• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ultimate Trainers Academy [K+]

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
    Years
    Pokemon Ultimate Trainers Academy
    This is the Sign Up & Roleplaying Thread of The Pokemon Ultimate Trainers Academy RP.
    This is where the players involved plot, sign up, discuss and delve into the world of
    the storyline. Here is where you also post your comment, questions and suggestions,
    so feel free to do so. The more input, the better.
    XD

The Storyline

Spoiler:

Rules

• Forum rules of apply in this RPG. Please read and follow the TOS (Terms of Service)
    • No bunnying. This should be expected not to do. It includes murder of a character without being given permission.
    • No god-modding. Being a God Modder is a sign of being an ass and makes it to where other player's do not want to RP with you. Do not do this. It kills the fun of roleplaying. Let's keep things realistic.
    • Swearing is allowed in this RP but please let's keep it to a minimum. It gets mundane to see someone swearing in every sentence in their post.
    • Be active. This should go without saying but I would like to accept dedicated members who won't wither away in Day three of this role-play.
    • No legendaries please. This should go without saying.
    • Romance is allowed, of course but let's keep it completely Disney please. XD
    • Post literate replies, please. No one-liners, text talk, slang, none of it. I would like to see quality in each posts because it helps progress with the role-play. It makes the RP more enjoyable and helps with muses for other people.
    • I reserve the right to reject players.
    • Reservations last for three days and then you're out.

You

Spoiler:

Crown City & Academy

Spoiler:

Code:
    Name: Your character full name.
    Type: Student/Trainer Teacher/Professor/Civilian 
    Hometown: Where are you from? 

Appearance: What your character looks like. Minimum of one paragraph describing character features. 
    Personality: What kind of personality traits does your character have?  How do they behave? Do they have any anger issues? Are they very  optimistic? A minimum of two paragraphs.
    History: Where did they grow up? How was it? Any defining moments in their past? A minimum of three paragraphs.

Pokémon (Up to 3 Maximum):
    Species:
    Nickname(Optional):
    Personality:
    Level: (Maximum 16lv for each Pokemon. Only for Student Pokemon.)
    Moveset(A maximum of 6 movesets allowed and make sure to keep it realistic. )

Accepted Members

Spoiler:

Reserved Members

Spoiler:

Rejected Members

Spoiler:

MY APPLICATION

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ducklighter

Years
    Warren Ainsworth,
    Teacher Trainer
    Forest Footpath/PUT Academy

It was a cold and dreary day on route one and god only knew why Warren decided to brave the weather and travel through it but he did. While Warren enjoyed the silence most of the time, he found that he did not prefer the solitude of walking alone. Odd, considering not long ago he would have detested the idea of being stuck with a companion with the capability of forming words, for the inevitable result was conversation. He did not really understand communication between people and much rather avoided it everywhere he went. He was a very closed off young man who came across as rather cold and unlikeable but he seemed to be working on that aspect of his personality but that was easier said than done. Although, if anyone knew about his past, his behaviour and the way he came across to people would be understandable. It's fair to say that Warren hasn't had the most conventional upbringing but he didn't waste time moaning about, he just moved on.

He walked along the route quite fast, hoping to avoid getting completely soaked by the weather relentless rain. As he tried to dodge the rain, he seemed rather quick on his feet, hoping to find some sort of shelter for the evening but he'd have a lot better luck on another day since obviously the weather wasn't too pleasant for him to go traipsing on his whereabouts. Warren stopped for a moment, noticing that the rain was finally letting up from it's rapid attacks. He sighed 'thank god.' he thought to himself before continuing to walk, with an annoyed look. A feeling of discontent was wavering about the area, he didn't feel comfortable but oh well, when did the boy ever feel comfortable.

As he continued to walk, he finally made it to the Pokemon Ultimate Trainers Academy, he paused, staring at it before working up the nerve to walk towards it. Warren was a keen observer and he didn't do much with conversations, and tended to steer clear from them, especially with strangers but thankfully, he knows somewhat of a good group at the academy so he wasn't alone with his thoughts. As he opened the doors to the school, a rushed and rapid atmosphere came his way, and it was created by the many students bustling around the halls. He just looked around and observed his surroundings before walking down the hall, hoping he'd not get noticed.

Last edited:

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
    Tobias Conway
    PUT Academy
    Corridor/Classroom

Tobias blew the wet hair out of his eyes as he carried his stack of books through the crowded hallways of the Trainer Academy. The smudged writing on the palm of his hand told him that he was to set up camp in Room 207, wherever that happened to be. So far he had passed Room 176 no less than four times, and still he was no closer to finding his classroom than he was to discovering the whereabouts of the legendary dogs of Johto. When he had arrived the hallways were a lot quieter, and now that they were packed with excited and bustling students he had practically no chance of finding his way. Spotting a map of the grounds mounted on the wall a few feet away, Tobias weaved his way through the young trainers until he was close enough to examine where exactly he was and where he was supposed to go.

So, if I'm here... Tobias hadn't managed to finish muttering his planned route when a student slammed into his back, sending both the young teacher and the stack of books tumbling to the floor.
    "Watch where you're going, a**hole!" The student yelled, rushing down the corridor.
    Serves me right for stopping in the hallway, Tobias thought bitterly as his face burned with embarrassment. Collecting the books in his arms, he set off in the direction the map had depicted for him until eventually he was faced with a door bearing the plaque "Room 207 - Mr Conway."

Sighing with relief, Tobias entered the room, tipping his books onto the desk by the blackboard. He sat cautiously on the edge of the desk as his Charmeleon released itself from the ball in which it was contained.
    Tobias smiled nervously at Alph, who reciprocated the expression. The two of them hated new places, new people and new experiences, so the first day of teaching was always going to be a toughie. The rain pounded on the windows of his new workroom, and Tobias took of his wet jacket. Alph edged closer to warm him up, and Tobias patted his head affectionately.
    "You ready for this, big guy?" He asked with a grin. Because I'm certainly not.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    Lira Lyeodmar
    PUT Academy
    Entrance/Corridor

Lira ducked and raced towards the building as rain drops splattered down on her head, back and shoulders. "Come on Splash!" She hitched her knapsack higher up her shoulders to shield the back of her head as she ran. Her Piplup dashed after her, albeit not as quickly, pausing occasionally to jump into large puddles, clearly not minding the rain at all. However, at his trainer's encouragement, he followed her obediently into the building, where he then shook himself, scattering droplets of water all over the doormat. Lira glanced around at all the people bustling about in the hallways, and then quickly scooped her pokemon into her arms. She didn't want to have him getting under anyone's feet when it was this busy.

Once he was safely bundled in her arms, she reached with one free hand back into her pocket and pulled out a tattered sheet of paper with half-smudged words scrawled all over it. As she walked, she kept her eyes down on the paper, focusing on discerning the words through the blotchy smears of ink caused by the rain. She Splash shifted in her arms as a few people brushed past them. Seems like a busy place, Lira thought, backing out of the main stream of people rushing about and stationing herself near a wall while she studied the notes she'd made earlier. Much to her frustration, just about all of the information she'd had written down was now illegible. "I guess we'll just have to wander around until we find someone that can help us," she sighed, crumpling the paper in her fist and giving Splash a light pat on his head. She began to walk through the halls once more, adopting a brisk stride as she looked for a teacher or office where she could ask for directions.

As she maneuvered her way through the crowded halls, she kept an eye out for a map, office or teacher, but as she was walking, she became preoccupied by a pokemon type chart hanging on the wall next to a classroom. "Piplup," Splash warned. Lira turned, and just as she did, she blundered right into someone. She jumped back and found herself staring into the face of a man with wavy brown hair and hazel eyes. (Warren) He was quite a bit older than her and taller than her; he was obviously a teacher. "Oh, s-sorry!" she stammered, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

She wanted to back away as quickly as she could, but she knew it would be even more impolite to just run off after crashing into him without a word. She hoped that he wouldn't be angry with her - he looked so stern.

LilCthulhu

Screw the Ruru! I've got money
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Baobab Marsh
    PUT Academy
    Corridor/Baobab's Office

Baobab walked down the corridor alongside his Jolteon, Speeder. The older students passing by him, politely saying "hello" to him as they did. The new students, however, seemed rather tense. Many were confused as to where to go, the location of their classroom, etc. "A lot of freshmen this year, right Speeder?" Baobab said to Jolteon, as the Pokemon replied nodding it's head and saying "Jol!". "I hope that at least some of them are worth teaching" he said to himself. It was natural for them to be tense and scared, but they're still new students. "They'll get over it" is what Baobab thought year after year, and newbie after newbie. He kept walking with his hands in his pocket until he finally reached his office. He took one of his hand out of his pocket, also taking his keys out while doing so.

Baobab opens the door. Inside the office, his drapion called Egypt was eating cookies and other sweets. In the moment he saw Baobab, Egypt gladly run towards him and hugged him with strength. The students, at least the freshmen, were amazed and a little bit scared after seeing such a large, arthropod creature giving a warm hug to his trainer. "Dra...pion... nice to... see you again" Baobab said with joy, but at the same time with difficulties to breathe. "Now... if you could... kindly put me down, Egypt..." Baobab said, and the enormous purple Drapion obeyed. "Good Girl" said Baobab, and he entered alongside Egypt and Speeder to his office. All the newbies were stunned after seeing such a bizarre encounter, but the older ones were already used to that Drapion's unusual personality.

Baobab took his lab coat. He put it on and stepped out of the office. He returned both Egypt and Speeder back to their Pokeballs, and he took one extra Pokeball with the label "Old-timer" wrote on it. He closed his office and walked to the Classroom. At the distance he was able to notice Lira and Warren's encounter, but he carelessly kept walking.

Oranje

Go Arsenal
    Years
    Nothing in the Way

Adeline Roux
    Crystal City, PUT Academy
    City Street, Apartment, Office, Corridor

It was Adeline's first time laying eyes on Sinnoh and more notably Crown City. It was a sight to beheld. The city from an outside view would seem as a current day portrait of a modern city. Skyscrapers reached with all their might to reach the heavens and it appeared they fell only a little bit short. Other large buildings were constructed purely out of glass. Stlyish. The newly appointed teacher continued her paceless walk into the suburbs. From the hillsides around you could not see the tradition part of the city. Older houses, constructed with old brick and stone, lined the streets. As Adeline came closer and closer to the river which ran through the city, she noticed the moss that engulfed the sides of homes. It wasn't usual, however, for cities to be two faced. The downtown of most sides seemed to be modernized but dirty. Just like in Slateport, Crown City was no different.

Her black boots ran to her knees and moved at an agonizingly slow speed. Her pokeballs remained fastened on her gold belt which held up her black pants or what could be called tights. A white v-neck t-shirt was covered by a very fashionable but pricey trench coat. Lined with leather, the coat's body was cream and made of cloth while the sleeves took deep black and were constructed with leather. The sleeves ran to just below her elbows. The outfit was accessorized by a black Dolce & Gabbana satchel which held all her trainer gear. Her eyes were protected by large, bubbly, and black sunglasses.

Her outfits always seemed to draw attention but today it seemed more apparent than ever. It was not a familiar sight to see a trainer dressed so much on a traveling day. Some people, mostly trainers, would giggle at her impracticality. However, to Adeline they were jokes who could not take themselves seriously enough to dress well.

"You going out on a date? In the middle of the day? Surely you're joking?" A boy cocky in stature, black hair, and a little bit older than Adeline uttered the words at a trot catching up to the female trainer.

Adeline adjusted her body and inspected the boy. He was dressed in ripped jeans and a blue t-shirt. "Do you work for an automobile shop? Those clothes are hideous." Adeline uttered her own comeback to the obvious sarcastic boy.

"No... I am a trainer. These are quite comfortable and I don't care about fashion. It doesn't effect me one bit." He laughed it off; he definitely thought highly of himself.

"Well then. Obviously you are unaware of the designer who probably designed a blue shirt similar to yours, just classier, which was in turn covered by a magazine and published. It was then taken and determined as a trend and lower designers copied the original blue shirt. It then trickles down to whatever off-brand store you shop at and ends up on your back. It really isn't that complicated. So pretty much whatever you decide to wear is chosen for you by friends of mine. Now good day." With a nod she began to walk away. The boy wasn't going to give up so easily.

A little stunned the boy uttered a desperate stop to keep Adeline around, "The name is Jet. Jet Highum. I am a trainer and by the balls on your belt you look like you are one too. Let's make a deal. We battle I win you go clubbing with me tonight; you win I buy you any dress you want."

Instinctively she reached down toward Fraxure's pokeball... but thought better. "Clever. A cocky boy comes and challenges me to display his 'impressive' power. It isn't exactly that original. Now, I must be on my way. Good day." Adeline left the shell-shocked man behind and continued to her destination. Fraxure felt the presence of Adeline's fingers and released itself. A little disappointed there was no battle he turned instead to inspect his trainer. She seemed to be fine. "Well, you seem to do whatever you want," Adeline looked down at her friend smiling. "'I should have let you defeat him. I could use a new dress." She laughed to herself. Fraxure didn't understand the context.

Fraxure did not help with the stares. They only increased. The sight of a trainer such as Adeline with a pokemon as rare and vicious as Fraxure was just odd. The wayward pair trotted down a large road for several minutes until they started to enter the heart of Crown City. The enormous building dwarfed what was in most cities. The only thing that would come close in Adeline's memory was Celadon's Department Store. The river ran thin through the main downtown and built on top were several bridges and walkways. It felt urban but natural. A new feel for Adeline.

Taking a few winding turns and back roads she strayed from the heart and away from the school. After minutes of walking up a steep road pavement morphed into brick. A large golden fence (not real gold) loomed in front of her. The guard in the small building came out and greeted her. "Hello, are you visiting someone?"

"No I am moving in," Adeline looked straight into his eyes. Fraxure was disinterested.

The guards eyes glance to the dragon then back up. "Okay, what's the name?" Again he was smiling. "Odd pair you two are."

"Adeline Roux. Everyone seems to think so. I guess I would agree."

"Yeah... I will need your middle name too... just for confirmation. Oh and I will also need your ID."

Adeline reached into he Dolce & Gabbana satchel and retrieved her trainer card. "Loreint. It is Loreint." She was forced to repeat due to the confused face she recieved.

"Ahhh yes. Okay let me go work some papers out in there and I will be right out." The guard returned back into his hut. Ten minutes must have passed before he reappeared. Smiling as always. "Here is your key. You have apartment suite 09." He handed her a gold colored key and a few spares. He then tossed her a few packets. "Here is some info about the housing area, city, and some forms that will need to be turned back in by the end of the month. My name is Paul and I am the guard most afternoon and night shifts. If you have any questions go ahead and call me. The number for the office should be in some of those papers. Enjoy your new home."

"Thank you." Adeline was off. The guard opened the electronic gate and she was let through. The brick street continued. It was blatant that these homes were expensive. There was no way on earth she would be able to afford it if her dad had not helped with the cost. Her apartment was on the first street on the corner. They didn't seem like apartments in the least. More like very large town homes. No one would be residing above or below the fashionista. Something she was quite looking forward to. Fraxure rushed up the small flight of stone stairs to the large navy blue doors.

After letting themselves in they quickly investigated the living space. Everything was brand new, untouched, and organized. "Mom and Dad already decorated and moved all my stuff in. Pretty cool, huh, Frax?" The pokemon nodded and made his way to the back screen door. Only a decent sized balcony lay guarded by it. "Sorry, bud, there is no yard. That way we don't have to mow. There is a gym for both of us. Pokemon and humans. Along with a pool, hot tub, and steam room. It says it here." She motioned to the pamphlet. She tossed them aside and went into the bedroom. It was large and equipped with a full sized bathroom. Unlike the living area the room was anything but organized. Clothes were spread across every nook and cranny. She would be organizing the closet. Luckily for her the room's storage room was larger than the bathroom. It might actually be able to fit everything. "Dad did his research."

Ignoring the complete entropy that was her bedroom, Adeline went back to the living area. It was unbelievably large for an 'apartment'. The room had two leather chairs and a matching couch around a TV. The hardwood floor continued into the kitchen which had stainless steel appliances. "Ninetales." She mumbled dropping her ball. She in turn released Milotic. "This is our new home. Do you like it?" Ninetales, full of resentment, didn't acknowledge her trainer. Instead it made its way to the brick fireplace yards from the TV and laid next to its flameless shell. Milotic did respond with a smile and a yell of approval.

The consistent sound of rain drops hitting the roof and street soon dominated the air. The sound was comforting to Adeline as she found a spot on the couch opposite of Ninetales. A thirty minute doze seemed like an eternity. Adeline urgently shook awake; she feared she was late. She was never untimely. It was unprofessional. Pulling herself out of the leather couch, Adeline returned her creatures to their homes and headed for the door. The half cloth/ half leather jacket seemed to be the right choice. It repelled the rain well as Adeline presented herself for a long walk. Adeline nodded as she went past Paul and exited the neighborhood labeled, "Royal Pointe".

The twenty minute journey back to the school was something of pure joy. There was something about walking in the rain. Even by yourself. It added a very romantic feel to any city. To Adeline it was a sin to order a cab to avoid such great weather. Her high black boots clattered on the cobblestone that lead up to her workplace. The school seemed to be the most alive part of the city. Students clamored around both outside, despite the rain, and in the inside. She entered the large, majestic doors and continued into the institution.

Students wandered the building aimlessly. Some with style, some without. All of them tracked in precipitation from the bottom of their shoes. Adeline couldn't help to sympathize with the freshman for she felt as if she belonged amongst them. Her bag thrown over her shoulder she began her descent into the jungle of humans. After a few claustrophobic moments she made it to the offices. Entering the door she was greeted by the receptionist.

"Hello, how many I help you?"

"Hey, yah. Umm I am a new teacher here. Not a professor but the lower one?" Adeline wasn't exactly sure what to say.

"Teacher trainer. Yes. What is your name we actually have several new ones."

"Ah yes. Adeline Lorient Roux," she always loved to say her full name. It made her feel more sophisticated and she loved the way it sounded.

"Yes. Okay. Sign in here. Also, these are some papers you need to read and sign. Cynthia was quite excited to meet you. She couldn't be in the offices today but she said she would like to sit down and talk with you later just because you two have never actually met."

"Right. As am I. I actually feel a little bit overwhelmed. I feel like I didn't do very much to get this high profile job," Adeline tried to joke but was being completely serious.

"Well the interviewers loved the way you present yourself and you seemed qualified. I recognized your name when I heard it." Adeline wasn't completely surprised. She wasn't completely unknown. In fact she had received a little bit of attention as she dominated the Hoenn tournament circuit before she started her fashion job. The receptionist broke the new teacher's thoughts, "I think your outfit is quite stunning."

"Why thank you so much. I love your sweater," Adeline lied. It was quite distasteful. After at least an hour of reading over contractual papers and filling out several forms she was ready to depart.

"Cynthia will most likely give you a tour when you both have time. For now take this map and head to Baobab Marsh's office. You will be shadowing him for the day. He is one of our senior teachers and you will be able to see how classes here work."

"Alright sounds good," Adeline quickly glanced at the pamphlet and left.

The corridors were much more complicated when filled with students. A lengthy few minutes later Adeline was finally able to make it to her destination. However, as she neared the doorway a sudden wall of surprised students met Adeline's face. The sudden stop caught the teacher by surprise and she ended up losing her sun glasses to the ground. Scooping them up before they were crushed by the stampede, she returned her attention to the commotion. An older man, obviously a proffesor, had been embraced warmly by his purple monster pokemon. The Drapion had almost crushed the man with love. Most everyone, including Adeline, were quite surprised. The older students that passed chuckled and made fun of everyone who's jaws were dropped. It was as if they had seen this every day of their lives.

"What a bunch of freshmen! Prof. Marsh always does that!" They teased. It took a few moments for Adeline to make the connection. That man was the man she need to follow all day... but getting across would be a difficult task. Like a frenzied fan making her way to the front of the stage at a concert, Adeline instinctively pushed herself forward. Her disregard of manners proved to be in vain. There was just too many people and the professor had already started to make his way down the hall. She needed to catch him... Pushing her slender body through decreasing crevasses, her pace increased. Finally she saw an opening and she reached a trotting pace. Again... it was just a little to crowded to move with speed. She bumped into a girl holding a Piplup. The small forced seed to knock her into a man that looked a little bit younger then herself. Staring at the two for a brief moment Adeline continued her impossible task. She was getting close.

Dodging a few final attempts to stop her; she finally reached the man's back. Out of breath she muttered, "M...Mr... I mean Prof... Professor Marsh? I am a new teacher and I am supposed to shadow you for a day. My name is... Adeline Lorient Roux." Whether the man was surprised by her arrival was unclear. Adeline couldn't care less. She had made it.

Besides the white lab coat he was the first person she had seen that day with somewhat fashionable dress. The sweater seamed a little old fashion but it was still classy. The pattern kept his old but fit body looking slim. His dress shoes looked expensive or at least nice. If Adeline had to guess, she would have predicted they came from Cole Hann.

Gripping her fashionable sunglasses quite tightly, the overdressed woman waited for a response.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
    Tobias Conway
    PUT Academy
    Classroom 207

Alph and Tobias sat side by side on the desk, waiting both patiently and nervously for the students to arrive. The bell had rung for first period over then minutes ago, and Tobias began to think that nobody was coming. Panic bubbled as he thought he'd come to the wrong place, or that he'd forgotten to do something. Perhaps Alakazam would be of more assistance here...

As he thought it, the psychic pokemon burst from its capsule. Tobias smiled as the psychic link their shared worked marvellously. Alakazam's calming nature filled Tobias to the brim, and the fear of all gone wrong melted away. Serenity surrounded the young teacher, and was only broken at an abrupt knock at the door.

"C-come in?" Tobias uttered without much conviction, and a woman in a hideous sweater wandered in.

"Mr Conway? I see you've found your room already." The woman said, nodding at the room in general. "Could you return your forms please? I trust they arrived to you in time for today?"

Tobias nodded, withdrawing his forms from his pocket. They were crumpled and damp, but there wasn't much he could do about it now. "Sorry," he mumbled, and the woman shook her head kindly.

"Don't sweat it. I've seen forms in much worse states than these. Are you shadowing anyone today?"

Tobias paused, his mind cast back to the phonecall he'd had prior to his arrival. Nobody had mentioned shadowing...
    "I... I don't think so. Why, should I be?" Panic rose in his voice, and the woman chuckled.

"No, no. Some prefer it, that's all. It appears you have a free period now, or at least, a freshman class where they are being inducted as we speak. If the latter, they should be here within the next five minutes."

Tobias nodded slightly as the woman left the room. Alakazam returned to his ball without being asked, leaving Tobias and Alph alone once more.
    "Just wait now, I suppose." Tobias shrugged, retrieving a banana from his bag.

LilCthulhu

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Prof. Baobab Marsh
    PUT Academy
    Corridor, Office, Classroom

"Oh! You're the new Trainer Teacher? Good. I was afraid you couldn't find me between all this mess that the first day is. Your guess was correct, young Adeline. I am Professor Baobab Marsh." The professor said with a calm voice. "I don't mean to offend you, but... are you sure you'll be able to work dressed... like that? This is no Monday stroll or anything." He said. A moment of silence between the two started. It seemed that everyone at the academy had been bothering her because of her way of dressing. Her face changed and an angry expression could be seen, even if she tried to hide it. "On a second thought... most of what we'll be doing here is theoretical work, so there's no problem if you use that clothing right now." Baobab said to keep the young trainer calm. "Still, I would like you to use a lab coat. Those are the rules, plus I like that my fellow Teacher Trainers use the good ol' lab coat during their shadowing" said Baobab. "Come with me. There's more lab coats in my office".

They walked back to the office. Adeline looked exhausted because of the walking, but Baobab was as fresh as always. It was to be expected, since Baobab's been working in this academy for more than 30 years now, and he's used to all of this. They finally reached the office. Baobab opened the door and took a coat for her. "I hope it's not too big, but it's the only one I have right now". From the Pokeball, Egypt the Drapion came out of it and hugged Baobab once more. "Stop Egypt! Stop!" said Baobab, as the euphoric Drapion rubbed it's hard exoskeletal face against Baobab's. Drapion stood up and looked at Adeline. The Drapion started to sniff her. Then, Egypt started to hug her strongly. "Egypt! Come back!" Baobab said as he returned Drapion to her Pokeball. "I'm so sorry. Drapion doesn't really know when it's an appropriate time to... well... show her love." Baobab said. Well, let's keep on going.

They finally reached the classroom. The place full of freshmen, as Baobab often called the inexperienced students. Baobab kept on walking until they reached the teacher's desk without seeing a single new student to the eyes. The face of all the newbies was pale white when they saw how harsh the professor looked. "My name is Professor Baobab Marsh. This is my assistant, Teacher Trainer Adeline. I'm not good with names. Plus, I'm not interested in doing any kind of friendship here in my class, so please do not introduce yourselves. This class is about Pokemon Biology and Evolution. Please, Adeline, there is a bunch of books at my desk. Hand them over to the classmates." Baobab said. The rough introduction just made the faces of the newbies even more pale and scared.

Oranje

Go Arsenal
    Years
    Roll Away Your Stone

Adeline Roux
    PUT Academy
    Marsh's Office and Classroom

Adeline was fortunate. He had been expecting her. She was quite excited to have dodged an awkward conversation.

"Oh! You're the new Trainer Teacher? Good. I was afraid you couldn't find me between all this mess that the first day is. Your guess was correct, young Adeline. I am Professor Baobab Marsh," the man was calm, cool, and collected. He had a sense of professionalism and confidence to his voice. However, he seemed a bit intimidating. She was looking forward to working with him. This feeling didn't last long. "I don't mean to offend you, but... are you sure you'll be able to work dressed... like that? This is no Monday stroll or anything," the professor was only trying to be helpful. Adeline didn't like it. She was hardly wearing anything hindering her ability to teach. In fact she was wearing almost the same thing he was. Pants and a coat. She had no sweater instead just a gray V-neck. His coat was one found in a lab, but to Adeline and her stubbornness, it was similar. She thought to rebuke his comment but bit her tongue. She couldn't hide the distressed look on her face.

He had read her facial expressions, "On a second thought... most of what we'll be doing here is theoretical work, so there's no problem if you use that clothing right now." A little embarrassed by the broadcast of emotions she simply nodded. "Still, I would like you to use a lab coat. Those are the rules, plus I like that my fellow Teacher Trainers use the good ol' lab coat during their shadowing," Adeline hid her rolling eyes from the man. She said nothing. She didn't want to make enemies the first day. Especially with people who would be able to help her. She followed the man after he motioned to his lab. It took a little bit due to clattering students. They managed to make it and to stay together.

The clothing obsessed girl grabbed her legs. They were starting to ache. She had been on feet most of the day, including traveling on foot to Crown City. She hadn't had anything to eat, because of the trek. Her stomach rumbled; nothing is wasn't used to. Getting in a quick stretch, acting as if she had dropped something, she arose to a lab coat in Baobab's hands. Adeline received the gift hesitantly. She didn't put it on, instead she held it in her hand as if it was a winter coat on a summer day.

A burst of red light awoke Adeline from her disdainful thoughts. The large, purple-armored pokemon from before came out once again. It embraced its master with pure love. Generally, Adeline would have found such behavior distasteful and disobedient. This time seemed different... there was such passion and love between the two. Adeline could not help but remember and yearn.

(Flashback)

The three month trainer let loose her fox pokemon. The two had created a bond so true and unbreakable. The two couldn't be separated. "Ready?" The Vulpix nodded. Adeline picked her friend up and cradled her in her arms. The fox enjoyed the security of its trainer's arms while the model-like teen enjoyed the warmth of her friend. Despite the fact they couldn't win a battle, the journey was fun. It was as if the two had known each other forever. Two best friends traveling forever. It was an appealing idea. It was reality.

The couple continued on the route until dusk arrived. They then playfully created a tent and got into the comfy sleeping bag. Vulpix rested just under the trainer's neck. It was embraced near the heart of its trainer. If only life could always be this way. The world seemed large but the love for one another was too great to believe it couldn't be conquered. Adeline stroked the curls on top of the Vulpix. "Vulpix, I love this. You are my greatest friend. I want it to always be like this." The comments were full of sincerity. The Vulpix responded by burying its head into its trainer's collarbone and a sigh of approval. "Goodnight." Adeline closer her eyes.

The new teacher's reverie was destroyed as the Drapion embraced her. Its strength was tremendous; Adeline was powerless to do anything. Finally it was returned and the girl could breathe. Surprised she had not been angered one bit, the trainer smiled to hide her pain. Egypt, the creature's name, had reminded her of how things used to be... of better days. If only Ninetales and her could be as loving to one another as Mr. Baobab and his Drapion. The unbreakable relationship was more then cracked. It was now non-existent. Trying her best to hide her pain she mindless followed the professor to the classroom. When he wasn't looking she wiped her tearing eyes. As the door was opened she took a deep breath to gather herself and walked in.

A sea of pale faces greeted the pair of older trainers. Adeline was too preoccupied with her memory to have butterflies in her stomach. The moment her relationship was lost with Ninetales a hole had seemed to form in her heart. Where there was once love, she filled with thistle and weeds. She was not one to show emotions but it was very hard not to just break down and cry in front of the class. She held strong. Very strong. Only the wisest and most perceptive person could have seen through the charade she was putting on. The acting job was almost academy award worthy.

Marsh, who seemed so happy in his office, had changed his tone as well. He seemed to be acting tough around the students. He didn't look at any of class directly and instead seemed like he was a drill sergeant in front of his squad. He meant business. It was obvious as to why this school was so infamous. The way he spoke... the students and Adeline just knew he was good if not great. "My name is Professor Baobab Marsh. This is my assistant, Teacher Trainer Adeline. I'm not good with names. Plus, I'm not interested in doing any kind of friendship here in my class, so please do not introduce yourselves. This class is about Pokemon Biology and Evolution. Please, Adeline, there is a bunch of books at my desk. Hand them over to the classmates." Unlike her colleague, if you could call Baobab that, Adeline couldn't help but stare at their faces. Their distress helped the heartbroken teacher hide her troubles.

Walking over to his desk like she had been instructed, she removed her cloth and leather jacket. Hanging it on the convenient coat hanger near the door. Adeline replaced it with the lab coat. It wasn't too oversized. After popping the collar and rolling up the sleeves halfway to her wrists, the trainer found several large stacks of books. The bindings and cover were colored hunter green. Pictures of a skeletal Dratini, Dragonaire, and Dragonite were plastered to the cover. She grabbed four and handed them out to the closest students. She rinsed and repeated the act several times while Mr. Marsh gave an authoritative and intimidating speech. Only four more students. She made her way to the back left corner. Four boys, who had made quick friends, sat with swagger. Unlike the rest of the class their faces were full of color and they had no fear.

"So you're a teacher trainer? Really?" The boy disrespectfully questioned her credentials. It was loudly stated. The boy interrupted Mr. Marsh's speech and the whole class turned around. Some kids, mostly boys, chuckled.

The fatter boy sitting next to the previous boy added his remarks, "Dude obviously! They need a cooking, cleaning, and laundry teacher!" The two began to crack up. They had adopted the rolls of class clowns. This time, however, the class didn't laugh. Most of them were a bit surprised the two had done what they had. Adeline was speechless. Her face bright red, she wasn't sure how to respond...

Ducklighter

Years
    Warren Ainsworth,
    Teacher Trainer
    PUT Academy
    Hallway

To say that Warren came across as an unfriendly was an understatement. Although he didn't mean to, the boy came off as really detached and stone faced. He didn't really exhibit a lot of emotions in his face but that doesn't come to mean he wasn't a friendly person, it just warded off people quite often, a downfall on his part. As he slithered his way down the hall, his eyes making contact with all the students, teachers and professors bustling about, he couldn't help but observe the atmosphere of it all. He was intrigued, another year and another stress ball to crack open. His mind was now distant and his eyes worked to capture all the faces in the hallway and he could do that because Warren had a good memory and his keen observation skills helped him a ton during battling. Walking through the hallway, it seemed he knew exactly where he was going. His class was located in the battlefield outside, he was always there and it weren't going to change this year.

He was in his own bubble and he examined the people rushing off to their respective rooms, he couldn't help but get sucked into it all. He noticed all the Pokémon that had accompanied the students and teacher alike and he was impressed by the diversity of them all. He had traveled all around the world and had battled in all kinds of different arenas so he knew was extremely knowledgeable in variation in Pokémon, heck he almost had a hundred at home but he for now he only had Dewott and Breloom by his side. Although he tended to alternate quite a bit, so he could add another and switch Pokémon from time to time. He loved each and every one of them and managed to make sure to see them occasionally.

Pokémon were his saving grace.

Snapping him out of consciousness, he felt a bit of a force hitting his chest, letting out a shocked gasp. Releasing a young student had collided with him, he just looked at her. A little bit miffed, he looked directly at her, without saying a word. She stammered out an apology but he couldn't help but just look at her, almost as if he was trying to suss her out. His observation skills were still in overdrive and he couldn't help it. After a few moments of silence on his part, he just smiled at her. "It's really fine, uh...." he wondered what her name was. "I'm sorry, what is your name?" he politely asked before his attention wandered somewhere else. "Do you mind if we walk and talk, I have to get to my class?"

Without waiting for a reply, he began to walk through the hallway, hoping she'd catch on and move on swiftly too. He didn't want to seem rude but he was late and if she wanted a conversation, she'd need to keep up with him.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
    "No, Grandpa," said Ashley firmly, pulling on her Ugg boots in her Pallet Town room - although it was sunny outside here she had been informed by her Grandfather that Crystal City was stuck under near-constant rain and cloud cover. "I'm going alone - I'll be okay once I get there, I'm not worried!!" Professor Oak stood in the doorway, looking concerned.

"But...Ashley, it's a whole new city, no, REGION for you, I'd really prefer for you to allow me to-" however, he didn't get to finish as Ashley stood up abruptly, cutting him off. She put her hands on her hips and raised an eyebrow at him. "Grandpa, did you insist on accompanying Gary when he first started his journey? He was younger than I am...just because I'm a girl doesn't make me any less capable." She heard a snicker and turned around, seeing her brother walk past her Grandfather and shake his head at her.

"I think you've been beaten on this one Pops," said Gary with an amused expression, turning to his Grandfather and nodding. Professor Oak sighed and walked forward, hugging Ashley tightly. "Right. Well I'm going back to the lab...when you're ready to leave, come and I'll send you on your way. ALONE." he stressed, winking at her and leaving the room. She turned to Gary and smiled, running forward and hugging him tightly. "I had no idea you were coming today! Where have you been?" she asked, already predicting the answer as she felt Gary shrug and step back. "Oh yeah, like I wouldn't come to see you off. Oh you know, been around and about. But we aren't talking about me today," he took hold of her shoulders and stepped back, looking her up and down. He smiled gently and shook his head. "Hard to believe...my little sister, off to the most exclusive trainer academy in the whole world..." he looked tired, Ashley noted as he ran a hand through his messy brown hair and grinned that lopsided grin at her. It didn't quite reach his eyes, though...the dark eyes that he shared with her. He gestured to her neck, "you still have my-" and Ashley raised an eyebrow, pulling it out from underneath the black tank top she wore with her dark blue skinny jeans. "Of course." she said simply, cradling the pendant in her hands like a baby bird. "I haven't taken it off since you gave it to me." Gary smiled, a genuine smile now that lit up his whole face and enveloped her in his arms again.

Ashley took a deep breath, inhaling that scent through the cologne he wore that was pure Gary, the scent that was so familiar to her from childhood. And in that moment, she didn't even care about the school or her future plans or anything. In that moment she was 8 years old and he was 11, about to set off on his journey, going away from her. But she wasn't 8, and he wasn't 11, and she was now the one to set off on her own journey while Gary would return to...wherever he had been previous to continue doing what he had been doing. Stepping back, Ashley released herself from Gary's grasp and wiped an irritating tear from her eye, smiling sadly. "Alas, dear brother, it is time we part, for I have a school to get to and I better not be bloody late for enrollment," she laughed slightly as Gary smiled, taking her suitcase and bag as Ashley threw her messenger bag containing the essentials over her shoulder, picking up her Superdry coat in the other hand. She checked her hair in the mirror by her bedroom door, having pleated her bangs as a headband to keep them out of the way, the rest of her brunette hair falling in straight layers to mid-waist. Pinning a stray lock of hair back into the plait, she nodded at Gary and they made their way out of the house, pausing for a drink of orange juice, and over to the Laboratory in the south of Pallet Town.

"Ashley, I'll send your bags there first," said Professor Oak as soon as they stepped through the door, "then you shall follow. Put your coat on, the weather is most disagreeable in Crown City. Now..." he turned back to a shelf on the wall next to him where two pokeballs sat. "Here's Hitmonchan and Wingull," he said, passing her the two pokemon that she had acquired during her apprenticeship with her Grandfather, clipping them to her brown belt. Gary stepped forward, holding a red cherish ball out in his hand, smiling brightly. "And this...this is my gift to you." Tentatively, Ashley reached out and took the pokeball. "Gary...your pendant was enough...you didn't need to do this," she said quietly and Gary laughed, "apart from bring you luck, that pendant won't help you win battles now, will it? But hopefully, just hopefully this might." Ashley laughed quietly and held out the pokeball, the red jet of light emerging and forming into a small..."Gible!!!" exclaimed Ashley, jumping back and clamping her hands over her mouth. "Oh Gary...she-" he cut her off as Gible frowned. "He, Ash, he." laughed Gary and Ashley winced. "Oh, of course...HE is wonderful, he is just perfect! I cannot wait to show him off at the Academy!" she ran over to Gible and hugged him, Gible's eyes wide as she gathered him in her arms. He seemed unsure of her, of course, they had only just met. Ashley stepped back and coughed, returning him to his cherish ball. "He is perfect, thank you Gary." Professor Oak coughed and pointed at his wall clock. "Ashley...it's time."

Professor Oak, due to his involvement in research at the Academy, had a direct teleportation line to the pokemon center in Crown City. Although Ashley wished to journey herself to the school, Professor Oak had insisted that either she take the direct line or he journey with her. The last thing Ashley wanted was to turn up at school with her famed Grandfather in tow and spend the first however many weeks of her time answering and parrying questions about her Grandpa and Brother. So as she stepped onto the glowing pad, facing Gary and Grandpa, she waved and she was gone. She then opened her eyes to see herself in a small unfamiliar annexe. She opened the door, and stepped out onto the balcony of the Crown City pokemon centre. She watched on the bottom floor as nurses and Chansey milled around trainers and their pokemon, wheeling trollies filled with potions and bowls of food. Walking down the steps, Ashley looked out of the window at the overcast, drizzly sky and realised that her Grandfather must have travelled in between warp panels frequently during the day. She smiled and pulled up her hood, stepping out of the door into Crown City.

The City was...big. The skyscrapers...the wide pathways...everything was so big, thought Ashley, drawing her coat tighter around her waist. She fiddled with the zip and felt the raindrops seep through her jeans to her legs, looking down as dark spots mainfested themselved on her beige Ugg boots. Before long they'd be sodden, she walked briskly through the city, not pausing to take in the sights, deciding that she would explore the City on a day when the weather was more suited to wandering the city. The Academy was a large, sprawling glass creation...and Ashley paused for a minute, looking for any signage that may indicate the reception desk for her enrollment.

Following the prompts from the signs, she wandered through the large doors to the main desk and smiled at the lady on reception. "Hi...I'm Ashley...Ashley..." the woman looked at her, prompting her on further, but Ashley just couldn't say it. She couldn't complete her full title, so resorted to routing through her messenger bag for her acceptance letter. The woman skimmed over the letter, and Ashley saw her eyes widen as she took in her full name. "Oh, I see...yes, of course. Please, fill out this form and we shall issue your Academy ID." Ashley gratefully took the form and pen, knowing that she would have to hide her surname from anyone who asked. After filling out the form, realising that at 15 she was one of the oldest students at the school, she was given her timetable and ID card. Skimming her timetable, she noticed that she had class with a Mr Conway. Room 207. Right, so second floor...7 rooms along? If only she had a map with her. Removing her coat, she started as she noticed her pendant was hanging outside her tank top. Quickly slipping it down the front, she hung her coat over her messenger bag and made her way up to room 207.

The academy was abuzz with excitement and energy, students of all ages chattered happily as they made their way through the corridors. Ashley noticed a young girl apologising to a brown haired young-looking teacher trainer, she assumed that she had ran into him or something. Walking past, she looked inside one of the classrooms and noticed a very well-dressed woman holding a white lab coat, with an older Professor teaching what looked like biology. She was extraordinarily fashionable for a teacher...she wondered if she were an apprentice or if she held her own classes. Soon, Ashley arrived at room 207 and knocked before she entered, seeing a man eating a banana, his Alakazam next to him. "Umm...I'm sorry, I have class here...are you my teacher?" she asked, closing the door behind her and hanging her coat up on a peg on the wall.

LilCthulhu

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Baobab Marsh,
    PUT Academy
    Classroom

"Those boys in the back. Come. To the front of the class" Baobab said with a serious face. The boys obeyed him, yet their faces were defiant and disrespectful. They finally reached the front of the class. Baobab took his laser pointer and used it to aim at the head of what it seemed to be the leader of that gang of boys.

"This... my young class... is a Mr Mime." Said Baobab. The class was very confused when he said that, but Baobab just kept talking. "As you can observe from his ragged clothing and facial expression, this Mr. Mime in particular has been badly trained by his owner." He then pointed to the fatter boy. "This... is a Munchlax" The class started to get what Baobab was trying to tell. Low-pitched laughs and giggles could be heard in the classroom. "You can obviously tell because of the shape of the head and body, and because it has traces of it's meal arround his mouth" The classroom laughed loudly. "Finally... this thin and pale one is a Sableye." The classroom kept laughing as the faces of the three class clowns blushed. "His thin complexion is very similar, and it is pale because it has lived all of his life in a cave. This three Pokemon... err... I mean students... in particular are banned from my class, and will be hold back a year because of this."

The faces of the students immediately transformed from a happy, laughing face to a pale one again. "Let me be very clear on this. Clown acts belong to a Pokemon Circus. Comedy is allowed in my class if it's the appropriate time. However, any student that tries to be funny by mocking or hurting another classmate's feelings will be automatically banned from the former and will be held back a year. Understood?" Baobab said with a serious face. "Understood, Professor!" The students replied at the same time. "Now... you three go to the principal's office and tell what happened here. I don't want to see your faces in my class ever again... unless... you apologize to young Adeline here."

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
    Tobias Conway
    PUT Academy
    Room 207

"Umm...I'm sorry, I have class here...are you my teacher?"
    Tobias was taken by surprise at the voice at his door, and his sharp intake if breath coincided with an untimely swallowing of a sizeable banana chunk. He coughed and spluttered, his face reddening for the second time this morning. His embarrassment worsened the ordeal tenfold, and when he had finally swallowed his banana his eyes were watering.

"...Sorry.." Tobias croaked, standing up alongside his Charmeleon. "Yes, I think I am... Are you alone?"

The slim girl hung up her coat and took a seat in the empty classroom.

"I'm Tobias Conway, I'm just as new as you." Tobias smiled at the girl, who was only a few years younger than him. "In this together, right?"

As he said it, the classroom door flew open and the room filled with students of all ages, most of which wearing the same nervous expression that Tobias sensed on his own face. Certainly freshmen. They wandered aimlessly as they tried to pick somewhere to sit, and eventually the class settled down, all looking up at Tobias patiently, some eyeing Alph with concern.

"Hello er, class. I'm Tobias Conway, you're welcome to call me by whatever you see fit. In good taste, of course." Tobias was feeling slightly more comfortable now, and even felt it appropriate to give the class a cheery wink.
    "As I was telling this young lady here-" Tobias gestured to the girl who'd walked in earlier than the others, "- I'm brand new here too, so if you've any concerns, I'm more than willing to help. My door is always open, so any problems, and I'm here."

The class seemed to relax as Tobias did, just as he would have liked. He was the mentor for these children, and right now he needed them to like him as much as they needed the same from him.

"I'm going to be teaching you the basics of Pokemon strategy here. What do I mean by that? Now come on, don't be shy."

A few hands tenderly pushed through the air, and Tobias pointed at a young floppy haired boy sitting in the far left.
    "It's how you use your Pokemon in battle, and type advantages and items and stuff..." The boy's voice trailed off as the class stared at him, but Tobias smiled encouragingly.

"Very right you are. What's your name?"

"Darren Thornby, sir."

"Very good, Darren. And of course, he's perfectly right." He was really getting into the swing of things now. "We'll be doing movesets, the advantages and disadvantages of evolution, battle items and the all important type advantages. Sound good?"
    The class murmured in agreement as Tobias released his remaining two Pokemon. As the Dragonair and Alakazam burst from their balls, the class gasped slightly in awe.

"Here we have my Pokemon. Each of these know six moves, mixtures of egg moves, TMs, HMs and moves learnt by levelling up. Over the next semester, these will be your teachers. And eventually, so will your own Pokemon. Have you all got your Pokemon with you? Who wants to do a bit of showing off?"

Tobias turned to the girl who'd arrived first.

"How about you? Don't be shy about it, I see the Pokeballs at your waist. Bring out the team!"

SelenaStar

Years
    Ashley smiled and nodded as the door opened, her classmates flooding through the door. "I'm not as alone as it would seem," she laughed, taking a good look at her teacher, as if sizing him up. He wasn't much older than her...and seemed more nervous. Good, she'd have run into trouble if he'd been arrogant and trying to exert his dominance over her. She didn't want these teachers taking her as a young freshman - she had learned so much with her Grandfather she was well equipped to deal with the more advanced classes this school had to offer.

She sat down and watched her classmates quietly as Tobias explained what they would be covering in this class. It sounded very interesting, she had leant much from her Grandfather on this very subject and hoped that there was more she could learn. She stiffened slightly when he referred to her as 'this young lady,' she DID have a name...although they didn't exactly get round to introducing themselves before Tobias asked if anyone wanted to show off their pokemon. As she had suspected, he turned to her first and she sighed inwardly. Gripping Gary's pendant that was hanging inside her shirt down by her navel through her tank top, she stood, walked to the front of the class and smiled awkwardly.

"Hi...I'm Ashley O...I mean, I'm Ashley Sharpay," she inwardly grimaced, having nearly given her real surname. Her eyes flashed to Tobias but he didn't seem to have noticed the slip-up, neither did her classmates. She didn't want to start her first day in her Grandfather and Brother's shadows. "And these...these are my pokemon." She released Wingull first, who soared over the heads of her classmates, then Hitmonchan who threw some punches in the air, ever the show-off. And finally, she clasped the cherish ball tightly for a moment, eyes closed, before releasing Gible, who stood by her, surveying her classmates closely. She shrugged and smiled broadly at her pokemon, "and these...these are my pokemon and my best friends." Gible looked up at this and they gazed into each other's eyes before he smiled and said "Gib, Gible!"

Oranje

Go Arsenal
    Years
    The Scientist

Adeline Roux
    PUT Academy
    Marsh's Classroom

The class fell dead silent. It reminded Adeline of the time she defeated Hoenn's Cinderella in the Lilycove Open. The biased fan base had ceased their chants just like the students stopped their chatter. The three devious boys' faces had no color on it. They elected to leave the room without a word. Adeline was as red as a tomato but a little surprised they had not apologized. Their pride was too great. Predictable. These kids had grown up their whole life being told how great they were at training pokemon. With teachers like Baobab they were in for a surprise. They were no longer pokemon prodigies. Instead, they were all equal. It had been a bizarre start and it was obvious students were going to have a hard time respecting her. She would have to take notes, great notes at that. She would need to be tough, prove herself.

The door slammed shut and several awkward moments followed. No one said anything. The rain was picking up; the splatters created a water symphony of consistent sound. The clouds orchestrating ever drop on key and rhythm. After such an intense moment, the precipitation created a calming sense. You could hardly hear the cars of downtown making there commutes. The crowds of people sounded non-existant. At that moment Adeline yearned to be in it. To trace down the local scene and stop by a pub and maybe grab a beer in the cold rain. It had been a long day. That would just be a good end to a hectic day. There was something very appealing and almost romantic about the city and she felt she needed to explore.

It wasn't uncommon for trainers her age to underestimate the trainer dressed as if she was strutting down a runway. That was different, less disturbing. It was a little worrying that teenagers several years younger lacked respect as well. It would make this job even more stressful. With the class under control the Prof. Baobab continued his speech. Adeline found a seat by door and grabbed a notebook and pen out of her very expensive bag. Tomorrow she would have her first class. It was time to observe a professor at his trade and start her lesson plans for the next day.

She would be teaching a class on movesets the next day. It was something many trainers would overlook. The majority of trainers look at type advantage and believe it is the end all be all of battling. As important as it is surprising someone was also key. It was going to be important to get her point across and be serious. Tomorrow would be a defining moment in her teaching career. She would have to put her fashion interests on hold and show what she had worked on for so long. Adeline noticed a brown, shaggy haired boy and a blonde girl passing notes. She smiled. The female was not going to get anymore people in trouble. These were just kids. They were always going to be misbehaving a little.

Her attempt to repair things with Ninetales would have to wait. It was time to focus on her new job, her new task. However, if she needed to be taken seriously she would have to have the respect of all of her pokemon not just her pupils. The bell rang loudly. The professor wasn't surprised at all it was as if he had been doing it for years... because he had. Adeline stood up and smiled at the mass exodus of students. Some nodded, said their goodbyes, or stayed silent. She approached Baobab when the room was empty. Adeline, like a Growlithe and his master, was ready to follow him around.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    Lira Lyeodmar
    PUT Academy
    Corridor

Lira struggled not to fidget as the teacher studied her in silence. Having nothing else to do, she studied him in return with matching intensity. He had wide hazel eyes and dressed surprisingly casually for a teacher. But it was the look in his eyes and on his face that commanded most of her attention. He seemed to exert a cold, detached and aloof aura that made Lira wonder what he had ever endured in his life to make him like that. His face was so stern and blank that for a moment, she wondered if she should just back off. Splash was silent in her arms. She shifted uncomfortably on spot, ready to say something, when a smile broke across his face. "It's really fine, uh.... I'm sorry, what is your name?" The tone of his voice, stiff, formal and polite, gave Lira the impression that he wasn't the kind who enjoyed talking in particular. Knowing this, she wasn't eager to prolong their conversation either. As the bell rang, he spoke again. "Do you mind if we walk and talk, I have to get to my class?" Without another word he turned abruptly and began striding down the hallway. Lira's eyes darted around briefly, and noticing that the halls were already beginning to empty, she guessed that they were both running late.

She hurried after him, extending her stride to speed up and match his. "I'm Lira Lyeodmar. I'm looking for Mr Conway's class. I'm sort of lost. Could you tell me where it is?" She hoped he could give her directions - the halls were growing quiet now. She hated being late, and the fact that this was her first day made it even worse. She took deep breaths and forced her heartbeat to slow and stay calm. She would only make things worse for herself if she got worried and started getting flustered. With some calmness, she could hopefully explain things to her new teacher, and if she was lucky, he would cut her some slack for being late on the first day.

Last edited:

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
    Tobias Conway
    PUT Academy
    Room 207

Tobias grinned as Ashley's Pokemon sent the class into shocked silence.

"Very nice, Ashley. I can see that they are very close to you."
    Ashley's Gible stood loyally by her side, gazing up at her with nothing but adoration. He could see they hadn't had time to bond yet, but that Ashley was more than capable of commanding respect from her Pokemon.

"I'll take the register. While I'm doing that, I'd like you to think which of my Pokemon would be the best decision for me to use against Ashley's Hitmonchan. Please raise your hand if you think you've an idea."

Tobias turned to the sheet of paper on his desk with a list of names, all accompanied with a picture. He looked around the faces in the room, ticking off the names he could match a person to.
    When he reached Ashley's name, he looked up at the girl with interest. Oak, huh? Tobias knew better than to challenge the girl on her family. It was obvious that she wasn't keen for people to associate her with the reputations of her grandfather and brother, and so Tobias would do nothing of the sort. He told himself that Oak was just a name and not Ashley's identity; that was something she'd have to show him on her own. There'd be no favouritism in Room 207.

Finally, all but one name was ticked off the list. General chatter had built up around Tobias, who cleared his throat gently.
    "Does anyone know where a Miss Lira Lyeodmar has gotten to?" He asked, consulting the register. She signed in this morning...

The class looked at Tobias blankly.
    "It would appear not," he said with a smile. "Now, which Pokemon would be the best choice to use against Ashley's Hitmonchan? Charmeleon, Alakazam or Dragonair? Hands up if you know the answer."

SelenaStar

Years
    Staring forward, out of the corner of her eye Ashley noticed Tobias' eyes flash up towards her with something approaching curiosity mixed with surprise. 'Of course...the register...that has my real name on it, DAMN how could I have overlooked that!' she turned to look at him with horror on her face, waiting for him to pull her up over her lie to the whole class. She tried to think of a viable cover-up...she had never thought it would be this difficult. Thankfully, though, his next words were "Does anyone know where a Miss Lira Lyeodmar has gotten to?", not "Ashley Oak, why did you lie about your surname to me and the entire class? Get out of my room and detention for a month!"

Letting out a visible sigh of relief, Ashley looked down at Gible who was watching her closely. She crouched down next to him and patted his head. "It's ok Gib...I was worried about something but not anything you need to worry about." Giblestretched up into her hand, and she swore that if he could've purred like a cat, he would have.

Standing up straight, Ashley looked around. No-one had their hands up...many students weren't even looking at Tobias, instead looking at either her or her pokemon. Ashley coughed and turned towards Tobias.

"Your Alakazam would be a good match against my Hitmonchan - the fighting type is vulnerable to psychic attacks. However, if Hitmonchan knew Sucker Punch - a dark type move - and had a higher speed level than Alakazam, he could compensate for this basic type disadvantage. Of course, Sucker Punch wouldn't be as powerful as a Weavile's if used by Hitmonchan as the type of the move doesn't match the type of the user...but it would still be a viable counter-strategy." she answered, smiling lopsidedly at Tobias. She didn't want to seem a know-all but yeah...she knew that answer.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Len Editon
    PUT Academy
    Classroom

Len sat quietly in classroom 207. He had been in the rain long enough for his gel to wash out and was currently trying to move his mop of hair out of his face. It wasn't working. Thankfully, the trainer teacher wasn't looking at him right then, but a floppy-haired boy instead. God, his hair made him look depressed. He wasn't. Len Editon was in a very good mood. He had made it to the school on time, gotten his ID and schedule, and had managed to get some practice in before he got caught in the downpour. Lucky he'd had a towel but still... he was still kind of wet.

Hearing his name called, he raised his hand and checked on his Pokemon. Phew, the two were alright. There was a discussion up by the board about typing and Len frowned. That was kind of obvious so when the other girl raised her hand and replied he simply nodded along. Even someone as backwater as him knew that. Rico's Pokeball shook and he smiled quietly, knowing the Riolu wanted to break trees again. He'd let him when it stopped raining and there was free time. His fingers went to touch his flute case and he opened into carefully. Phew it was still safe. Paranoid? Yes. Did he care much? No. He wanted to talk to his classmates but he couldn't now. Waah. He wanted to see who was nice and their Pokemon too.

SelenaStar

Years
    Still stood at the front of the class, Ashley was starting to feel a bit on edge. She wondered if she'd be able to sit back down soon...and it seemed she wasn't the only one who felt a bit paranoid. She noticed a boy whose hair seemed to be irritating him keep fidgeting - first his pokeballs, then something else at his waist, he looked slightly on edge, just like she felt. She wondered who he was, she hadn't been paying much attention when the trainer had been taking the rest of the register - concentrating on if he'd blow her identity to everyone. Ashley figured she'd make an effort to speak to him after class, make SOME home room friends. Slightly awkwardly from the front of the class, she sent a brief smile his way, open and friendly as Gible followed her gaze and tilted his head at the boy. His keen eyesight could see the pokeball at his waist shaking and quivering...whatever pokemon was in there wanted to be out, and Gible didn't like it one bit.

Back