• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Y - Bottom Screen Flicker Bug

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    I was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue I'm currently experiencing. The Youtube link is a short clip illustrating my issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rENqqpbffHU

This bug only happens upon taking the first step when exiting a building or standing up from a bench. Upon the first step the bottom screen will dim for a second and return to it's previous level of brightness. Accompanying the dimming will be an electrical static buzz.

As far as I can tell it's nothing major and just annoying at worse. I did check my Pokemon and they are not afflicted by status effects.

If you are experiencing the same issue please post if you're using a 3DS or 3DSXL and if it's a digital download or cartridge.

I'm playing on a 3DS with the Y version digital download.

EDIT: Had to untag the Youtube link as it viewed it as broken.

Years
  • Indeed, this happens for me. It's caused when changing between walking and using the roller skates, although I have no idea why it happens. And for the record, I'm using a physical copy of X.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Indeed, this happens for me. It's caused when changing between walking and using the roller skates, although I have no idea why it happens. And for the record, I'm using a physical copy of X.

Thanks for the response. For a moment there I thought I was the only one suffering with this issue and it might have been a hardware problem.

Hopefully it is a rather harmless unlike the Lumiose City save bug.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue I'm currently experiencing. The Youtube link is a short clip illustrating my issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rENqqpbffHU

This bug only happens upon taking the first step when exiting a building or standing up from a bench. Upon the first step the bottom screen will dim for a second and return to it's previous level of brightness. Accompanying the dimming will be an electrical static buzz.

As far as I can tell it's nothing major and just annoying at worse. I did check my Pokemon and they are not afflicted by status effects.

If you are experiencing the same issue please post if you're using a 3DS or 3DSXL and if it's a digital download or cartridge.

I'm playing on a 3DS with the Y version digital download.

EDIT: Had to untag the Youtube link as it viewed it as broken.

I'm not sure about the reason, but does it have something to do with Power Saving mode? ~_~

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    I'm not sure about the reason, but does it have something to do with Power Saving mode? ~_~

I've turned the Power Save function off and still get the issue.

I was able to eliminate the main issue to the transition between the running shoes and skates. This issue doesn't happen if I use Item Finder (meaning I'm not wearing skates).

Though this issue is only triggered upon exiting a building or standing up from a bench. If you stop in the field then continue skating it doesn't happen.

Reactions: Sun

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I assumed it was Power Saver Mode, but I guess not. I do experience the problem.

It would be nice if pokemon had fewer Black Out, White Out, Or sudden flashing like this. It is heck on the eyes at night.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    I'm convinced that it's not a bug and it's more of a feedback to you switching from the roller stakes to normal walking. The black flash on the lower screen is just more of a strange design decision than anything else.

Back