• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon's Most Epic Failure

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    R/B: Zubat.
    G/S: The Leveling issues.
    R/S: Whismer and friends
    R/S: Rip offs of old pokes.
    R/S: Not having all pokes available in-game. You have to buy basicly every game from the whole generation to get them all.
    D/P: The Pokemon.
    D/P: The Region.
    D/P: The Legendaries.
    D/P: Heatran.

VictorP1

Dialga Tamer
    Years
    R/B: Zubat.
    G/S: The Leveling issues.
    R/S: Whismer and friends
    R/S: Rip offs of old pokes.
    R/S: Not having all pokes available in-game. You have to buy basicly every game from the whole generation to get them all.
    D/P: The PokemonBidoof and friends.
    D/P: The Region.
    D/P: The LegendariesPalkia.
    D/P: Heatran.
    Edited to perfection, hooray!!!!!!

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    Also. Most legendaries look horrible!

1. Dialga
    2. Uxie
    3. Palkia
    4. Mesprit
    5. Darkrai
    6. Cresselia
    7. Arceus
    8. Phione

Azelf, Shaymin, and Manaphy look the best to me.

And some of the apps were lame.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Dude, on GSC, Kanto is qwesome, and it's being remade on SS/HG

And on DPPt, We only need Dialga, Palkia, and Girantina!

What? Did you just say Kanto was awesome? You liked when it had awful, piss easy caves and butchered areas, as well as some areas that were taken out completely? Safari Zone, Viridian forest, Cerulean cave, Cinnabar island, power plant, seafoam island, and probably much more. And Kanto is NOT qwesome, in case it isn't obvious enough.

You are also wrong in your second statement. In diamond and pearl, Giratina was a useless pokemon. You also seem to be forgetting that Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit are necessary to the plot, as well as Cresselia and Darkrai for a side quest mission. And so was Regigigas, although his part was very minor. There were a lot of legendary pokemon, but that doesn't mean they were unnecessary.

Fail R/B/Y-Almost everything(including missingno and the plethora of other bugs in there), but the biggest was the stupid moves and moveset. Psychics dominated the whole game with Mewtwo and Alakazam, and I'm pretty sure that ghost was supposed to be super effective against psychic.

Fail G/S/C-Kanto, level curve, region shape, lack of Chuck Norris(the 5th gym leader was a fake), and weak starters

Fail R/S/E-Half of the region was completely water. I cannot stand that whatsoever. Not mentioning the pokemon that were regurgitated.

Fail D/P/P-Dialga and pals. Physical/special split, which helped most pokemon, bidoof, useless evolutions, and the lack of Chuck Norris AGAIN.

I'm surprised that I still like the series after lacking so much Chuck Norris in it.

Last edited:

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    why are people complaining about HG/SS taking too long... Its out in like 2 days!!! im even waiting for the english one so stop complaining

Years
    RBY: Psychic being rediculously overpowered and the overwhelming presence of Zubats

RSE: Like mentioned above the number of duplicates/rip offs that started to appear.

FRLG: How if you hit the L or R buttons it brings up that help screen that no one in their right mind needs!

DPPt: The legendaries overall especially Uxie, Mespirit & Azelf. That and the 24hr wait period for Pokemon migration!

skorupoke

Skorupi! Use Poison Fang!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2022
    oh, and since we are talking about Pokemon's most EPIC FAIL- Pokemon XD
    i hate that game- i fell asleep playing it!

HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT???? HOW COULD YOU FALL ASLEEP?!?! WTF?!?!
    Pokemon XD was AWESOME!!!!
    The graphics were awesome and the most awesome things were Miror B's Theme and the theme of Citadark Isle, but the MOST most awesome was:

That you are able to get a SERENE GRACE TRI ATTACK TOGEPI!!!

Btw, Fails:

Fail-R/B/Y: Sabrina. Psychic types are only weak to Bug, and the strongest Bug move was Pin Missile....
    Fail-R/B/Y: Icons. Every Surfing Pokemon transforms into a Seel?!
    Fail-G/S/C: Very low levels before/in Mahogany Town.
    Fail-E: Wallace's Milotic was too hard to beat. It always KOs Rayquaza and then you lose.
    Fail-D/P: Surfing speed. I thought Poliwrath was the fastest swimmer ever!?
    Fail-Pt: Cynthia's Garchomp went from lv66 to lv62? Why did Nintendo do this, that Garchomp wasn't hard to beat?!

Last edited:

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
    RB: Golbat. Need I explain?
    RBY: Those d***ed psychics!
    Y: The level curve being hard - increadably easy - Sabrina's gym hard - rediculously easy - normal.
    RBY: Sprites.
    RBY: THE BAG! OH THE HORRERS!

GSC: Kanto. While I admire them for trying, wait until you have the space, and make the primary reigon harder.
    GSC: A level curve that makes Yellow's look good. I mean, come on, level 50 as the absolute BEST until the 16th gym leader? BOO!
    GSC: Snorelax being in front of my BELOVED digglets!

RS: Battle tower being fail.
    RE: no unlimited moon stones. Even Fr/Lg had them!
    RSE: "Rivals"
    RSE: "Evil" teams having a plan SO FLAWED, a two year old could think up a better one! That volcano was WAY to far inland to make more land.

Fr/LG: The return of the evil Zubats!
    Fr/Lg: So I need a certain pokedex to evolve my Golbat? Then how do the people without a pokedex do it?
    Fr/Lg: Can't get running shoes until after brock? Ugh.

DP: The Ooooohhhh sssssooooo sssssllllooooow surfing speed.
    DPPt: For being on the DS, which I don't have.
    DPPt: "Rival" again.
    Pt: Looker? WHAT KIND OF NAME IS LOOKER? I don't care if it is a code name, it still REAKS of "fail".

Hg/Ss: Nothing, as long as they don't f*** up Kanto. The level curve is "slightly" fixed with rematches, and I could trade in Digglets with WiFi. So, they JUST MIGHT have made a perfect game... except for one thing!

Hg/Ss: String shot tutor.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    D/P- Team Galactic, It was a push over, but they got a total revamp in Platinum, no so much of a pushover, and Cyrus almost beat me in the final battle.

I almost lost to Cyrus in D/P too... and the fact that you have to battle Dialga/Palkia afterwards with no Pokemon Centre inbetween is frustrating.

Also, I only partially agree with the level problem in G/S/C. These games contain the highest-level trained Pokemon in any game (excluding Battle Frontier): Red's level 82 Pikachu.

Anyway, the epic fails in my opinion:

R/B/Y: Awful back sprites
    All games after R/B/Y: Taking away Poison's super-effectiveness against Bug
    All games: Drowzee/Hypno cannot learn Dream Eater by level-up
    D/P: Feint. Worst attack ever.
    D/P: Butchering the appeal rounds of contests. They were much better in R/S/E.
    R/S/E: Making the levels of wild Pokemon too low, especially later on in the game
    All games: Too many Zubats!!!
    D/P: Too many Self-Destructing Geodudes!!!
    D/P: Unless you pick Chimchar as a starter, the only Fire Pokemon available before getting the National Dex is Ponyta.

mattman324

Years
    I almost lost to Cyrus in D/P too... and the fact that you have to battle Dialga/Palkia afterwards with no Pokemon Centre inbetween is frustrating.

Also, I only partially agree with the level problem in G/S/C. These games contain the highest-level trained Pokemon in any game (excluding Battle Frontier): Red's level 82 Pikachu.

Anyway, the epic fails in my opinion:

R/B/Y: Awful back sprites
    All games after R/B/Y: Taking away Poison's super-effectiveness against Bug
    All games: Drowzee/Hypno cannot learn Dream Eater by level-up
    D/P: Feint. Worst attack ever.
    D/P: Butchering the appeal rounds of contests. They were much better in R/S/E.
    R/S/E: Making the levels of wild Pokemon too low, especially later on in the game
    All games: Too many Zubats!!!
    D/P: Too many Self-Destructing Geodudes!!!
    D/P: Unless you pick Chimchar as a starter, the only Fire Pokemon available before getting the National Dex is Ponyta.

WRONG! Barry in Platinum had all of his pokemon higher leveled (82-86) in the las rematch.

Gen1 just had bad sprites to begin with. Feint isn't THAT bad of an attack, but it should be like Pursuit (40 damadge to non-protectors, 80 to those with protect.) Contests in general are fail.

Although, I agree with you on the others. Reminds me of the Shiny Voltorb that boomed in Fr.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Actually, RED's Pikachu was 81. And RED is second to none in GSC when it comes to being compared with the other trainers in the game. Please take note how there is absolutely no Pokemon that is in the 60's. BLUE's highest is 58 (or 56? Can't remember). RED's lowest is 73. The reason RED is usually considered so much harder than Pearl is because you have higher level Pokemon to face in Platinum to level up. The RED battle was a ridiculous jump.

mattman324

Years
    Actually, RED's Pikachu was 81. And RED is second to none in GSC when it comes to being compared with the other trainers in the game. Please take note how there is absolutely no Pokemon that is in the 60's. BLUE's highest is 58 (or 56? Can't remember). RED's lowest is 73. The reason RED is usually considered so much harder than Pearl is because you have higher level Pokemon to face in Platinum to level up. The RED battle was a ridiculous jump.

I know WHY it was hard, but I wasn't talking about that. In Platinum, there are instances of higher leveled trained pokemon (not Magicarp). In Hg/Ss, Red regains the top post, however, with a LEVEL 88 PIKACHU!

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
    G/S/C : Missing Logical? In R/B/Y there wasn't any vulkan on the Cinnbar Island (no mountain sprite near Cinnbar Island or something similar). Then how did a vulcanic eruption destroyed Cinnbar Island? Where's the vulcan!? However, those games are great - I can live with that :)
    R/S : They made a new generation. They've just putted too many of those 3rd gen pokemon! I mean, there are hardly pokemon from the 2nd gen! The biggest fail ever!
    Pt : You can catch magikarps from Lv.1-Lv.100!? I thought Arceus was the strongest wild pokemon? WTF!? There's no sense!

Back