if Yugioh can make games with all those Cards to this date, so can Pokemon! They should definitely make a more current generation Pokemon Trading Card Game!

I actually own three cartridges of this game (of course the TCG mod would have 3 copies). I don't remeber what my strategy was when I was younger, but lately I've found that splashing 4 Scyther into almost every deck I run takes care of everyone, and electric type decks tend to be most effective.
    Oh yeah, Scyther. He had a mind of his own when it came to his cards lol Forgot all about him!

Last edited:
    Years
  • You know what, if Yugioh can make games with all those Cards to this date, so can Pokemon! They should definitely make a more current generation Pokemon Trading Card Game!

Oh yeah, Scyther. He had a mind of his own when it came to his cards lol Forgot all about him!

They actually did make a current Generation one, it's just that it's online (www.pokemontcg.com) and requires codes from the card booster packs to get cards in it. The reason they haven't put a DS or Game Boy TCG game out since the first two is that it would hurt their TCG sales, as most people who would play such a game already collect the TCG. Yu-Gi-Oh games are different in that regard because that franchise centers around the YGO cards and the tools used to sell them, while Pokemon is centralized around the Pokemon games, not the TCG.

And Scyther doesn't so much have a mind of its own more so than dropping 4 Double Colorless Energy and 4 Scyther in a deck (because Scyther only needs 3 colorless energy to attack, so you can have one ready by turn 2) just really helps cover any potential weaknesses of your deck by giving you a Pokemon that can hit for a lot pretty fast.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    They actually did make a current Generation one, it's just that it's online (www.pokemontcg.com) and requires codes from the card booster packs to get cards in it. The reason they haven't put a DS or Game Boy TCG game out since the first two is that it would hurt their TCG sales, as most people who would play such a game already collect the TCG. Yu-Gi-Oh games are different in that regard because that franchise centers around the YGO cards and the tools used to sell them, while Pokemon is centralized around the Pokemon games, not the TCG.

And Scyther doesn't so much have a mind of its own more so than dropping 4 Double Colorless Energy and 4 Scyther in a deck (because Scyther only needs 3 colorless energy to attack, so you can have one ready by turn 2) just really helps cover any potential weaknesses of your deck by giving you a Pokemon that can hit for a lot pretty fast.
    Ahh Understandable. I've played the PokemonTCG Online, forgot all about it since I haven't played it in 3 months lol. I prefer the Gameboy/DS anyway. :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    You definitely weren't the only one to own it! I love this game! I really wish they'd bring out another :( although it's kind of obsolete now, since you can play the TCG online.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I've owned one of these games and I can safely say that I did not like this game at all. I really couldn't get into it no matter how much I try. If they were to make one for the 3DS, I wouldn't buy it and it will be the first Pokemon game that I will not buy.

:t354:TG

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I've owned one of these games and I can safely say that I did not like this game at all. I really couldn't get into it no matter how much I try. If they were to make one for the 3DS, I wouldn't buy it and it will be the first Pokemon game that I will not buy.

:t354:TG
    It is a spin-off after all. Half of the time it won't be liked, which is understandable. At least you gave it a try, right?

It won't most likely come out with another, due to the Online version of it on Pokemon.com.

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
    Years
  • I love the TCG GBC game. I remember not knowing a bloomy thing about how to play the card game until I won that video game in a movie screening contest. My deck was mostly fire cards and I always abused the Pokemon Power that Moltres had to seek energy cards. Kinda feel like digging that game out again.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I owned a copy but I didn't enjoy it very much since I'm so bad at the game and I would just lose to every opponent. Of course that was when I was like 7, so if I went back and tried to play it now I'd probably be a lot better at it.

Back