• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Violet Mono Dark

Days
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Don't really know if this is the right place to write all this but it's under the Scarlet and Violet section so I'm hoping it's okay. So basically imma write out my entire run as I go. Im pretty active in game so this should go by pretty smoothly. And if enough people like this (just lemme know by commenting) I'll keep doing this with other types.

Days
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    So starting off we have to get through the single longest intro in Pokemon history.

After we meet our way too trigger happy rival Nemona, we get to finally pick our starter. I of course pick Sprigatito seeing as it's a dark run, and I name her Zoë. Meoswcarada reminds me of Catwoman and Zoë Saldana is my favorite Catwoman so welcome Zoë to the team.

Because it's one of my favorite pokemon and unfortunately a Scarlet exclusive I transfered over a level 5 Stunky from Home to add to the team. Nothing special about it, just an old friend reuniting with my team from an old run I did. I name him Tox. Welcome to the team.

Days
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Tox actually shined for the first bit of the early game. Zoë gets a bit walled by certain trainers and so Stunky did quite a bit of work with me spamming Acid Spray. It's guaranteed to harshly lower the targets special attack and deal fairly decent damage so it managed to take out even fellow poison types like the Shroodle used by the first Team Star grunt in Mesagoza.

There's not much to really talk about before the Treasure Hunt is announced so once we are let loose to terrorize the region of Paldea, I head over to the DLC. Kitikami actually has 3 decent dark types (or future dark types) for me to catch. One of which is going to be one of the most important pokemon of the run.

First i catch a Poochyena, who I name Fang. He won't be staying on the team for long but who knows, maybe he will be useful somehow. I then run over and am barely able to access the shoreline to catch myself a Corphish. Luckily I get a +attack nature and I get the Hyper Cutter ability, which means my attack can't be lowered. I name him Neptune.

I neglected to catch a Cacnea, but seeing as I get access to Meowscarada and the fact that it's one dark type per route I think we'll be fine.

*Team so Far:*
    Tox (Stunky) Level 11
    Zoë (Sprigatito) Level 12
    Neptune (Corphish) Level 14
    Fang (Poochyena) Level 10

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • In general, the right place to post playthrough threads is in the Travel Journals section, not in your game's section. I've notified this forum's mod to let her know to move it over there for you, so you don't need to recreate it there. However, since you're doing a monotype challenge, you can also post your playthrough within the Monotype Challenge Thread if you want.

Days
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Thank you for letting me know. I haven't been on this site in a few years now and my old account I don't have the login saved. So I don't remember where to put most stuff.

Days
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Alright returning to the run, I had completely forgotten that right after you leave Mesagoza you get access to the caves where you went through with Miraidon. So I went all the way back and snagged myself a Houndour, which I named Loki.

I took the time to run all the way towards Glasadeuo (butchered the name) Mountain and found the TM for Flamethrower. After training up my team to the level cap of 15, I easily wiped Katy off the map and then went to take on the Titan Klawf.

The issue with this fight is even with the boost of Sprigatito evolving into Florigato, this fight is still very rough. Florigato is stuck with Leafage so my strategy was leading with my recently caught Maschiff to get off an intimidate to lower its attack. I then swapped in Tox to hit it with Acid Spray. I hit it with 3 acid sprays before I have to switch out into Florigato, but with -6 special defense, one Leafage was enough to end the first phase. The 2nd phase was easier than the first because all I did was hit Klawf with a Poison Gas and then hit it with Acid Spray while Arven kept hitting it with Water Gun.

Days
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Right after Klawf I can just immediately go take down Brassius as Houndour can easily wipe his entire team with just 4 flamethrowers.

My team Post-Brassius:
    Zoë (Florigato) Level 18
    Arven (Maschiff) Level 17
    Loki (Houndour) Level 18
    Neptune (Corphish) Level 18
    Tox (Stunky) Level 18
    Fang (Poochyena) Level 18

Days
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Right after Brassius we have to take on Titan Bombirdier which isnt that worrying but for most teams this actually would be.

I lead off with Arven to get an Intimidate drop and then switch into Tox. I get off a Poison Gas before being thrown to below half with a single Wing Attack. I switch back into Arven for a 2nd Intimidate and then switch into Corphish. It takes one Wing Attack into the red and I switch back into Arven for a 3rd Intimidate and finally it's in range where I can hit it with a single Bite to end the first phase.

I then switch into Poochyena for the 2nd phase and let Arvens Nacli do all the work.

Days
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Moving past Bombirdier, we have to take on our first Team Star Boss. Without access to Scraggy or even Lokix (I'd used my Nymble encounter on a Murkrow that I named Sherlock) I went in with a pretty simple plan.

I lead Houndour against his Pawniard which immediately gets melted by a single Flamethrower. Now comes his Starmobile which I have no real answer for. The good thing here is that i resist its signature move, being dark type, so I can just whittle down it's health with Acid Spray from Stunky. Even with a Screech it doesn't do as much damage as I'd thought. I did switch out when it hit me with a second one but then I switched back in and Stunky took care of Giacomo.

**Our Team:**
    Loki (Houndour) Level 20
    Zoë (Floragato) Level 19
    Neptune (Corphish) Level 19
    Tox (Stunky) Level 20
    Arven (Maschiff) Level 20

**In the boxes:**
    Fang (Poochyena) Level 17

Days
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Preparing for Iono was a bit worrisome because I didn't know how I was going to realistically handle her. But then I remembered that I have access to the desert now. So I flew real quick to Cascaraffa and went and found my next encounter, a Sandile right at the level cap of 24, that I named Sahara. So now we actually have the perfect counter for Iono.

Getting everyone to the level cap I head in and just go for it. She leads Wattrel and I lead Sandile. Sandie has the moxie ability so I take out Wattrel with a couple bites and get an attack boost. That attack boost let's me KO the Bellibolt with a critical hit Dig (noice) and then even with the Intimidate from her Luxio, one Dig is enough to KO her Luxio. Her Mismagius actually didn't pose a threat because Sandile hit through confusion and nailed a +2 Bite and crits the Mismagius for the win. I think this was the single cleanest fight I've ever had with Iono.

**Post Iono Team:**
    Sahara (Sandile) Level 25
    Zoë (Floragato) Level 25
    Loki (Houndoom) Level 25
    Neptune (Corphish) Level 25
    Arven (Maschiff) Level 25
    Tox (Stunky) Level 25

**In the boxes:**
    Fang (Poochyena) Level 17
    Sherlock (Murkrow) Level 24

Back