• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON ZAP YELLOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

KieronGames

May be more active
Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    hey ive been playing the game its cool so far but i think you should hire a scripter to stop pikachu from going everywhere.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    My thing with this game is when you walk down Pikachu is behind you,but walking upward Pikachu is next to you.Is there a way to keep pikachu behind you at all times,my opinion is he'll look better that way.

jesse jenco

ZAP YELLOW creator
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    i could but....

My thing with this game is when you walk down Pikachu is behind you,but walking upward Pikachu is next to you.Is there a way to keep pikachu behind you at all times,my opinion is he'll look better that way.
    since pikachu is part of the OW sprite i could make go behind but however the player sprite would walk out of bounds to anything he comes in contact with because of the way the sprite is setup

also this message is for everyone interested in playing my game i know i said i wouldnt post another beta for a month but this time i think i got it right and i added more things to it the hack is nearly complete i will release the next beta on june 13th 2009 im testing it right now! to see if i finally got everything to work i have learned more scripting techniques over the last few weeks as well so im getting better and more creative

FEATURES in beta 3.0
    1.pallets of characters are fixed
    2.now i actually have team rocket jessie and james sprites
    3.working on gym leader scripts right now!
    4.brock and misty are seen again on several occasions
    5.rebattle brock and misty a couple times on there re appearances
    6.meet the players aka ashs dad in a battle at trainer tower (if you get that far not recommended till i finish the game)
    7.new events for obtaining the starters bulbasaur-wild battle in cerulean city where he was before , charmander- obtained after beating its original owner, squirtle- given by a cop in vermillion
    8.mew script fixed

Last edited:

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • Great game! One question though:
    Can you make it so Pikachu doesn't follow you until you obtain him?
    It just seems wierd not having him, yet you do and all.
    I'll try to answer your question: Re-creating the "Following Pikachu" script requires mega-advanced scripting. It is entirely possible that no script we know so far can do such a thing. Emotion boxes are actually plausible, the Pikachu not evolving is plausible, Jessie and James are plausible, but the "Following Pikachu" script is not that plausible.
    PUBLIC OPINION: But a Yellow remake has to include a Pikachu following you
    KostK2Boss' OPINION: The entire script is highly unimportant and annoying. I only bought Pokemon Stadium 1, so that I could release my Pikachu in my Yellow. To a pathetic yellow rat following you, I prefer original scripts, custom tilesets, new pokemon and new events.

nrk

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2015
    hey, first of all i really like your work.

I noticed some bugs:

1. The sprite for walking north is like pikachu is not following your but u r infront of it
    2. Misty (in front of celadon city) got 3 pokemons called ???????? lv 6 and female and 1 staryu
    3. The menu is kinda messed up.
    4. When u can get the eevee it says i got a charmander, do you want to give pikachu a nickname?
    5. lavender town: the new rival got some weird text
    6. lavender town: one npc in the house where u get the poke flute is some big weird sprite
    7. talking to brock in fuchsia city makes your screen black

good luck

Last edited:

jesse jenco

ZAP YELLOW creator
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    Starting over

Hello every one in the past few weeks i have been told of some new glitches and im so far in the project and so much space is used and i feel i could have done a better job on this project i recently i just learned how to make working apply movement scripts and i few other good skills now instead of making charecters disappear all the time i can make them move around in the events so ive decided im going to restart this project with my new skills and hopefully i can make a better yellow version than the one ive produced and also im adding ashs dad again but with a better sprite that doesnt freaking resemble palmer cause thats lame and il try to put in movement scripts for actual events wish me luck ive always worked on this project alone and i doubt i will be getting any help but the good thing is im learning all around instead of just having one speciallty of a skill.

Donpatch

and Smeargle
    Years
  • This looks like a good hack but when i downloaded the link, i tryed to load it onto my vba and it doesnt work. someone PLZ HELP!!!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    There's a lot wrong with this hack. Sorry, but it's the truth. For the Oak Pikachu catching sequence, I see you edited Weedle and just put Pikachu as his name and used his sprite/cry? Bad idea, replacing pkmn you don't need to. Just the fact that you've already got an evo bug from not being careful when compiling, and just copying parts of scripts instead of making new ones sounds pretty bad.

Again, not trying to be harsh, just very constructive. I suggest restarting. Seriously.

Edit: didn't read the post about the restart. Haha. Anyways, don't work around it this time by just editing the Weedle. :o

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    hi,

I must say great hack, I really loved yellow and i love this one even more.
    With Richie and Team Rocket ( Jesse James ) But i cant get surf.
    I went several times to the secret house in the safari zone and the guy talkes about surf but wont give it to me. i got strengt from the golden teeth. and also when i talk to brok in the town of the safari zone the screen goes black and ik cant do anything else.

Jelle

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    hi,

I must say great hack, I really loved yellow and i love this one even more.
    With Richie and Team Rocket ( Jesse James ) But i cant get surf.
    I went several times to the secret house in the safari zone and the guy talkes about surf but wont give it to me. i got strengt from the golden teeth. and also when i talk to brok in the town of the safari zone the screen goes black and ik cant do anything else.

Jelle

i am sorry to ask again, but can anyone tell me why i cant get surf?
    as i said i already delivered the golden tooth and i talked to the guy in the secret house.
    but i still dont have surf.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2011
    well that thing when pikachu is following u looks horrible (Sorry) but have you thought about doing it like pokemon yellow storm but if i were u pm him and ask him

ty

Cнαяcнιc

Banned
    Years
  • This is a great hack but from the first post the first impression you get is that it is not going to be a good one and I know, don't judge a book by its cover but it is hard not too. You should make the first post look more professional WITH screenshots and people will be amazed.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2010
    Surf

yeaaa i dont know how you get it either im just like that one guy i went to the safari zone and got to the end and he says something like "theres HM 03 contains surf you can surf with this" or something like that but then i have no HM03 and im frustrated lmao if someone could email me how they got it thatd be killer ok my email is [email protected] please email me this soon i wanna continue playing this game :o

LdP

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    Hello, where's the link to download?
    I am searching for the latest version...
    thank you
    If it has been removed, can someone upload it again?

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • I think he removed the downloads because of the criticism he received. Anyway the game was fairly good, except the pikachu sprite could one day be the death of me (overexaggeration). Good Luck on trying to change that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back