• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X & Y: Team Rater/ Improvements

azlirzli

Lee of Leneka
Years
  • (^_^)hello guys, Lee here! (^_^)

I've never posted or started threads so this will be my first one (I hope no one's written a similar thread because I'm really sorry for wasting your time!) The reason why I've written this (or am writing this) is because I would of course, like to be more positively-involved in the community, seek help and also help people!

This thread will mainly be about people's teams and how they can be improved, be it for competitive gameplay or just the in-game story mode. Feel free to share your teams! For now, I'll start with mine, please help and guide me on how I can improve my team!

Pokemon X (Non-Competitive Team)
    1. Charizard (Blaze) - Heat Wave, Fly, Dragon Claw, Flamethrower
    2. Swampert (Torrent) - Surf, Waterfall, Earthquake, Ice Beam
    3. Chesnaught (Overgrow) - Seed Bomb, Grass Pledge, Spiky Shield, Brick Break
    4. Gardevoir (Synchronise) - Psychic, Thunderbolt, Dazzling Beam, Draining Kiss
    5. Aegislash (Stance Change) - Sacred Sword, Swords Dance, Iron Head, Shadow Claw
    6. ((NEED YOUR SUGGESTIONS))

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    We actually already have an entire section devoted to competitive battling and helping people improve right here. And idk if we need to have a singular thread in X/Y for improving people's in-game teams either.

But you are asking on how to improve your X/Y in-game team so I'll take a crack at that.

Grass Pledge is really only of use in double battles, and only if you specifically run a Pokemon alongside it that uses one of the other Pledge moves. Chesnaught also has better Attack than Sp.Attack, so physical moves would be preferred, though your only other option there is Wood Hammer. If you still want to use a special Grass attack on it, Energy Ball and Grass Knot are more damaging alternatives.

Your team has the Gym Leader and Elite 4 types covered, and you have 3 of the 4 important HMs covered, so the 6th slot doesn't necessarily have anything that NEEDS to go in there. Your team is not terribly fast though so something speedy would probably be useful. Look for something with more than base 100 Speed that wouldn't overlap much with another one of yours Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    We actually already have an entire section devoted to competitive battling and helping people improve right here. And idk if we need to have a singular thread in X/Y for improving people's in-game teams either.

I thought we were all banished from ever speaking about in game teams ever again in that section, and that we were only allowed to talk about in game teams in their respective sections

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Have you considered having a dragon-type on your sixth slot, such as Garchomp or Salamence? I understands that Charizard becomes dragon once it mega-evolves into its X form, but do you feel it would be better to have a full-fledged dragon Pokémon with you?

azlirzli

Lee of Leneka
    Years
  • We actually already have an entire section devoted to competitive battling and helping people improve right here. And idk if we need to have a singular thread in X/Y for improving people's in-game teams either.

But you are asking on how to improve your X/Y in-game team so I'll take a crack at that.

Grass Pledge is really only of use in double battles, and only if you specifically run a Pokemon alongside it that uses one of the other Pledge moves. Chesnaught also has better Attack than Sp.Attack, so physical moves would be preferred, though your only other option there is Wood Hammer. If you still want to use a special Grass attack on it, Energy Ball and Grass Knot are more damaging alternatives.

Your team has the Gym Leader and Elite 4 types covered, and you have 3 of the 4 important HMs covered, so the 6th slot doesn't necessarily have anything that NEEDS to go in there. Your team is not terribly fast though so something speedy would probably be useful. Look for something with more than base 100 Speed that wouldn't overlap much with another one of yours Pokemon.
    Ahhh, I didnt know that there was already a thread like this but thank you very much for your sugegstions :)

Have you considered having a dragon-type on your sixth slot, such as Garchomp or Salamence? I understands that Charizard becomes dragon once it mega-evolves into its X form, but do you feel it would be better to have a full-fledged dragon Pokémon with you?
    I'll think about that!! Thank you!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I thought we were all banished from ever speaking about in game teams ever again in that section, and that we were only allowed to talk about in game teams in their respective sections
    Yes, but I didn't tell him anyone to post there for in-game team help.

Back