• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokemonXtra.com - The Premier Pok?mon Community!

Chris

www.PokemonF0rums.com
    Years
    PokemonXtra.com - The Premier Pok?mon Community!

Pok?mon Xtra has just opened for the public! Though it is brand new, there are many, many features and upcoming content for our viewers. I am in search of staff members, so if you're up to it, email me ;) Comments & feedback appreciated,

-Chris

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 17, 2024
    looking good Chris. Just a couple of problems need sorting out. Take a look at the text in the main section. It goes off the edge of the template. But other that that I like the layout. I think in a few weeks this site will look great ;-)

Simone

....... (>0_0<)
    Years
    I like the look of your site. Although i have just updated my site with different template selections thats a very nice site.

Few things. It takes a while to load on 56K. I don't have 56k but i was on my mums computer which does and it took ALONG *** time. Also, are those links up the top of the site (PPN, Vroad) affiliates or just in general links?

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    I think you have a very good site there. The only problem I have is that it isn't Mozilla-friendly. I recomend you fix that since there are a lot of more people swicthing to Mozilla and when viewed in Mozilla, it looks all out of wack.

Chris

www.PokemonF0rums.com
    Years
    Thanks for pointing those things out everyone.

Slowness: There is a very large image image file (190 KB) that is used on every page, if may be able to reduce the size some :/

Template: Currently Mozilla & Safari aren't browser friendly on PX. The coding I use doesn't seem to read correctly on those broswers.

Links: Victory Road & Pok?mon Palace Network are associates/affiliates. VRoad is 100%, but I'm still awaiting PPN's confirmation. Applications accepted, everyone ;)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 17, 2024
    Code is universal. If it ain't workin on 1 browser in ain't workin on the rest

Do you need any help with it?

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    STaLIS said:
    Code is universal. If it ain't workin on 1 browser in ain't workin on the rest

Do you need any help with it?
    Code may be universal, but some parts of code is not. When new code is released, the devlopers of the browser have to update the browser to be able to read it. IE is the most updated because there are programers working on it everyday. Mozilla has less people working on updating it, so some code won't be readable by Mozilla.
    What Chris did was that he used code that Mozilla can't read yet and only IE can.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    Hmmm, it looks pretty good...

Although the drop-down menu sticks out like a sore thumb.

aRedMoon

Years
    I took a quick look at the source code...

You use direct numbers, that may be a problem, due to different resolutions...

Also, at the bottom, you use a center tag, which centers it accross the entire page... >>

Simone

....... (>0_0<)
    Years
    Yes, try making the banners, nav bars and a few other images like width="100%" or something like that. Because this way people can come along with 800x600 res, 1024x768 res and anything else and it will fit fine on the site.

Using % makes the image resizable in every way.

Chris

www.PokemonF0rums.com
    Years
    Also, at the bottom, you use a center tag, which centers it accross the entire page... >>
    I use IE (Internet Explorer) 99.5% of the time I code a template/layout, so I don't recieve errors (alignment errors appearently) compared to Mozilla's mass amount of errors. Again, I hope to figure out a new coding method for all viewers' likeness. :/

Simone

....... (>0_0<)
    Years
    I use to do the same. I coded it so it would fit on my screen and i forgot about everyone else. I have kinda changed that so all my sites are multi browser friendly.

aRedMoon

Years
    Yeah, one thing that you can always do to check multi-browser compatibility is just to simply download the other browsers.

And from what I've heard is that IE only reads the code the "right" way is because it doesn't read it the right way. FireFox/Opera/etc read the code as it was originally designed to be seen, while IE changes it somehow, allowing you to make little screw-ups without killing the page.

...but that may be wrong.

Pikachu3828

Webmaster of The Pika Club
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    Kip-kip said:
    IE is the most updated because there are programers working on it everyday.
    That's not quite right. The last update of Internet Explorer came bundled with Windows NT. If you don't have Windows NT, your version of Internet Explorer is even older. Mozilla is updated a lot more.

Simone

....... (>0_0<)
    Years
    Yeah, I don't know the sites for these different browsers so i can't really judge it. But yeah, IE doesn't get updated much at all.

Back