• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you never understood the appeal of?

Years
    I saw this thread on another forum, and thought it would be coolaid to bring it here (lol, yeah I'm a thief). :B So, what Pokemon out there do you really not understand why they are loved so much, or why they even have a fan base at all?

I honestly have to say Lucario. That thing's become so overrated, it's painful. I can't go on ANY Pokemon forum without seeing someone with Lucario in their name, avatar, or signature. Hell, that thing's more overrated than Pikachu, imo. >.>

Kelp

<3
    Years
    Darkrai. No offense to Darkrai lovers. =3 It's just another uber legend, or whatever category people place it in.

But maybe my dislike for Darkrai is due to the fact I've never even seen one before. I don't even think I know what type it is (Mono-Dark, or Dual w/Ghost?).

Oh and Arceus is another one. Since, I've never seen one of those either, and hackers just like to rub it in your face that they have an Arceus (or sometimes a box full of shiny Arceus ._.)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't really like how people liked Snivy when it was first revealed. It's become...overrated to me.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    All the little rodent Pokemon - yeah, that's right. Pikachu, Plusle, Minun, Pichu, Pachirisu, Chillarmy - they can all fall down a hole for all I care.
    Most legendaries past Gen III - Excluding Shaymin.
    Skitty and Meowth - Come on, people, Glameow is WHERE IT'S AT! XD
    Starters - You better believe it. I like Treecko's line though.
    Lucario - Another overrated one that I could never really get used to liking.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
    Oh God, Pikachu, and all those other rodents. My friend's little sister absolutely loves Pachirisu and I absolutely can't stand the Pikachu clones, especially when I never even liked Pikachu itself. Ugh.

Also, most of the legendaries, like Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Arceus, etc. I dunno. I guess they're cool, but eh.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Charizard. GenI is the only generation in which I don't like any of the three starters significantly more than the other two. Venusaur barely edges out Blastoise who barely edges out over Charizard, and all three are kinda...eh...in my book, whereas Typhlosion, Sceptile, Torterra, Infernape, Jalorda, and Emboar dominate their respective generations.

The fact that Charizard is so popular just puzzles me really, when there are so many cooler starters out there. XD

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    Hmm... Well, I feel that every Pokemon is appealing in its own unique way and I do not discriminate :)

nm legend

Years
    salamance....... yea its strong but it looks retarded.......................... butt ugly

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Pikachu (and the other electric rodents) are the bane of my existence.

Others that I've never understood their popularity have been starters in general (especially Charizard), Lucario, Salamence, Arcanine, and Mew.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    OH COME ON! Pikachu is not over rated!

The only Pokemon I think are over rated are Lucario and Areceus; those two can be over rated a bit too much. Also, I don't understand how people like Arceus over Magikarp either.

Years
    OH COME ON! Pikachu is not over rated!

The only Pokemon I think are over rated are Lucario and Areceus; those two can be over rated a bit too much. Also, I don't understand how people like Arceus over Magikarp either.

Lol, you don't think Pikachu's overrated? It's EVERYWHERE. Sure, it's the mascot of Pokemon and all, but whenever someone thinks of Pokemon, Pikachu is the first thing to come up. ><

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    "Derp"-onite irritates me.
    Lucario needs to be trapped in a cave.
    The "fairy" legendaries (Victini, Shaymin, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Mew) just need to disappear.
    Garchomp just...no.

Ayselipera

One group of Pokemon that I've never seen the appeal of are legendaries. I guess it's because they're strong and most of the time they seem to be designed to appeal to the male fans of Pokemon. Which makes sense since I would figure there are more male fans then female fans if I had to guess. Either way they're too much for me. Especially the most recent ones which are either over done or just plain copies of each other or older legendaries. Along with that I find them boring to use since they're so strong they just annihilate everything in their path. Myself not being one for competitive play either I barely ever use them.

All the little rodent Pokemon - yeah, that's right. Pikachu, Plusle, Minun, Pichu, Pachirisu, Chillarmy - they can all fall down a hole

I don't mind Pikachu, but the rest of the blatantly obvious Pikachu clones really wear on me. Plusle and Minun I realize were around to demonstrate double battles in the third generation, but they could of at least tried a different typing or made them performance-wise better. Now we're just left with two almost identical Pokemon that don't make up for their poor originality in battle. Hands down my least favorite Pokemon is Pachirisu and it just so happens to have been mixed in with the Pikachu clone group. They're just all so annoying looking I don't know how people have come to obsess over them. D:

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
    Dragonite
    Because it looks NOTHING like it's pre evos. Come on seriously, it lost it's pretty form and turned into this orange thing that somehow flies with tiny wings and antennae :I

Also any legendary that gets its own movie. After the movie people are like HOMG LUCARIO (or insert other legendary name here) IS THE BESTEST EVAHHH MINE IS SHINY AND LEVEL 100 :DDDD
    And then they just make it overly popular and it's usually not a very appealing pokemon to begin with to me at least :I
    I actually liked the original starters. But Charizard became like.. A thing of awesomeness to people for some reason and everyone forgot about poor Squirtle and Bulbasaur.
    All the 4th and 5th generation starters :I they're just terrible in my own opinion

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lickitung and Lickilicky....

I know like Lickilicky, even though I can't stand its' backsprite....something about them makes me like them....possibly the idea of using Surf on a Lickilicky's tongue...xD

- The one I'm still not a fan of, but is growing on me - Lickitung

- It grew on me...it goes in the pile of pokémon I like but never have used.... - Lickilicky

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    I really dont see the appeal for mudkip.... sorry but i dont like its evolution line either

Back