• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yellow hack: Pokemon Yellow Plus (151 Hack+Surfing Pikachu)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 22, 2020
Thank you for this hack, I was able to catch the mew. I did however notice a bug. Whenever mew's first move is transform, when caught the Pokemon being caught is a ditto instead of a mew. I was able to reproduce this 2 times. Whenever mew's first move is something else it is fine.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 9, 2024
Hey, thanks for this hack. Was looking for something that was basically regular Yellow but with some minor fixes/updates. Question: would you be interested in fixing the accuracy issue where moves that are supposed to be 100% accurate can still miss? If it's even possible to fix. I assume so, but I dunno lol

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 9, 2024
Oh yeah, I noticed that the Pokemon names have lowercase letters now instead of every letter being capitalized. Not complaining, would be a weird thing to complain about I think lol, but is that on purpose? Just thought I'd check since I didn't see a mention about it and other names are still fully capitalized like Trainer and town names.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 9, 2024
Oh, hey, 1 more question. So, I just wanted to make sure the Focus Energy/Dire Hit glitch was fixed. Reason I ask is because I'm using a Primeape with FE, and I don't really feel like I'm getting more critical hits than normal. I know Primeape isn't the fastest Pokemon in the world, but its base speed is still 95 which isn't too bad. I could just be getting unlucky, but I thought I'd ask to be sure it was definitely fixed.

Years
Oh, hey, 1 more question. So, I just wanted to make sure the Focus Energy/Dire Hit glitch was fixed. Reason I ask is because I'm using a Primeape with FE, and I don't really feel like I'm getting more critical hits than normal. I know Primeape isn't the fastest Pokemon in the world, but its base speed is still 95 which isn't too bad. I could just be getting unlucky, but I thought I'd ask to be sure it was definitely fixed.

I used the universal randomizer's option to fix that so it should work properly

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 9, 2024
Did the randomizer nerf Focus Energy at all as far as you're aware? 'cuz originally it was intended to multiply your critical hit ratio by 4. Like I said, I know this is just anecdotal evidence since it's just what I'm experiencing, but I just don't feel like I'm getting as many critical hits with Primeape as I should be. I played a Blue hack where the hacker also fixed FE, and in that I used a Nidoking, who is slower than Primeape (though not by a lot), and I feel like I was getting critical hits more regularly with Nidoking than I am with Primeape.

Years
Did the randomizer nerf Focus Energy at all as far as you're aware? 'cuz originally it was intended to multiply your critical hit ratio by 4. Like I said, I know this is just anecdotal evidence since it's just what I'm experiencing, but I just don't feel like I'm getting as many critical hits with Primeape as I should be. I played a Blue hack where the hacker also fixed FE, and in that I used a Nidoking, who is slower than Primeape (though not by a lot), and I feel like I was getting critical hits more regularly with Nidoking than I am with Primeape.

I think it sets up focus energy to work like in later gens, only doubling the chance. But I honestly don't know

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 9, 2024
Ah, that could be the case. Well, if so, that's kinda unfortunate since I think the appeal of Focus Energy in Gen 1 was how busted it was supposed to be haha. If you get a chance to look into it further, I personally would like to see Focus Energy/Dire Hit quadruple your critical hit ratio like how it was intended to be originally in Red/Blue/Yellow (if it's not already behaving that way and I'm just getting horrible luck with my Primeape)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 9, 2024
Oh yeah, I think someone else brought this up as well, but with the Moon Stone replacing the Poke Doll at the Celadon Department Store, you can't get the Mimic TM from the Copycat in Saffron since the Celadon Dept. Store is the only place in the game to get a Poke Doll

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 4, 2021
Hi all, I'm kinda new to roms as such. I'm currently using my old boy on my andriod phone to play pokemon yellow. The rom that I was using worked. However, when I try to play this rom, it doesn't work?

Any guidance greatly appreciated

Years
Hi all, I'm kinda new to roms as such. I'm currently using my old boy on my andriod phone to play pokemon yellow. The rom that I was using worked. However, when I try to play this rom, it doesn't work?
Any guidance greatly appreciated

This is a patch that needs to be applied to an
existing Yellow ROM. Simply open the downloaded archive and take the IPS file out and put it in the same folder as the ROM, give them both the EXACT same name (except the .ips and .gb extensions) then in My Old Boy, long press the Yellow ROM then tap patch. Should work fine then!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 4, 2021
Brilliant, worked a treat. Thank you for this, this will fulfil my nostalgic needs 😁

Years
Brilliant, worked a treat. Thank you for this, this will fulfil my nostalgic needs 😁

Fantastic to hear! That's why I made it after all lol btw if you're looking for some gen 3 nostalgia, I've got one other hack and it's really my primary one. Emerald Final, the link is in the bottom part of my response. Regardless I hope you get as much of a thrill from finally completing the dex as I did!

Years
This is fantastic, currently playing this one on my Anbernic RG351V with no problems.
I do have a request if you don't mind good sir, can you provide a patch with the pokemon names left in tact (ALL CAPS).

Cheers!

Years
This is fantastic, currently playing this one on my Anbernic RG351V with no problems.
I do have a request if you don't mind good sir, can you provide a patch with the pokemon names left in tact (ALL CAPS).

Cheers!

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! I used the Randomizer to decap the names quickly so what I did was make a Yellow ROM with just the names Decapped using that method and used it as the base for this IPS patch I attached, should work without altering anything else, just apply this patch to your Yellow Plus ROM!

Attachments

• Pokemon Yellow Name Recap.ips
    3.9 KB · Views: 14
Years
I just applied the patch and it worked! Only weird thing though is Pokemon that I have previously caught still has their names proper cased and not caps. It's as if they all have nicknames but with their names as proper cased (if that makes sense, lol).

No biggie though, I'll just start a new game. Again, thanks for this! Feels like playing it again on my Gameboy Pocket. 👌

Years
I just applied the patch and it worked! Only weird thing though is Pokemon that I have previously caught still has their names proper cased and not caps. It's as if they all have nicknames but with their names as proper cased (if that makes sense, lol).

No biggie though, I'll just start a new game. Again, thanks for this! Feels like playing it again on my Gameboy Pocket. 👌

You can always use the Name Rater, happy to help :)

Back