• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Void

Years
  • So a couple more issues that I found while continuing my playthrough, and a few notes as well.

Bugs:
    1. I don't know if it's a common occurrence to everyone else, but on any Pokecenter healing machine my party shows as if it's in Four master balls.
    2. If a Void Pokemon KOs itself due to energy consumption and your mon survives the attack, you don't get EXP.

Notes:
    - The chase sequence was a lot to handle. First of all that was scary as hell, so good job on that part haha. Second part is it took me 4 wipes to realize I can't hit this thing and I actually have to start running. Maybe add some sort of indicator or a text dialogue of the player thinking "I've gotta get away from this thing!" or something like that, to make people understand this is a chase sequence to begin with.
    - Again with the lack of indicators as to where to go, the map itself was already confusing enough, so once I hit the two switches that were previously stuck, I didn't know which entrance to go to in order to clear this sequence.
    - Maybe, since we have a battle right after the chase sequence, have the player auto-heal once they're done being chased? Or at least add some sort of healing mineral before going into the upcoming bossfight. Most people don't think to backtrack and heal at the original spot (which is also obscured, mind you).

To your question, I have used a Void Ball on an enemy Pokemon, and I realized they're basically Shadow Pokemon. That's a cool mechanic and all, but I'm personally not a fan so I'd rather keep my regular party that I've had since the beginning. Well, them and the legendary I earned for myself. :P
    I also didn't realize it was in fact Berylliun and not Beryllium, so my bad!

Years
  • Thanks for sticking to the game this long Necro.

Pokeballs Bug
    I have no idea how that happened, but I noticed it the other day. I have never once edited those files yet somehow the master balls got in there. I'm going to be throwing that change into the next patch once I've accumulated enough changes.

Void Pokemon KO
    I'll look into that and see if there isn't something I can do to fix it. I remember getting Void Pokemon to work right I had to mess around with their experience. Since they can't gain any I don't know if that has something to do with it.

Chase Scene
    I'll try to think of a natural way to indicate that you should run. It's been a reoccurring issue for players and it's something I should address.

Healing Flower
    Funny enough there was one right before the boss fight but it wasn't obvious. It was hidden behind the lighthouse just poking out on the left side. I'll bring that flower to the front. But yes, a full heal should occur after the chase anyways.

Stuck Switches
    I don't think I know which ones you are referring to. Are you referring to one of the paths that lead to an anomaly? This segment of the game is definitely meant to be the most confusing and I guess even talking about it can be a mind game in itself. Indicators for which paths still contain anomalies is something I can do if that's what you are referring to.

As always, thanks again!

Years
  • Thanks for the quick reply! I'm currently making progress and seem to have gotten stuck.

Either I'm incredibly bad at ice puzzles or it's literally impossible to get to the top right switch on this location.
    I've been circling for about 15 minutes and I don't know how to even reach it. There seems to be absolutely no way.
    I also think 20 seconds is way too short, especially for an ice puzzle that has you running around to so many locations, so maybe consider bumping it up to 30. That is, if I ever find my way out of it anyway.

Years
  • The top right switch is definently possible. As soon as you hit the first button go up, left, right, up. You'll be able to reach it then.

Yea, I'll bump it up to 30. Sometimes I forget ice puzzles can be incredibly frustrating. I'm just a sucker for tension and everything is calibrated to me.

Hope this helps

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I really hope there is a simple fix to this but uh, im experiencing a strange issue of being unable to actually Open and run the game, every time i try it keeps saying 'Script 'Audio module Script (FmodEx)' line 26: FmodEx::Error Occured. FMOD error! (6) Error Initializing output device' i just hope this is an issue on my end and that i can easily fix it

Years
  • EDIT: On closer inspection this is different from the FMOD errors I've seen before. Looks like it might have something to do with your playback devices.

Last edited:
    Years
  • So I beat the game. Well, the main plot at least.
    The finale was very epic and I had a lot of fun with this game overall. I don't know when I will get to the postgame, as legendary hunting and such isn't something I like to bother with too much, but I'm sure there's some more plot and loose ends to solve. Overall a fantastic game and I'm glad to have played it!

Here's a few final bugs that I've found throughout my playthrough:
    - This is a defeated fighter that when you talk to it turns into a defeated cadet. It's probably the same sprite sheet facing a certain way.
    - You can walk on these walls in this room in Factory B.

The rest will be in spoiler tags as they are related to the finale and a certain secret quest.

Spoiler:

There were a couple of grammatical errors here and there, but nothing too major and I forgot to screenshot them.

Keep up the great work! Once I start the postgame, if I find any issues, I'll let you know.
    Thank you for a great adventure!

Years
  • Hello again Necro,

Thank you so much for playing my game and taking the time to report all the bugs you found.

I'll definitely be going through and patching them up.

Just a follow up...
    Spoiler:

Until I hear from you again, take care! :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2022
    Have you considered making a discord for this game? It would be easier to discuss the game, personally and would allow people to have an easier time getting access to things like pbs, encounter rate, etc. Just an idea.

Years
  • Have you considered making a discord for this game? It would be easier to discuss the game, personally and would allow people to have an easier time getting access to things like pbs, encounter rate, etc. Just an idea.

I would consider doing it but I don't know the first thing about running a discord sever. Also I don't know how involved I'd have to be in it as I am very busy most days.

Last edited:

Mr.Paradox

Mr.Paradox
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Pokemon Void

hey first of all ,great game but there is a problem with the surfing pokemon when approaching the water ,it doesn't show up but when i land on the floor,swampert shows up instead
    what i'm trying to say is ( Swampert shows up on land not on water)

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    Hi, I've been trying to add the 1.6 patch to the game and I get a "Cannot modify locked archive" message. I use WinRAR for most of my files.

Attachments

• Pokemon Void
      Untitled.png
      332.5 KB · Views: 4
    Years
  • Sorry, I'm a little confused. Are you moving the patch files into the game winrar file? That's what it looks like to me.

In order to use the patch files you need to put them into an extracted version of the game.

I hope this helps

Back