• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you never understood the appeal of?

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I think Pikachu clones are overrated. They're making a new clone each gen and it's getting annoying.
    People say Magikarp is bad but it's AWESOME! Well, I'm not crazy for it but I don't hate it.
    I also think most Legendaries are overrated and people just AR some legendary and make it shiny and then brag to the whole world about it. That's getting old. Lucario included.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Gen I

Charzard. It's a fat abomination that doesn't deserve to be in brawl.

Gen II

Nothing

Gen III

Nothing

Gen IV

Dialga. It's cry is stupid, it's design is stupid and time travel is impossible. The worst part; IT OVERSHADOWS PALKIA. :tired:

Gen V

Reshiram. It just looks wrong as is a terrible mish-mash of 40+ Gen I-IV pokemon.

Years
    From reading this thread as well as various other places, I think Magikarp is a bit overrated, because people have singled it out for the irony. Everyone knows it's famously useless and it's terribly funny that it can evolve into such a ferocious sea monster, but Magikarp is awful. Leave the poor fish alone to splash in peace.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Shaymin Sky Forme ... [-( Oh, and those **** monkeys from the 5th generation. But and I DO love rattata, no matter what anyone says!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Lucario.

It's so popular, obviously from the movie it was in before Gen 4 came out, but I just don't get it. Why Lucario? It's mediocre imo, it's not the kind of Pokémon I like to train, and I just don't understand the massive appeal. Clearly I'm not the only one here but still, it's so, so popular and I just don't get it. XD

Also Shaymin Sky form. :| I think it's kind of ugly, especially compared to land form, and I don't understand why so many people utterly adored it. I was just annoyed that there was so much less normal Shaymin merch because of it. I love normal Shaymin. ;_;

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
    Years
    nothing personal against Charizard, but i dont understand the appeal...
    really? does everyone have to use a Charizard?
    hehe this has become a rant thread i luv it :pink_giggle:

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    I never understood the appeal of:

- Any Sinnoh Legendary (especially Regigigas and Arceus)
    - Tepig and Snivy evo lines
    - Spiritomb
    - Umbreon
    - Togekiss

I can understand why Lucario is so overrated. Come on people, just look at him. He's a totally BA Jackal. It has a very beautiful design, and is very powerful. Just because it's overrated, doesn't give you a reason to hate it although that's the main reason i hate Umbreon

Last edited:

Moonlord

The ........MewTwo
    Years
    • LA
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    I'd go with Evee because of all of it's (evelutions) some of them you have to go next to, let's say a moss rock to evolve Evee into Leafeon. And if you want Icyeon you have to go next to that rock near snow point city in Pokemon Platinum. And sometimes you only have to use stones like fire stones, but Evee has to be a certain level for the stone to work.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    Pikachu is just bleaghhhhh.

And I don't understand how nobody likes Magikarp.

._.

<3 Magikarp :D
    Diamond: "The MAGIKARP is flopping about weakly" so sad ;-;

Eugh well I hate the new legendaries really. I don't see a challenge in going to the league with a team full of legendaries. I don't mind the Gen 1 and 2 legendaries but I'm not keen on Rayquazza, Groundon, Kyogre, Uxie, Mespirit etc. etc.

The only "mouse" Pokémon I really mind is Pikachu because Raichu is just awesome in my opinion :3

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Lucario.

It's so popular, obviously from the movie it was in before Gen 4 came out, but I just don't get it. Why Lucario? It's mediocre imo, it's not the kind of Pokémon I like to train, and I just don't understand the massive appeal. Clearly I'm not the only one here but still, it's so, so popular and I just don't get it. XD

Also Shaymin Sky form. :| I think it's kind of ugly, especially compared to land form, and I don't understand why so many people utterly adored it. I was just annoyed that there was so much less normal Shaymin merch because of it. I love normal Shaymin. ;_;

I agree. Land forme Shaymin looks so cute, but the sky forme looks wierd. I can't really tell what its meant to be, unlike the cute little grass hedgehog/chia pet.

Omn

Moogle King
    Years
    I don't get the appeal of all pokemon after gen 2 I never understood why some people think thats that series was the best but overall the Legendaries Ugggggh the bother me so much especially Arceus and the ones from gen 4 cause just arghh and I don't like how they make you catch the legendary while in gen 1 and 2 i think its was just a little side quest that you didn't have to do but no now you have to cause its got some big deal with the story also they are just so many why do they need that many legendaries now it nothing special if you have them its ok great you have a legendary nothing special.

Ice Queen

I Love May
    Years
    Charizard is so overrated and why? Its just like any other starter Pokemon. And Mewtwo. Ever since the first movie everyone likes Mewtwo but its not that great. And Magikarp useless but awesome.

Years
    Pretty much the whole 2nd gen roster of Pokemon I never stood the appeal of. I only like a few of the Pokemon in the 2nd gen games, and most of my HeartGold team consists of Pokemon from other gens :\

Particular Pokemon I never understood the appeal of;
    -Voltorb & Electrode
    -Dratini Line
    -The Larvitar Line
    -The Legendary Dogs
    -Luvdisc
    -Lucario
    -Magmortar
    -Garchomp (Love Gible and Gabite tho)
    -Darkrai
    -Land Forme Shaymin (love the Sky Form)

^This mostly has to do with the designs, or the fact that they're everywhere and overrated, not the stats (though with Luvdisc it has to do with design AND stats :p).

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    LUCARIO. Nothing is worse, and the fandom of it are...sickening I have to say, sometimes. I don't like Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo...they just have too many people drooling over them for no good reasons.

As much as I love the Eeveelutions, them too. But it's the ones who draw Eevee OCs and turn the Eeveelutions into wolves who are the worst and make me think that...

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Mudkip and Snivy.

I don't get how Mudkip became such a huge meme. I found the whole true story about it so ridicuously fake (Google it if you want to see it) and the whole saying "I herd you liek Mudkip" sounds like a typo a n00b would make.

The whole "Smugleaf" thing is also overrated. Like really, and people thought it would be Snivy's official name. Just googling what the meaning of "Smugleaf" was intended for, and it was a sure fact this would not be the official name. Who would name the starter, considered to be one of the few major parts of any region, a name that represents trolling? It was a definite no-go.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
    I think I know exactly which forum this is from...because it has the exact same title. XD

And I never liked Garchomp. I have a whole list of Pokemon I never understood the appeal of, but Garchomp is at the top.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
    I can't go around without seeing Lucario everywhere. It's so overratted...
    Also, Mudkips and Snivy too... Can't go anywhere without not seeing the obvious "so i herd u liek mudkipz??" or "Smugleaf".

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    A lot of the Pokemon I have a problem with are from third generation and on.
    Mostly though, Duskull. Seriously, it's a baby grim reaper.

ShinyZoruaGirl

Crazy Rowdyruff Boys Fangirl!
    Years
    Ditto. Smeargle. All those ugly butt POKeMON I've never understood, yo.
    Why is everyone hating on Arceus and Shaymin?
    You should be hating on this:
    Pokemon you never understood the appeal of?

Back