• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Wack Version (Elite Four)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
View attachment 76651
Pokemon Wack Version is a Pokemon Essentials game that may just take pokemon games to the next level.
The game currently has a total of 1050 pokemon, with new original fakemon created by me. There are over 1000 new moves. A total of FOURTY TWO types.
There will be 16 gyms, two regions and two elite fours by the time this project is finished, as well as an extensive postgame.
ALL pokemon will be made available, many pokemon from past games will be available very early on.

One thing that sets this game apart from the others is its high difficulty spikes. The gym leaders are all very difficult and unique, for example, the FIRST gym leader has a Snover and a new pokemon with Ice Body. I don't want to spoil anymore, but you can expect cool strategies like that from the rest of the gym leaders, important trainers and every so often from completely random trainers. The gym leaders will be capable of Mega Evolving their pokemon starting at the third Gym.

There is something which I've partially implemented (Only Kingler and Sharpedo have this): New evolutions that are only accesible by the pokemon knowing an egg move. (Both evolve by knowing ancientpower) Because of this, the Day Care is accessible fairly early on. Now you might be wondering, why would I go through the trouble of doing all that? Well because these new pokemon have monumental stats on par with Mega Evolutions, so they'll make your run through the game much easier, when you finally get them.

Furthermore, as I release new updates I will make sure to add new stuff on previous routes to keep things fresh.

As for the story, I don't want to spoil too much but basically there is a very powerful and rich organization that rules over the region, and a team emerges to take them down because they don't like the way they run things. But who is the true villain?

Pictures
Spoiler:

DOWNLOADS
Current Version:
v0.HALLOWEEN
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ncnhjot2eb6fj5p/Pokemon+Wack+Version+HALLOWEEN.rar

Previous Version:

CREDITS
Parts of the Starter Kit are used in this game. Obviously Pokemon Essentials was used to make this.
I used music made by William TheUnproPro.
I used a few parts of the Gen 6 pack.

Last edited:
Years
Looks like you need a sprite artist. Otherwise, I'd say good work.

Sadly, I myself need a spriter, otherwise I'd direct you to one of mine.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 16, 2021
I-I am not sure what to say, and you've barely edited the essentials maps and put no consideration into anything. I am highly amused and yet highly offended.

Last edited:
Years
I-I am not sure what to say, and you've barely edited the essentials maps and put no consideration into anything. I am highly amused and yet highly offended.

Only the first three maps are barely edited, every thing else was made from scratch.
I don't plan on changing the second town and the first route much more than I already have, but I'm planning on completely reworking the first town.

Last edited:

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
Years
The style of the sprites is... different!

I don't think it's a bad thing though. Since the sprites look like they were drawn in Paint, something that could be really cool is if you used custom graphics also drawn in Paint. Basically, make the entire game look like it was drawn in Paint. It would make the game really unique and it would make your Fakémon blend artistically in with the rest of the game. No one could complain about how the sprites don't look official because it would just be the "artstyle".

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
i am a spriter. you can get me to do something... maybe....
that or you can just follow the advice of Schrroms and make the Paint-y art sytle

Years
Alright newest update released!
It goes to the fifth gym, I've added a few dozen pokemon, about 90 or so moves and went and added new locations and touched up old ones.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I just started playing the game. Some of the sprites are cute!

It would also be nice to have multiple save files, and a randomizer mode for replay value. Also maybe having 40 or so boxes since there are so many Pokemon and I personally want to catch them all.

Few of the sixth generation Pokemon or Fakemon can learn TMs. (For example, neither Fletchling or Swanaper can learn Aerial Ace).

I believe the boy should say 'There's a great place to train at the northeast AREA of town', not 'are'.

Standing next to the fat man in Glacie City or the fat man in Frosty Forest crashes the game by giving the 'The script is taking too long. The game will restart' error. It also says 'Script is hanging'. After that, the events work normally.

You can get infinite yellow Smoballs from the man in Frosty Forest. The yellow Smoball cannot learn Snow Bank (TM111) but Swanaper can?

Swirlix sprite http://picpaste.com/capture000-2xa2o5P2.bmp

I think picnicker Anita should say 'privilege' instead of 'priviledge'.

In the Gourmet City Pokemon Mart, is there a reason you appear on the Bicycle?

Beauty Tuls in the Gourmet Gym says 'placve' I assume you mean place?

Lass Lassy says 'girly thingds' I assume you mean 'things'? And she says "I'm a grill." Is that supposed to be 'girl'?

Gym Leader Lombar should probably say 'I give you discount at my restaurant. You come back anytime now!'

In Ankh Desert, if you go into 'The Room' to get TM10 you are stranded there!

My Pokemon was knocked out by Lady Yuno's Pinsir using Guillotine but it still gained experience from the battle?

For the Spook Sisters in the graveyard tower I believe you mean to say 'Spookier' not spookyer.

Also, is it possible to go up the stairs on the second floor?

Where do you get the Mega Ring?

Since you made Froakie available in the Dewdrop Cavern, would you consider making Chespin and Fennekin available as well, in the Grass Place and Scorching Cavern respectively?

Last edited:
Years
I just started playing the game. Some of the sprites are cute!

It would also be nice to have multiple save files, and a randomizer mode for replay value. Also maybe having 40 or so boxes since there are so
Thanks for the input!
I've adressed the vast majority of these issues and suggestions, and they will be in the newest update!
I realized that "The Room" and the second floor of the graveyard were set to "Action Button" instead of "Player Touch".
I'll definitely increase the boxes, I'll see if I can add more save files and a randomizer.

Years
Update released! There's a pretty long amount of playtime added.
I've added five new player options, though the fifth is unfinished.
I've added unique sprites for some important characters that didn't have their own.
A few Megas have been added and one new pokemon line.
I've added menu icons for some of the pokemon, expect a lot more in the next update.
Many bug fixes have been made, and I've added a few side quests in the earlier parts.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 13, 2018
So, I've started playing this...

I cannot honestly say if this is terrible or ****ing brilliant. I can't complain about custom pokemon/trainer graphics, because I know I'd draw just as bad if not worse. I'll edit in more bugs as I find them.

I love, and I mean I LOVE the concept of so many added pokemon types. Though 'paper' type is kind of silly. What does it's final form mega evolve into? An Encylopedia? xD
Would you be willing to add in an EV/IV screen to a future version?

Bugs/things to fix:
-Oak refers to each starter as Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
-Some of the pokemon essentials notes on the player's starting room are there.
-There are two pokemon essentials NPC downstairs from the starting room.
-The three marts in the second town, is that intentional?
-FluFlamb, Scatterbug, and Bermite have a ? as their sprites in the Pokemon selection screen.
-Scatterbug's battlesprite is missing half of its body.
-Scatterbug and Bunnelby are missing their battle cries.
-Sometimes wild pokemon will not take any action during a turn.
-Vanillite's sprite is very high up in battle.

Idk if in poor taste or hilarious:
-Iceist that screams Alaaaaaah

---
I'd give more feedback, but Wood Hammer Snowver is raaaaapinggg meeeeeeee.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Lots of things

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
New update released with 7 gyms!
I've added more sidequests, added onto areas that didn't really have much, completely redesigned a few maps and added about 40 new move animations.

There are close to 60 new pokemon, 80 new moves, 6 new Megas and 30 new abilities. ALL non-legendary mons from previous games are available.

Also, a few bug fixes and stuff.

NeonGeaso

Neon
Years
could you post pictures in the thread, please. I would like to see some before I decide to demo the game out. and how many fakemon do you intend to place in the game? and also what are the types that you implemented; don't you think 40 is too much to manage and people could get confused?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back