• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Yellow remake?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2007
    i think the best game every in the pokemon universe was the yellow one, because it was close to the tv series. but the graphics are so bad, i tried to play it again, but i cant stand it XD

is there any pokemon yellow remake that comes up to the original one, so that just the graphics changed? i downloaded pokemon thunder yellow, thats really good, but the problem is that pikachu doesnt run behind u q.q

is there any game that is like pokemon yellow, where pikachu runs behind the player???

Years
  • i think the best game every in the pokemon universe was the yellow one, because it was close to the tv series. but the graphics are so bad, i tried to play it again, but i cant stand it XD

is there any pokemon yellow remake that comes up to the original one, so that just the graphics changed? i downloaded pokemon thunder yellow, thats really good, but the problem is that pikachu doesnt run behind u q.q

is there any game that is like pokemon yellow, where pikachu runs behind the player???

Unless someone can come up with a script for Pikachu following, It's not possible.

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    why doesnt someone come up with the script then?

Because that script has to be implemented thourgh all the game.

You would basicly have to program i in the game.

People dont come up with a script like that over night.

Samuel.Olu

Avoid hangovers: stay drunk.
    Years
  • Yeah but i will give all my money to get a game like that (i hope u're listening Nintendo)

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • Yeah I have always wanted a yellow remake. Since Nintendo is lavashing over the great success of Diamond and pearl. Maybe they will create a remake. That would be cool since they could put in pikachu mini games and things like that

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Yeah I have always wanted a yellow remake. Since Nintendo is lavashing over the great success of Diamond and pearl. Maybe they will create a remake. That would be cool since they could put in pikachu mini games and things like that

Actually, Nintendo is lavashing over how much Diamond and Pearl sold. The game itself is probably one of the worst series, but it looks like such a huge hit because the three generations before Diamond and Pearl (excluding the FRLG gen) was such a huge hit, everyone was expecting Diamond and Pearl to be amazing.

If any game is getting a remake, I'm willing to be it'll be the GSC era, simply because, as stated earlier, a script for making Pikachu follow you throughout the game is very hard to come up, and they have to think of variables for not even having Pikachu on your team. How's it gonna look if Pikachu's following you while he's sitting in the Storage System? Although, if Nintendo is pulling another Emerald version, they might complete the FRLG trio set after having made another generation of games. What I mean by "pulling an Emerald" is that Nintendo made Ruby and Sapphire, then making FRLG, THEN making Emerald. Since almost every generation has been a trio game, they might make a Yellow remake to accompany FRLG, but I highly doubt that.

If any game is getting a remake, it's GSC >:

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2007
    i dont even want to talk about nintendo XD the last post is what i mean...so many tries do to their own pokemon game but i think they are nearly all flops... why doesnt any hacker makes a remake of yellow???? u see how many people would like to have that, even in other forums!!!! so pls, anyone that can hack a game or have all sprites for a rpg maker game, pls do it and make a yellow remake!!
    and the following effect/event of pikachu, cant u do it with sprites? it doesnt matter if u set pikachu to the storage system, pikachu is always on ashs side. if u put it away to storage system, theres just the effect that u cant fight with pikachu and have more pokemon in ur team. but pikachu is always on ashs side ^^'''' or even do it so, that u cant put pikachu to storage system...

nosferatu

so you like... stuff?..cool...
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    if it is so hard how come ther could do back then?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2007
    what u mean? that if it is so hard, how they could do it so many years ago at the original yellow edition? yeah i also wondered about that. and it isnt so hard because they dont have to write a new script, they can just use the old one XD so thats not a big problem. they just have to do new graphics, thats all. the other things can stay.

and i am playing pokemon thunder yellow edition now. and it is said, that thats the best yellow remake but thats nonsense...pikachu doesnt run behind u, team rocket is missing and u dont get the three starter pokemon from persons in town like in the original game!! its just like the red/blue edition, just with pikachu as sarter pokemon, thats all.....

Back