• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Wars: The Alpha OOC/SU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
  • I've changed my mind, CTF. Charmander will be nicknamed Charm in my next post, which will come within an hour.

Ok, I've got a quick question. Are all of our characters in the same story or are we each acting out are own story in parallel worlds? What I mean is, can I hypothetically go into the pokemon center right now and strike up a conversation with the other PC's?

If we are all in this together, this brings up another question. Are we each supposed to beat the Gym leader one after another? If, after we beat him, he is able to take on the next trainer at full strength, how is our mission fulfilled? And say we chose to kill him (as the intro says we can). What would the other trainers do then?

I'd like an answer to these as well.

CTFx

The End has Finally Begun
    Years
  • 1. You are all in the same world, you are even "on a team", but it is really hard for other Players to communicate and interact, but yes you can strike up a conversation with people from other players or posts.

2. That is one bug that I have been dreading over. I'm thinking of a reason for it(without it being too extreme), but ATM, you will have to face him full strength even if he does get killed.

I hope at least answer 1 helps you out! :/

EDIT: I have an idea.

Government Officials and Pokemon Scientists have enhanced Dittos to copy Humans. They simply extract 1 cell from the Human, extract the DNA from that, and put it into a Ditto Egg. Thus, an Exact Replica of the Gym Leader is made from birth, so it takes on the entire life roll of the person. This means a massive Ditto Reproduction Plant to do this, and it will be located in...Celadon City. If you have a better Idea, spam it please!

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • That idea seems quite alright CTF. I'll be sure to implement it when I finish this super long post .

Papa_Squat

Roleplay Guru
    Years
  • Hmmm. I was kinda' thinking that it might be a good idea for us all to team up as a sort of strike force and take down the gym leaders together. Of course, we'd have to bump up the difficulty of the gym leaders (they could be located in heavily protected buildings and have bodyguards or something)

Anyway, it's too late to apply this to the first gym leader, but if we want to do this for future battles, it would foster more PC interaction and it would be more realistic than genetically modified dittos XD

Papa_Squat

Roleplay Guru
    Years
  • I posted up my second post for chapter two, but I'm not going to be able to finish up the chapter in only two posts (as the heading recommends.) If I end up holding up the group from proceeding to the next chapter, go ahead and move on and I'll catch up. Of course, I think we are still waiting on a couple other people, aren't we?

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
  • Government Officials and Pokemon Scientists have enhanced Dittos to copy Humans. They simply extract 1 cell from the Human, extract the DNA from that, and put it into a Ditto Egg. Thus, an Exact Replica of the Gym Leader is made from birth, so it takes on the entire life roll of the person. This means a massive Ditto Reproduction Plant to do this, and it will be located in...Celadon City. If you have a better Idea, spam it please!

I like the idea I guess, but I think it would be more exciting and realistic if you gave each of us individual missions upon reaching a city, for example:

Pewter:

Papa: take out Brock
    Gummy: steal fossils from museum
    etc

and you can always make more stuff up like:

Pumpkinziggy: take out the local enforcer (his name is... his pokemon are...)
    Runner: explode the entrance to Mt. Moon
    etc

and make it so that we could earn the same amount of experience, this way we won't be doing the same things over and over each time we reach a new city, like in other "normal" journey rp's

btw: sorry for the recent inactivity (trying to get to a UC school) :P

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I agree with drunk, all of us traveling the same route will really drag out our post because lots of conversations would arise. There's nothing wrong with all of meeting, but like drunk stated, it will become very "journey-like". Also, this way we can actually kill the leaders without any confusion and we could take turns with each city (of course, this means only one of use will be getting the respective TMs, but I'm okay with that).

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
  • I agree with drunk, all of us traveling the same route will really drag out our post because lots of conversations would arise. There's nothing wrong with all of meeting, but like drunk stated, it will become very "journey-like". Also, this way we can actually kill the leaders without any confusion and we could take turns with each city (of course, this means only one of use will be getting the respective TMs, but I'm okay with that).

Not even, we could get different TMs or prizes for doing different missions, and even trade among each other.

I think that this way, it'll make the RP more interesting, and make it flow better

Papa_Squat

Roleplay Guru
    Years
  • Just letting everyone know that I'm not dead XD
    I've been busy with schoolwork lately, but that should clear up soon. Expect a post tomorrow or Friday at the latest (although Halloween might not be the best day to post on...)

Anyway, I like the separate missions idea. I kinda like the drawn-out conversations, but they do tend to slow down the RP.

I have one question: Are pokemon encounters randomly initiated by the GM or do we RP the encounter and then you will judge whether we catch it based on our post quality?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back