• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon White

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    This game is rm2k3

Hey I'm making a pokemon fan game called version White, in my version you can choose to be in Team Aqua or you can be a Hero. When you select Hero mode you are trying to find out what Team Aqua are doing with the mad sientist, Professer Krane, who is trying to make the best pokemon in the world. In Aqua mode you can be with Professer Krane but you help him create a diffrent plan than in Hero mode.

I got some screens right now, some of you probly seen it in GW, but anyways here they are

If you see an X then drag it to you address bar

http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v197/Menago/Battle_Update.bmp
    (Its BMP up there so its a link to make this page faster)

Screen7.jpg
    screen_6.jpg

screen8.jpg
    Gender.jpg

Naming.jpg
    out.jpg

bag.jpg
    Save.jpg

Arcade.gif
    my_intro.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay everyone, I think I'm ready to tell everyone what is going to make it more funner (I hope).

My Pokemon game is going to have mor shops, and biuldings than the other, the new ones that I thoght of is:

T.V. Store

Car shop

Toy Store

Mall

Pet shop/Pokemon shop *Every pokemon you see you can buy, but its multiplyed by the type, level, and number, and is added by 1,000$*

Electronics store

and many more are coming.

I am also planning some more stuff that you can do, such as driving a car,also in Aqua mode you can Drive your own Helicopter but you can't do it in my first demo.

Last edited:

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
  • Okay, that sounds cool, but you just posted it after I started a thread about Light WHITE and Space Black...

...Hmm...

Well...

It might work out...

Okay, I guess there can be two whites :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    Pine said:
    Okay, that sounds cool, but you just posted it after I started a thread about Light WHITE and Space Black...
    I didn't know, but I posted my game about 2 months ago in Gaming World, I hope you don't mind.

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
  • Oh, Gaming world is another site...I see...No, I'm not a member there so I wouldn't know! :D

But yeah, it's cool.

But so there isn't too much confusion, could you please make it ______ White? That way people can distinguish between the "whites"

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • When I saw the title, I said, "isn't this guy from GW?"

Anyway, welcome home, Pok?fan RM2K-er. Not a place on the web like this one! I'm the mod here, in case you were wondering.

Of course, I have the obligatory comments. I'll go screen by screen.

1) First thing that struck me was the graphics. These aren't rips, are they? There are certain inconsistencies that make 'em look different... slightly. That's not a bad thing necessarily, but based on your other screens it's apparent you're trying to replicate some of the preset Pok?mon standards, such as the grass animation when you step on it (nice lookin' :)). Another comment I have is the water. Towards the bottom of the screen it is the dark, ocean water. This leads into (abruptly) the light, reflective, pond water. Like I said, abrupt. Try to stay consistent.

2) Nice CNS. It looks great. Meerkat whipped up a CNS for our group project, so I'd be curious to see how the two compare. Nice R/S graphic rip (or is it?). In my game, I prefer to work on this kind of complicated stuff last if I feel it's necessary. But for me, the Enter Hero Name command is just fine :)! Whatever works for you though ;)

3) Looks just like in R/S. This was the scene I was too lazy to do in my game that I was planning on doing in the end once I get all the more essential stuff done first. Great!

4) The Pokeball diagram on the floor looks weird somehow... not sure what it is. Also, there's no escalater! Oh well. No need for an upper floor anyway...

5) Looks good, but you should add some more detail background. I know it's Pokemon "White," but that doesn't mean the game has to look bland. The Torchic sprite is distorted, and the Wurmple sprite needs to be a little to the left. Also, you should be consistent with your font, IMHO.

6) Looks good, but a little to... regular. The paths are perfectly lined up like in blocks, and traditional PKMN map design usually features irregular paths and randomly placed stuff. I also see some weird overlap where the house on the right is on top of the path.

7) No comment.

This is lookin' good! And I'm sorry how the folks at GW sorta bashed this game. It doesn't deserve it. Keep it up!

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
  • I like it too, but there is still the question of if there could be a pre-name before white. I'm making Pokemon Light White and Space Black, and it would be confusing as to which 'white' someone is talking about, if that ever came up.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    These are rips but I changed them a little, i'm still try to riping so the spots are not filled in, the pokeball thing you'll see next week in the demo version, and I didn't have a prename, I can try to find a way to show its mine.

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
  • DarkMage31 said:
    Why don't you make a thread for your game, Pine?
    Ahem, I did. That's why I noticed this one, because I am making Pokemon Light White and Space Black Versions, and I just happened to notice that this one was just plain White. That's why I suggested a pre name, mine is 'Light.' I didn't want confusion when both of the white versions were finished.

PS If you searched under my name you would've seen I have one for mine.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • hey mena, welcome to pc! keep up the good work...
    Oh, Pine your game is a hack and this is an rm2k(3) game so there is a big difference so people aren't gonna get confused.

Years
  • Hi! I like your CNS did you do it yourself? My fav. picture is the little town you did, and I like your title screen!

DM has got a point about your text inconsistancy, you should try to have the same text for the boy/girl screen, in-game text, and battle text. Also, your battle needs a bit of colour. Other than that, great! keep up the good work.

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
  • Okay, thanks pheonix, but first...I need to know...

What rm2k means :D
    What's the difference between that and a hack

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    rm2k is a game maker, its were you start from scratch and build your way up on a game, a hack is were you edit a game, so you don't really code that much.

In the demo I won't be able to have the battle system because I'm redoing the coding and the graphics, also try checking this forum out because of my demo could be ready any day now, another thing is I always forget that the battle screen is on battle mode.

The town I changed it more because it looks too empty.

Last edited:

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
  • Thank you Mena. Hope you do well with the game!

------------------------------------------------------
    Added Later:
    When you say my game is a hack, pheonix, are you saying that I'm just recoloring and editing sprites then? Because, especially if you look at my updates on the LW & SB thread, I am redoing EVERYTHING, using a concept that nobody at all (Unless Darkmage's Lunar and Solar Versions take place at any time in space, and I'm starting to think that it probably doesn't...Darkmage please correct me if I'm wrong) has ever thought of! Just see the updates on my thread to know what I mean.

PS If it turns out that it's closer to this stuff than a hack, Mena, you will have to think of a pre name because then I'll be here with my white too...and we can't call them Mena's White and Pine's Light White...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    Pine yours would go to the hacking forum because rm2k is diffrent then hacking so I think no one would really get confused.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    Sorry for the Which being wrong, I was on my dumb labtop when I did that, I'll fix it and its not my title.

Back