• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Project Vanguard (MASSIVE UPDATE COMING VERY SOON)

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen yesterday
Hi everyone
Here is some info about the upcoming massive update I have been working very hard on!

3 New Starters
StartersVanguard.png
Grass-Fairy Chikorita
Fire-Ghost Cyndaquil
Water-Dragon Totodile
These 3 new regional variants will replace the current starters. But don't worry, if you are a returning player who does not wish to restart their save file to receive one of these new starters, you will still be able to obtain one.

New regional variants
V3 will include a total of 36 new regional variants, including the new starters. Each one will be obtainable in the current version of the game once released and have uncommon type combinations.

New maps
V3 will feature vibrant new maps and map updates. In V2 I released a small number of map updates to those that felt outdated. In v3, almost every map that did not receive an update in v2 will have one.

Story
Pokemon Vanguard's main focus is storytelling, worldbuilding, and character development. In v3, the player character's background will finally be expanded upon as you begin to understand your purpose for being thrown into this strange new world. V3 will also conclude the first arc of the game and reveal small bits and pieces of lore regarding the main continent and the dangers that surround it.

If you haven't yet, please join the discord where I actively release progress updates. I'll also be revealing news about beta testing for v3, so if you're interested in that I highly suggest you join.
https://discord.gg/sr24E8keRs

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Out of curiosity will there be an item that changes normal abilities into hidden abilities?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen yesterday
Beta testing for next update happening very soon! join the dc if you're interested :)

SolarDawn

LunarDusk
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
The link is not working for the game keep clicking it nothing happen.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Only got as far as route 1 but I'm loving it so far. Lucked out and managed to get shiny variant chikorita which looks really nice(love the backsprite). Although this game make me think of a reverse pokemon mystery dungeon game-probably because of all the pmd music with a similar start. Good choice in music.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 10, 2022
I don't think the triage ability works the way it's supposed to. I was fighting the 1st gym leader and one of his pokemon out sped Bayleaf's synthesis even though it had triage.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Are the new abilities implemented? Also have other pokemon gotten their stats redone? I noticed Shinx gets Thundershock now

Also will there be a method for fixing either IVs or Natures?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen yesterday
Are the new abilities implemented? Also have other pokemon gotten their stats redone? I noticed Shinx gets Thundershock now

Also will there be a method for fixing either IVs or Natures?

A few new abilities, looking to add more in the future, yes some other pokemon have new stats. There will be methods to change natures in the future, as well as EV training.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I hope the option to change natures comes soon as I got a good bulbasaur but its nature leaves more to be desired.

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
Years
Sorry if I seemed like an asshole, I just feel like this game is interesting but somewhat hobbled by English grammar/punctuation issues right out of the gate.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen yesterday
Sorry if I seemed like an asshole, I just feel like this game is interesting but somewhat hobbled by English grammar/punctuation issues right out of the gate.

It's fine I don't take offense to it, I've been trying to clean up a lot of the grammar issues lately. Most of them unfortunately get by me because I usually put them off to fix bugs and game breaking issues ;-;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 15, 2021
I just started your game and I'm enjoying it so far. My constructive criticism would be yes the grammar and punctuation also I'm seeing a lot of npc's saying the same things... thanks for giving an option to play the game in different modes as well.

Back