• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokemon Yellow Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I can't see a remake of Pokémon Yellow ever happening. A lot of the newer fans haven't even seen the original series of Pokémon the game would be based off of and probably didn't even know Misty travelled with Ash. It would be like a FRLG remake, but instead of the potential to be followed by any Pokémon, you would be stuck with a Pikachu.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    Seems to be a good idea but... Actually no.
    We already have a remake of the Kanto Region in FR/LG and in HG/SS, another game with it would be useless, it's time to change ! And after all, except that your first Pokémon is Pikachu, what would this game have more than others?

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    Yeah, remaking Yellow wouldn't make sense now. It's been 14 years, and that game seemed to be more of a bridge from R/B to G/S than its own game.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Yeah, remaking Yellow wouldn't make sense now. It's been 14 years, and that game seemed to be more of a bridge from R/B to G/S than its own game.

It doesn't really have to make sense. They could decide to make it and release it for the 15th Anniv? You never know. And I don't see how it was a bridge. To me, (and probably many others) it was Red/Blue with a few extra features. Like all 3rd installments are.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2012
    In my opinion they should make a game where we all start in Kanto, just like Ash, and travel through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova. We can choose new starters and stuff.
    And we should be able to choose between a couple sprites so we can be someone that look more like "me". Example - a sprite with yellow hair, black hair, brown hair, pink hair, red hair etc.
    And we should be able to choose if we want our pokemon to follow us.
    A game like this would take forever to make though, but I'm still dreaming.

A yellow remake would make me happy, but I'd rather have a brand new game than playing a game I've played a million times before.

Years
    I for one would love a Pokemon Yellow remake. I think as far as 'third' games go, it is by far the most removed from its original gameset, so it makes way more sense than remaking say, Emerald or Platinum.

I doubt it would ever happen, but I am actually in full support of this idea. They could even have it emulate the anime more than the original Pokemon Yellow did by having Brock and Misty follow you after you defeat their gyms or something? Idk, either way I want the game lol

Yeah, I completely agree with what you're saying. Ever since I was a kid i dreamed of a game that was based on the anime (Even though this is is unlikely as the anime is based on the games)

It doesn't really have to make sense. They could decide to make it and release it for the 15th Anniv? You never know. And I don't see how it was a bridge. To me, (and probably many others) it was Red/Blue with a few extra features. Like all 3rd installments are.

Yeah, it would be a perfect way to celebrate the 15th anniversary!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Yellow is my favorite game, and I'm very bias against all the games that came after it because of that and became somewhat of a purist. I play through the older games a lot more than I pick up the newer ones. I do think it would be absolutely wonderful if they decided to remake Yellow, but I don't see that happening.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    If they DO make one, which I highly doubt they will, because they already made FRLG,
    it would probably be the 5th gen. I don't think they are going to make a 6th gen
    any time soon.

But it probably wont happen because they already used the pokemon follower idea
    in HGSS.

Though a remake of Pokemon Yellow would be amazing, I have to agree.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    It would seem rather redundant to me. It's like the people lobbying to remake the remake, we already experienced Kanto in every generation expect Gen V so far. Enough with Kanto already. If they do remake it then hopefully they do it on the 20th or 25th Anniversary of either it or the franchise that would be a nice icing on the cake for Pokemon. Any time in the near future heck no.

Years
    I think that would be so SICK seeing as i'm going back and playing yellow right now. But I HIGHLY doubt it will EVER happen which sucks...

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    I doubt it personally, and don't think any remake of RBY (or FRLG) if that ever happens would be as soon as gen 6.

Yellow after all is basically RB, bar a few fixed glitches and very minor additions. Instead of choosing a starter Pokemon you get Pikachu like it or not, only it follows you, and you get all the other starters. And Jessie and James are added in. These are additions only done as Yellow was made to ride the wave of popularity the anime had. These days Game Freak stay away from that (case in point - Sevii Islands in FRLG made by them, rather than using the anime's Orange Islands).

Okay, I stopped reading and went immediately to respond to this, so sorry if someone already corrected it.

Yes, most of the edits in the game are minor - however there's a bit more than what you just said:
    - More Rival encounters than in Blue and Red
    - Pretty sure there's some updated battle front sprites
    - Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy both make appearances, not just Jessie and James (Team Rocket shows up four times)
    - Surfing Pikachu minigame
    - Different pokemon available (as always...)
    - Rearranged Mewtwo's dungeon I think?
    - This was the testing phase of the pokemon happiness levels, so they added in different events to test this. For example, getting the Red and Blue starter pokemon can depend on how happy your pikachu is, so if you never get your pikachu happy then you can never get bulbasaur or whatever. There's also a few simple text responses that changes depending on pikachu's happiness level. The reason why such things as Togepi evolving based off happiness in Gold/Silver (or bitter medicine versus regular potions and haircuts) is because they were able to test this in Yellow. If they hadn't "ridden the wave of the anime" at this time, maybe that wouldn't have come about for a longer time.

I have only played Red and Blue a few times so I can't remember what else was changed. But yeah, sure, every time they have a third game in a set, it's always "some minor changes to make it slightly different", like them adding the girl playable character in Crystal and some Legendary events, but not having them in Silver. But the point of the third game is just that, to have an updated and more appealing version of the other two games, so yeah, I don't get why they don't just bring out new versions of those. It's not like people won't buy them.

Unrelated: Personally, I don't even want a "remake". I want the same game just on the updated console, same graphics, same music, etc. What would be good is if there's some kind of wifi trading thing instead of having to use a link cable, but other than that just leave it as it is. Frankly I wish the new games were more like the old games - the new ones feel really easy, and everyone is so NICE (what happened to bikers insulting you, girls accusing you of touching them, team rocket chopping off slowpoke tails, gym leaders making fun of you...?) and have to walk you through absolutely everything. In Black and White especially, I'm just dying as I play the game because everyone is constantly telling you "be a good person and do this" and "everyone in the world needs peace" or whatever. It's just like... it seems so much more ridiculous than a hiker randomly telling me after the battle that he drinks his pokemon's HP UP, somehow.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2012
    think about it, a yellow remake would take major scripting and japan is very lazy with that i can tell cuz if they werent they would have made aninme pokemon games

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back