• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: PokeScape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • ABOUT ME

Hi everyone I am Demonheadge.

I have worked on many things to keep me occupied while playing Runescape and ranging from videos on youtube, drawing and even game making.

This last project I was working on was known simply as 2D-Scape.
    It was a game I made in GameMaker and it made it's way to the ALPHA-BETA Stage before I stopped that project.

Now I am working on a new game! Well hack... This game is a hack of Pokemon FireRed for the GBA and is playable on emulators! You can trade between this game and the non-hacked versions if you wish.

PokeScape

---------------------------------
    ABOUT THE GAME

-The hack is based of Runescape. (duh)

-The storyline consists of the Black and White Knights tieing into the Godwars dungeon lore. (I'm not super lorey but I will try my best.)

-All "Pokemon" will be changed into Runescape Monsters/Pets with all new moves & stats.

-------------------------------------------
    EXTRA INFORMATION

All NPC's are going to be named after Players or a character in Runescape, by contributing you might get added into the game!

I would like to get the community involved to make this a great fan game!

------------------------------------------
    HOW YOU CAN HELP OUT

Would you like to help out and make this game come along quicker/better?
    Send me a message or leave a comment on this thread!

For the artistic!
    - Sprites for Overworld NPC's. (16x32)
    - Sprites for Trainer's. (64x64)
    - Sprites for Pokemon/Runescape Monsters. (64x64)
    - Tilesets (8x8)

For the people who want to contribute in some way!
    - Suggest Runescape Monsters/Pets
    - Suggest movesets & area's Runescape Monsters can be located.
    - Got an idea? Suggest it!

-------------------------------------------------
    WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR

Spoiler:

MEDIA

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • The first sprite of the fakemon is pretty good! Keep on processing your ideas though. They seem vague at the moment, but you can bring this hack some more progress the more you develop an idea of what you want it to be.

Good luck!

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Oh wow. Your first post. Well, it's not good but it's not bad either. I'm saying that the idea you've come up with is great but you need a lot to work on. Like the sprites and your mapping. Might be not that good yet but you'll improve as you move forward. Good luck on this!

Years
  • Thanks for the feedback ^_^

Just wondering is there anywhere I can go to get help/discuss Hacking? Like a chat room or something?
    At the moment all i've been doing is using google and these forums. (Very tedious)

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years

Just wondering is there anywhere I can go to get help/discuss Hacking? Like a chat room or something?
    At the moment all i've been doing is using google and these forums. (Very tedious)

I don't know about le chat rooms but there are some and I forgot. But for discussing look at here and for problems and help here.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2016
    Holy, I literally dreamed about creating a hack about mixing Pokemon and Runescape WTF! Hope this is godly :)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years

I'm #rhm's resident (former) SOP (voice now), come over and chat on IRC with us! https://www.romhack.me/irc-chat/

As for the hack, I really like the concept you chose (as a member of RuneScape and player of OSRS). But, I think you should look over a few mapping tutorials, and things will really look a lot better. Also, don't post screenshots like the one with Daisy on the waterfall, it's not realistic. Hack a Pokémon with Surf if you really wanna :P

Years
  • I'm #rhm's resident (former) SOP (voice now), come over and chat on IRC with us! https://www.romhack.me/irc-chat/

As for the hack, I really like the concept you chose (as a member of RuneScape and player of OSRS). But, I think you should look over a few mapping tutorials, and things will really look a lot better. Also, don't post screenshots like the one with Daisy on the waterfall, it's not realistic. Hack a Pokémon with Surf if you really wanna :P

Yeah I've got to update the screenshots.
    I can make pretty good maps but at the time of uploading I had to throw something together to meet the 6 picture requirement.

Jcool

Stellar
    Years
  • I played Runescape like crazy during middle school, and have been on and off playing Oldschool now. I'll be looking forward to this. Keep it up!

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
    Years
  • I've always thought about doing a hack like this(I'm an avid RS player myself), but I could never think up of a good enough way to include the skills that RuneScape has, as I feel it's an integral part of the game's essence.

BTW, are you from Tumblr, by chance? Because I know both Prezleek and Ashindice, so I was curious as to their cameos.

In any case, I wish you the best of luck in this. I'll keep a close eye, feel free to contact me for assistance.

EDIT: Noticed the date on the post. Whoops!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back