• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon: Wisteria

What should I call this hack?

• Pokemon Wisteria

Votes: 93 53.4%
  • Pokemon Mauve

Votes: 48 27.6%
  • Pokemon Floral

Votes: 33 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
  • Pokemon: Wisteria BETA 1.0 RELEASED

POKEMON WISTERIA
    ~Pokemon Hacks are like puddings. Puddings with the most effort into making and totally homemade taste better (GB/C Hacks) than Puddings made with least amount of effort and cake mixes (GBA Hacks)~

Introduction
    On my second run through Pokemon Brown, it got me thinking. Hacking. Where did it all start? I looked through my drawers of stuff I used to make when I was younger and pulled out a small cardboard box. Inside was tons of paper drawings of fake pokemon, maps of towns and cities that dont exist, scrap paper of storylines and plots. I hadnt opened this box since I was 8 years old.
    I set to work...

Version
    Pokemon Red - Yes, I've gone totally old school.

Plot
    The story is set 2 years after Red's story occurs. A young female who lives on Eins Island awakens from a disturbing dream, a strange old man telling her about a Vulpix stolen by the Schwarz Gang. She is also late for school! She quickly rushes from Möhre Town - Where she lives - to Erdbeer Village. As she enters the village she is stopped by her best friend Li. They quickly run to the school to pick up their Pokedex and their first Pokemon. When they get there they are confronted by an angry teacher.
    The story unfolds from there...

Characters

Protagonist - A young female just turned 15. She never got a Pokemon when she was eligable. Her parents wanted her to study first. Her father disappeared in a freak accident on her 13th birthday when out researching Pokemon and she has had nightmares about him almost every night since.

Li - The protagonist's best friend. He is often getting into trouble at school and dislikes doing work. He lives with his older sister who is always very kind.

"Teacher" - A strange woman who believes discipline comes before education. She often has a freakout when she gets excited and holds many secrets.

Professer Oak - The protagonist's father. Was killed when researching.

Features

-Every map has changed
    I want this hack to be a complete overhaul. I want to throw the player into a new world!

-All text is changed
    This is needed for the story.

-New tiles
    I've added new tiles which are a mix of my own and some ripped from Firered and Ruby.

-A visit to a personal favourite region
    Let's just say Brown/Prism fans will be happy.

-Slight Music Change
    I've changed some of the music in the game. It will become obvious when you start a new game hehe.

-Genetically Modified Pokemon
    The Schwarz Gang have no love for Pokemon. When they capture a Pokemon they send it to their lab to be modified to have no emotion and to grow stronger much faster. They also teach these Pokemon cruel ways and often force them to learn attacks they don't normally learn.

-Train
    Yeah. The train from Gold and Silver makes a return. But not how you'd think.

-Virtual Reality Chamber
    Wow. A virtual world in a virtual world? How crazy! The virtual reality chamber allows you to explore places and capture pokemon not native to the region. The reality you will explore will most probably be a cross between Kanto and Rijon.

Screenshots
    5958362c4080def928c49edb506f66f85465611.png
    5958365b89ccf4e665d58cceccd2d58567e5c5d.png
    59583683c4e5aa71a3b4013ba09e3ab21b84a7d.png
    59583715e877d1b39e6d880d33cede0393863cc.png
    59583743a1f410f33a3d26f408ee55805e4ec83.png
    595837747a8bc07b0c73841f82b0d157549bea1.png
    59583802337b54c94b952315cb75c28042a1285.png
    59583837745d9c09221200d9fad9022257217d1.png
    2lwlz4p.png

Download
    Beta 1.0 - One Gym - Done
    Beta 1.1
    ---Fixes various text errors.
    ---Fixes map errors.
    ---Better looking tree tile.

Beta 2.0 - Two Gyms - Done
    Beta 2.1 -
    ---Toned down encounter levels
    ---Added SHOES to Mart in Brunette

Beta 2.2 -
    ---Fixed Growl attack somewhat
    ---Fixed Cinnabar Mart
    ---Changed SHOES text
    ---SHOES no longer has strange spacing

Beta 2.3 - (Check attachment)
    ---Fixed Item names and Trainer names
    ---Blocked off sea route again
    ---Changed encounter data for Route 15
    NOTE: Music for the sea route is slightly messed up. It will be fixed next beta.

Beta 3.0 - Five Gyms - 45%
    Beta 4.0 - Eight Gyms - 25%
    Final - Final - 12%

Credit
    Coolboyman ~ For LOTS of help. Couldn't thank him enough.
    Sawakita ~ For intro Pokemon Editor and other help.
    Iron Nidow ~ Yellow Sprites in Red patch.

Last edited:

~Red

Years
  • woah a Pokemon Red hack, I haven't seen many of these O.o

Good Luck with it though :)

Hehe. I wanted a challenge. It's challenging for two reasons:

1. Not many tools for it.
    2. You use alot of HEX and ASM.
    3. Not many people like it so popularity will fail.

Hehe, glad it made the showcase, you can see the previouse thread in Scrapbox (admins lock it please).

~Red

Years
  • the trees + mini tree looks like from r/s/e or is that just me .
    well the screenshots look great !
    good luck .

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!! Finally someone noticed XD.

Hehe. Yes, they are from R/S/E ;)

Thanks for the comment.

Anyone going to play the BETA?

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Wow, in the Hacks Showcase already? That's great! I hope you finish this unique hack.
    Good luck.

~Red

Years
  • I'm playing the beta and I was wondering how to jump over the rocks? BTW the beta's awesome!^_^

Only some parts of the rocks are jumpable. It's kinda hard to explain hehe.

Update: Fixed all the text errors that were in the Beta and I've mapped out Apfel Town and Route 2. I'm going to give you a surprise next update...

Also, anyone want to make some support banners?

~Red

Years
  • I haven't seen many hacks that use Pokémon Red as a ROM base.
    Anyway, I was wondering. Who made the tiles? Because they look quite nice. :P
    Good luck with it!

I ripped them from Pokemon Ruby and Gold. The tree was edited slightly so that it would fit into the tileset.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • You makde me thing oh no dont tell me hes joining the mass of gba hackers due to demand. Then i saw the red part and i twitched. Wth hell is he complaining bout if he jumped a generation. Then i saw the r/s/e tiled trees and i snapped it in my brain. heb is using red as a rom base with semi gba graphix to please everyone. Frikin ace mate! Good luck on this wonderfull hack!

~Red

Years
  • You makde me thing oh no dont tell me hes joining the mass of gba hackers due to demand. Then i saw the red part and i twitched. Wth hell is he complaining bout if he jumped a generation. Then i saw the r/s/e tiled trees and i snapped it in my brain. heb is using red as a rom base with semi gba graphix to please everyone. Frikin ace mate! Good luck on this wonderfull hack!

Wow! Nice comment! Thanks for the luck ;)

The big update I was talking about will surprise you even more (hehe).

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • good hack I haven't seen many red or blue hacks being worked on.

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • Hey this Red hack looks great, ashandmisty.
    You know I support this... like I support all old generation hacks.

Wisteria sounds like a nice name.

Last edited:

halowizard

I will END you
    Years
  • banner

Here I made a banner for you:

HTML:
    [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4078909"][IMG]http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/halowizard11/X.png[/IMG][/URL]

Btw I tried the beta and I couldn't stop playing!
    I love 1st and 2nd gen. hacks! Great work!

~Red

Years
  • Cool cool. You do know who this is right?(my initials are DC_93)
    hmm...rings a bell!! Not sure though...

What's the button combo to press to jump over the rocks?
    There is no button combo. Just simply walk into it like you hop over ledges. Only some rocks you can hop over ;)

good hack I haven't seen many red or blue hacks being worked on.
    That's why I wanted to make it. To have a challenge, hacking and popularity wise.

Hey this Red hack looks great, ashandmisty.
    You know I support this... like I support all old generation hacks.

Wisteria sounds like a nice name.
    I'm glad you do! I'm thinking about going with Wisteria now ;) but ill leave it for a month to see how the poll is doing.

Here I made a banner for you:

HTML:
    [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4078909"][IMG]http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/halowizard11/X.png[/IMG][/URL]

Btw I tried the beta and I couldn't stop playing!
    I love 1st and 2nd gen. hacks! Great work!

Wow! Thanks! I'll add the support banner thingy to first post. I'm glad you like it so much!

Ok, this isn't the big update I was talking about, this is just a small update. I want you're opinion. Should I include a map from Rijon or Beta Johto?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back