• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yellow hack: Pokemon Yellow - 151

Years
  • Hi Razormine and Diddlemyloins, I am having the same problem. Are there any updates on this?
    I have yet to hear from this user, however, if you could provide me with the same information I asked them about, that would help! So far, you are the only two who I've heard of having this issue, so it's really hard for me to see what's going on. I've tested Yellow 151 on at least 3 different emulators, each running on completely different hardware and cannot recreate this issue, myself.

edit I'm sorry, I forgot that what I've asked them was in a DM, so I'll ask you for this: Emulation Software you are using (mGBA? Gambatte? MyOldBoyAdvance? etc.), Hardware (Android Phone, Retron 5, Raspberry Pi, SNES classic, etc.), and Yellow 151 patch number (check this in Celadon Mansion on the developer computer).

Years
  • I have no plans to add this, myself. However, if there was a hack which makes ONLY that change, it should be compatible with my hack - I would just patch using the gender selector hack first, and then mine.

umm, I'm not sure if there's a specific gender select hack out there for yellow but I tried something similar to your Blue 151 game (meaning there was a specific gender select hack for blue/red available on the RHDN site and then tried to patch Blue 151 last) and that game crashed bigtime {using the latest version of BGB emulator} after choosing either a boy or girl and naming the player. so at least for Blue 151, the gender select Blue/Red and Blue 151 patches cannot be safely combined as it turned out they're not compatible with each other.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen today
    I have yet to hear from this user, however, if you could provide me with the same information I asked them about, that would help! So far, you are the only two who I've heard of having this issue, so it's really hard for me to see what's going on. I've tested Yellow 151 on at least 3 different emulators, each running on completely different hardware and cannot recreate this issue, myself.

edit I'm sorry, I forgot that what I've asked them was in a DM, so I'll ask you for this: Emulation Software you are using (mGBA? Gambatte? MyOldBoyAdvance? etc.), Hardware (Android Phone, Retron 5, Raspberry Pi, SNES classic, etc.), and Yellow 151 patch number (check this in Celadon Mansion on the developer computer).
    Hi Razormine, I am using Delta Emulator for iPhone 14 Pro. I did check the patch number and it is V3.0. Everything else has worked perfectly! You did an awesome job on this, I always wanted to be able to catch all 151 on my own! Could you please confirm what Pokemon are available in the Exchange Corner? If we cannot figure out why the game is crashing, I will probably just end up using a cheat code to make those Pokemon appear in the wild. Thanks in advance!

Years
  • The first window has Slowpoke (120 coins), Clefairy (750), and Eevee (3000).
    The second window has Scyther (5500), Pinsir (5500), and Porygon (6500).
    The third window has Moon Stone (800), Dome Fossil (2000), and Helix Fossil (2000). - So Kabuto and Omanyte, effectively

Can you describe the steps in the crash? I've just checked all this info, once again, using the game (so not my notes or looking in the data) on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ using Gambatte. I can't get any crashes to trigger.
    Does it crash as soon as you check a window? It seems like you can't even see what they offer. I thought maybe it crashed when you tried to cash-in your coins and buy the items/pokemon. Do you have the coin case with you? do you have coins?

Years
  • umm, I'm not sure if there's a specific gender select hack out there for yellow but I tried something similar to your Blue 151 game (meaning there was a specific gender select hack for blue/red available on the RHDN site and then tried to patch Blue 151 last) and that game crashed bigtime {using the latest version of BGB emulator} after choosing either a boy or girl and naming the player. so at least for Blue 151, the gender select Blue/Red and Blue 151 patches cannot be safely combined as it turned out they're not compatible with each other.
    can you link the patch to me? I would like to try it out!

edit: If you are talking about this hack: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/8100/ , there is quite a bit of behind the scenes that this hack also implements which does come into conflict. Like, engine stuff, not just a simple sprite swap. I believe, but have neither tested nor can confirm, that if there were a special hack which simply swaps the player sprite with a custom/imported sprite (whatever gender or style), the hack should work - I think the entire game even avoids referring to your character's gender (which is helpful). I would probably run THAT patch first, and then mine, if I were to test it out.

Last edited:
    Back