• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Weather Generation

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    Hey guys, the staff and I have been working on a fan-game called Pokemon Weather. The game takes place on combined regions Gohir and Iogho. Both regions have 8 gyms including 2 leagues, Verde League(where you take on the Elite 4) and the Weather League(where the advanced trainers challenge the strongest trainers in the whole of both regions combined.)

Game Region Map:

Relative Location to Hoenn

As you start your game, you'll have the option of choosing one character, be it a guy or girl. Throughout the game, you'll earn 16 badges total, smash the plans of a sinister organization who plans to use sweet berry juice to control and greatly strenghten the abilities and power of a pokemon, capture new pokemon and old, use new features, and explore cool places. Here are somme sprites for the main characters:

Boy Character(Mini sprites CAW[Currently at Work]

Girl Character(Ditto)

Throughout the game, you'll have some traditional pokemon game features alongside some new ones. For example, unlike the old games, you'll able to take care of yourself meaning that you'll now have HP and will be eat(Different foods and berries!) and drink.(water, lemonade, and other juices or milk.) You'll also be able to listen to listen to current events in going on in the region and even use an upgraded calling/e-mail/mail system.

And finally, we'll have the new pokemon I promised. At the moment, we have 120 original ideas for new pokemon and about or above half the sprites done or in editting. While starting the game, you'll be able to choose three cool, new starters and also catch some of the old pokemon.
    As far as legendaries go, similar to legendary pokemon obtainable in R/S and the other games, each person that plays this game will only be able to a few of our new legendaries.
    Here are a three sillhouettes of new pokemon to be revealed soon:

We got no screens at the moment because we're unsure of what we'll use to start making the game. However, we've trying to make up for those missing screens by quickly working on our sprites and stuff so please be patient with us.

Last edited:

sketch

3D animator/movie director
    Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    I hope this turns out really good!Nice story and features by the way!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    I'm glad you finally posted your game here, MetaMew. I think it's awesome how you made the new Pokemon into silhouettes, just like how Nintendo releases them! Well I've already told you what I think on MSN but I think it'll be great!

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
    Years
    This game looks pretty promising. I hope you have some stuff started before you posted this topic. I'm not criticizing you in any way, I've just seen a lot of people post info and promising information, but they haven't even begun working on it yet. Somehow though, I think that this will be an excellent game. I hope to see some screenshots soon as well! :D

AbareMax

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    AbareMax said:
    This game looks pretty promising. I hope you have some stuff started before you posted this topic. I'm not criticizing you in any way, I've just seen a lot of people post info and promising information, but they haven't even begun working on it yet. Somehow though, I think that this will be an excellent game. I hope to see some screenshots soon as well! :D

AbareMax

He has posted progress, a storyline, a map, some sprites, has 120 Pokemon planned out, and has a team put together. They do have stuff done for sure and that's a sure sign this game will last awhile at PC. It will last awhile, but whether it will ever be completed is up to how much effort that is put into it. I'm really liking the little silhoettes, they look like they are in proportion and everything. Great map design and some cool new features. Keep it up! I hope to see more.

KARR

Master Nerd
    Years
    That map must've took time, eh?
    XD

But I see a mistake... I always see mistakes... *hits self*

Well, know the gigantic lake in the connection of the two regions? The colours are like contour lines. It fits not. On one side it be dark, and on de other it be a lot lighter... that not be like good.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    lol yeah a closer look shows the lines are out by one pixel just a minor mistake! But your work is very good! Anyway good luck and let the force be with you!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    AbareMax said:

AbareMax
    The game has been in progress for well over 6 months. MetaMew and his team have been planning everything from new Pokemon, trainers, locations story etc. So I'm pretty confident it will be a lasting game.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    I agree with Phoenix, this will be a lasting game. I used to help him out with stuff on his old version (like a day and nigh system). I'm glad metamew posted here about this game, cause he needs a good game making team. I would love to help him out, but i'll find myself getting really Pi$$*d off with having 3 games to work on. But Im always here if he needs little things done, like different systems (that is if he choses to work with RM2k3), and I'll give him the Silk battle system (which is a CBS- custom battle system so that battles are the same as the actual games- instead of the default battle system in RM2K3) if he wanted it- just because I've always wanted to help him out .
    To metamew: you know were to find me if you want my help (cough link in my sig cough)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Whoa! Half a year in preparations and trying to figure out trainers, stories, and new Pokemon and still haven't started on programming the game?! I believe this game and its creators are very serious about this and possibly will have it completed when the time comes. Hearing that little bit of information has boosted my confidence in this promising project! :) Awesome work MetaMew!

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    PKMN_Sage said:
    Whoa! Half a year in preparations and trying to figure out trainers, stories, and new Pokemon and still haven't started on programming the game?! I believe this game and its creators are very serious about this and possibly will have it completed when the time comes. Hearing that little bit of information has boosted my confidence in this promising project! :) Awesome work MetaMew!

Actually, I started out with ideas for this game since April 04. Our forum was made 2 months after that and since I wasn't a spriter or a programmer at the time, we had no real progress until like August-September. Even now, I'm not a very good spriter but I'm working on becoming even better. As the game maker we'll use, I've constantly thought about using rpgmaker but then again, I would have to worry about chipsets, pokemon move animations, all these other stuff. On top of that, I've had alot of disappoints with rmaker so I'll still have to think twice about using it.

Years
    Nice map, very detailed but as has already been pointed out there are a few errors; As RM2k3kid pointed out, the water lines are off.

I'm liking what you've got so far, and I'm looking forward to hearing more updates regarding the game.

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
    Years
    From the sounds of your first post, it looks like this game will be an online game? Correct me if I'm wrong. If so, that would be a huge leap in Pok?mon fan games. I hope I'm right :D

AbareMax

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, I wish you a lot of luck to you and your team. Nice plot and map. Hope to see much development.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    The has map been updated(See first post). I also made a cheap screen to show what it would be like to play as a main character. Once again, it's not the real thing, it's just a cheap screen.

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    The game looks promising MetaMew. Good luck on it and can't wait for it to be finnished.

Darrax

Rmxp game maker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2005
    Metamew, The screenshot posted has a default message look.
    you should use the transparent picture one you see in all the games..
    and you should of looked at the tree's you know..

anyway keep us updated! :D

Back