• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon X Digimon World

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2022
    Introduction

Pokemon X Digimon World

Hello, there I'm working on a game in Pokemon Essentials that recreates Digimon World.
    But adds Pokemon mechanics and new Digimon that weren't present in Digimon World 1.
    I grew up with Pokemon but my first console that wasn't a handheld was a PlayStation.
    I had Digimon World 1 and 2 and those games were my obsession along with my Gameboy Pokemon games.
    I thought it would be interesting to revisit the idea of Digimon World with a Pokemon twist combining two of my biggest childhood passions.

Story

Now my plot is going to follow Digimon World 1s however I'm going to add locations from other Digimon games and media and really try to build out the world.
    The Game begins with the player being sent to the digital world where they meet there Digimon and begin their quest.
    Jijimon the elder of file city gives you the mission to recruit Digimon for the City and help it grow.
    You'll encounter all different types of Digimon and locations advancing the town along the way with new facilities to help you and your Digimon.​

Features

•As many Digimon I can possibly fit in the game!
    •A huge expansive world with many secrets and missions;
    •Dungeons in the style of Digimon World 2;
    •Many different types of evolution using stones, locations, moves learnt and stats;
    •They ability for any Digimon to learn any moves;
    •Pokeballs aren't a thing, instead breeding and the purchase of Digitama(eggs) will be the main way to acquire Digimon;
    •Medals will replace Badges and have various ways to be obtained but mostly from tourneys;
    •New attacks based on Digimon techniques;
    •13 new types based on the attributes of Digimon.​

Progress Report

So far I have most of the starting town File City made this includes a training area with EV training items and a daycare type facility.
    I've made a few of the Baby Digimon I'm using the sprites from DS games where available and making my own back sprites and entire sets where needed.

Screenshots

General Screens
    Spoiler:

Baby Digimon Sprites I've made so far.
    Pokemon X Digimon World

Credits

Tiles used made by Alistair,Kyle-Dove,Sagaxxy,​

Thanks for checking this out! Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2019
    I love the idea. I hope you finish this project.
    Are you planning put kimeramon into the game?

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2022
    I love the idea. I hope you finish this project.
    Are you planning put kimeramon into the game?

Yeah for sure! Would be an interesting one evolution wise. I'm picturing a place where if you bring an NPC each of the components he gives you an evolution item for Kimeramon. Kimeramon would also be a pretty cool boss!

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2019
    Thank you! Kimeramon it's my favorite digimon. I'm really looking foward to this game.

Years
    • Seen today
    From where we will buy the eggs to add digimons to our team?
    We will have 1 option to get the parnter or mulitple options?

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2022
    From where we will buy the eggs to add digimons to our team?
    We will have 1 option to get the parnter or mulitple options?

Well in the first town there is an NPC that you can buy Digitama from. They aren't overly expensive and more will be unlocked as the game progresses.

You will have a choice between Punimon and Botamon at the start but you can buy more eggs straight away.

Last edited:
    Back