• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PokeSpam Pokéshop 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjdogger

Shiny Catcher
    Years
    You guys are great, you've probably never heard of it but my hack Pokemon Diamond Rares for Dummies has got pretty far because of PokeSpam! It's not fully made as it's Beta so it's not on this site, it should only be on one site actually but I can't say the site because it's against the rules, well basically you guys are in the credits and I will continue to use PokeSpam!

Thanks PokeSpam team!

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    Hii pokespam guys!! xD
    I have osme suggestions if you done all your homework for school xD

A program that you can like, recoulor the pokemon's and trainers in battle don't have to look for the offsets :P
    A prog like WPEDS only you need to add the rom

Think it's almost impossible but you guys can do a lot! ;)

Years
    Putting in the offsets for ALL of the pallets would take a while, and we're kinda really lazy... And as for WPEDS, I think WPEDS does a pretty good job at being WPEDS.

Years
    My answer's similar, but I'll add that maybe in the future something like that will be developed by us. But for now, honestly, we're busy, and the next release of Pokéshop will have all the major requested functions, and I, for one, will pretty much leave the development scene for a while (a couple months or so). I doubt Gabe will do that completely, but neither will I; by leave, I mean go into a state of Gabe-like productivity coma.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2009
    Y does it only oped nds files i dont use .nds i use .gba so is there gonna be any way for it to work with .gba

jakerman999

looking for spriters
    Years
    you probably know of this, but many hacking programs make the same stupid mistake.

READ AS MUCH DATA FROM THE ROM ITSELF AS POSSIBLE
    seriously. when you have a trainer editor, read the name,#, #of pokémon, type of pokémon(and moves, level, etc.), and anything else that might have even a slight chance of being changed.

if something is one way in a rom, and your program only has it as the default for the rom, it can and will become very confusing. never underestimate the newbiness of newbs.

edit: that probably sounded somewhat offensive.

let me restate my intentions.
    I would rather have you all succeed in this than have it crash down around you because you focused on quantity not quality. as i said to lu-ho, a flashy feature is of little use if it doesn't work.

when you do something, do it right, and don't be afraid to change what you've done so that a new feature can be incorporated.

edit2: what language is this written in?

Last edited:
    Years
    you probably know of this, but many hacking programs make the same stupid mistake.

READ AS MUCH DATA FROM THE ROM ITSELF AS POSSIBLE
    seriously. when you have a trainer editor, read the name,#, #of pokémon, type of pokémon(and moves, level, etc.), and anything else that might have even a slight chance of being changed.

if something is one way in a rom, and your program only has it as the default for the rom, it can and will become very confusing. never underestimate the newbiness of newbs.

edit: that probably sounded somewhat offensive.

let me restate my intentions.
    I would rather have you all succeed in this than have it crash down around you because you focused on quantity not quality. as i said to lu-ho, a flashy feature is of little use if it doesn't work.

when you do something, do it right, and don't be afraid to change what you've done so that a new feature can be incorporated.

edit2: what language is this written in?

I'm not afraid to change it; just the opposite. But there's not much need in Diamond and Pearl hacking as of now. The only people who know how to change the names of items, etc., are 1337 haxx0rs like interdpth, who use a hex editor to do it. When there are tools released to do that, eventually by us probably haha, or the knowledge of how to edit those values becomes widespread, we'll integrate proper read-from-ROM functions. it'd be no harder, other than finding where all the values are stored, and Gabe knows that, he just has to tell me, than reading the Pokedex values into an array or something.. srsly lol. I'm really tired of people making the same dumb statement and then not listening to the rebuttle the first 7 times someone said it. anyway, though, thanks for the advice either way.

Years
    I'm not afraid to change it; just the opposite. But there's not much need in Diamond and Pearl hacking as of now. The only people who know how to change the names of items, etc., are 1337 haxx0rs like interdpth, who use a hex editor to do it. When there are tools released to do that, eventually by us probably haha, or the knowledge of how to edit those values becomes widespread, we'll integrate proper read-from-ROM functions. it'd be no harder, other than finding where all the values are stored, and Gabe knows that, he just has to tell me, than reading the Pokedex values into an array or something.. srsly lol. I'm really tired of people making the same dumb statement and then not listening to the rebuttle the first 7 times someone said it. anyway, though, thanks for the advice either way.

There's neither any need for a tranier editor as it is now...¨

So by being able to text hack, you're a 1337 haxor at inerdepths level?
    Wow that makes a lot of 1337 haxors at inerdepths level...

Any way, I would like to unjoin Pokespam, Intirely...
    Sorry Guys...

Years

Dude, I've told you. loadingNOW released PokeText...

Years
    lol sebbe you haven't written something for pokespam for like, a year, so whatever... :S

poketext is not widely used, just like i said in MSN, and you agreed. for god's sake, i have work to do, and i'm not taking the time to script something that's unncessary. the instant someone comes here and gives me a patch of a real hack that they've edited names of items in the game, i'll go code it, luls.

and no, sebbe, but the only people on this board who hack ROMs for the most part are retarded, and they don't know how to edit that crap, so i don't give a crap about making it easier for people who do because that's like 4p eople

as i said, this project is CLOSED for a while. >_< i'm gonna have someone lock the topic if yall keep telling me the same suggestion over and over again

Linkandzelda now owns this program, thanks. lol. 50/50 with gabe, though, if he so chooses.

Last edited:

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021

I wouldn't use a hex editor to change encrypted text then reencrypt that would hive me carpel tunnel, i'd just code something. =P

Successful troll is sucessful

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    Using a tool like this should make renaming Pokemon in Platinum pretty easy (if only it was compatible).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back