• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Y Questions

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Let's just say I've always been late on getting the new Pokemon games because I'm not that young anymore. I recently bought Y and enjoy it so far; I have Moon, Ultra Sun, Alpha Sapphire, and B/B2 and am now hopping on the Y train. When looking at my team plans, there are some Pokemon that would be nice to have but require a trade, like Rhyperior, Alakazam, etc. I don't have a second 3DS and have no friends who play Pokemon anymore. Because this game came out in what, 2012 or 2013, I don't know if trading is still a thing; I know wonder trade existed and don't know if it still is a thing though. I've heard of GameFreak stopping some of these online services a few years after the game's release. Is this the case for Pokemon X and Y? I'm not too interested in battling but could definitely make use of some final evolution Pokemon from trading.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    You can still trade online in X and Y, the wifi service hasn't been shut down for them yet. There's probably not a lot of people using the GTS in 6th gen, so if you have no luck with that, you could try posting in our Trade Corner and see what comes of that.

Back