• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeSpe Scanlation attempt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    Lawl. Uh, what we are working on. That is a good question.

We were working on 25, but that's apparently getting scanned soon. Before that, it was 22, but that's getting scanned. And others before that.

Maybe 28? Maybe not? 28 has a low chance of getting scanned, but morale is DEFINITELY low, so we might be calling it quits, who knows.

But at least we'll have manga to read.

Death_Machine

Metal Addict
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    NO! NO! NO! I forbid you to stop (?) i mean come on! these people started scanning just because of you, I'm sure of it and if you stop they will stop too. so please please continue doing your thing. there's volume 17 that no one wants to do and it continues the fourth chapter. every scanslation team had a moment like this so don't give up! continue doing your wonderful job, i am your biggest fan don't let me down :'(

Last edited:

ladygalaxy

Shigeru/Green fangirl
    Years
    NO! NO! NO! I forbid you to stop (?) i mean come on! these people started scanning just because of you, I'm sure of it and if you stop they will stop too. so please please continue doing your thing. there's volume 17 that no one wants to do and it continues the fourth chapter. every scanslation team had a moment like this so don't give up! continue doing your wonderful job, i am your biggest fan don't let me down :'(

That's very sweet but you've gotta see that it's both very time consuming to start up these projects, and really frustrating when we end up having to drop it after spending the past 344636 hours scanning/cleaning/getting hyped up etc. Yes the interest has been sparked by the PokeSpe team, but now that more and more people are beginning to scan in the original Chuang Yi scans, it's suffice to say the 'inspiration' has been sparked enough to continue on its own, if neccesary.

For example, Volume 17. I have the RAWs, but after what happened with 25 everyone's really reluctant to spend hours scanning, translating, typesetting and cleaning etc. when someone will pop up with the original, 'official' copy that everyone wants. It's just this huge opportunity cost coz it's a win win situation for both the scanners and readers as all they have to do is scan the things in, seperate the pages and release the zip. It probably takes half the time it would for a full scanslation!

And really, we ARE grateful for contributors, of course we are. Like minakichan said, the final goal is that we end up having manga to read and that's what we get. It's just pointless spending hours trying to achieve that goal when it can be-- and so often is-- achieved in a much quicker timeframe with a lot less work by someone stepping in at the last minute after half the scanlsation process is completed.

Thank you very much for the encouraging words though. We'll see how everything goes before we call it quits...or not.

benji

ウサギちゃん!
    Years
    Just post the Raws and I bet at least 4 people will work on them.

Ladygalaxy already posted the raws for volume 25, but .Aaron is already set on scanning them, so I've already dropped my work on translations. I don't think anybody else wants to sit down and spend time translating and typesetting everything else when we'll have complete scans in (hopefully) a couple of weeks. ^^

However, if we do happen to get raws of PokeSpe D/P, we'll be sure to pounce on them like... ahh... cats, if you will. XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2009
    I often wonder how much time people think we have... while I work fairly fast (albeit typos, but it's because I'm trained to go fast in what I do, what with tight deadlines on a lot of works), it still eats up time. :(

But watch as someone gets around to scanning the D/P manga just after we manage to scanlate most of it... if we do, that is. >_>

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    Here's a question: is there anyone here, either on the original scanlation team or not, who actually wants to go ahead and scanlate something that hasn't been done yet, knowing that it is quite possible that the project will get pulled out from under at any point, possibly instantaneously without warning?

No, seriously, headcount. I'm actually quite curious. I've personally lost a lot of morale, and so have others here; I'm just wondering who hasn't.

Years
    I would be willing, for sure. I mean, albeit time consuming and probably quite an annoyance when it gets down to it, I'd be willing.
    But the only language I can actually translate (and not 100% accurately) is french. So I'd probably be useless. D: Do they even have French copies yet?
    (I've been lurking around here for about three months, and decided to get an account. xD)

Eek, I thought I added this, but I guess I didn't.

You guys have been a godsend so far. I remember quite a while back, I had been looking constantly, each day, for ANY form of the manga. Not just scans, chapters and such. You couldn't even find many scans where I went. But then I found this, and thought for sure it had been sitting idle for years. But it hadn't! You guys have been amazing, seriously. I'm definitly not the only one who thinks this about you guys, either. =)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2008
    Well, I, for one, am one of your biggest fans, and I'll be so extremely freaking awesomely thankful if you keep on translating. I've wanted to help ever since the group began but I can't edit anything, and I can't even say hi in japanese or whatever language your RAWs have. I can only QC but I'd still suck at it XD

So, from one of your fans, keep on rocking PokeSpe!

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    First off, I want to say how much I appreciate you guys doing this for everyone. I for one understand that it takes a lot of time and effort, and it must be awfully frustrating when someone just posts the Chiang Yu scans. I wish I could help, but I just started learning Japanese, and it's very hard to learn...

Though, I will say this: If it comes to a point where you no longer enjoy what you are doing, it may be time to call it quits. I would hate to see you guys quit, but we people who just read your manga need to understand your feelings, as well.

benji

ウサギちゃん!
    Years
    Geez, we seem to have a lot of followers. ^-^

I'm still here, though I noticed none of the volumes I translated for ever got to the typesetting stage. >_<

What happened to that thread on Pokemon Ranger Batonji? We could do that when it comes out online.

First off, I want to say how much I appreciate you guys doing this for everyone. I for one understand that it takes a lot of time and effort, and it must be awfully frustrating when someone just posts the Chiang Yu scans. I wish I could help, but I just started learning Japanese, and it's very hard to learn...

Though, I will say this: If it comes to a point where you no longer enjoy what you are doing, it may be time to call it quits. I would hate to see you guys quit, but we people who just read your manga need to understand your feelings, as well.

Thanks for making such a thoughtful post. You're right, learning another language, particularly when its origins are completely different from your native tongue, can be frustrating. (However, Japanese is much simpler than English, especially with the verb conjugations, but the kanji can be difficult.)

You're right, again, that if we stop enjoying what we do, the community should (and would) understand our feelings. But if there are enough of us left to keep going, and we still have work to do, then I don't see any reason we would lack the enthusiasm to complete more scanslations. ^^

It's just, the problem now is we don't have work to do. ._.

ENGLISH VIZ/CHUANG-YI SCANS
    Volume 1 - scanned (Nicoleb)
    Volume 2 - scanned (Nicoleb)
    Volume 3 - scanned (Nicoleb)
    Volume 4 - scanned (Nicoleb)
    Volume 5 - scanned (Nicoleb)
    Volume 6 - scanned (Nicoleb)
    Volume 7 - scanned (Nicoleb)
    Volume 8 - scanned (Nicoleb)
    Volume 9 - scanned (Nicoleb)
    Volume 10 - scanned (NESFAN001)
    Volume 11 - scanned (NESFAN001)
    Volume 12 - scanned (Happy Mask Man)
    Volume 13 - scanned (Happy Mask Man)
    Volume 14 - scanned (Happy Mask Man)
    Volume 15 - scanned (Avegaille)
    Volume 16 - scanned (Kitori)
    Volume 17 - scanning in progress (Kitori)
    Volume 18 - to be scanned (Kitori)
    Volume 19 - to be scanned (Kitori)

Volume 20 - scanned (Avegaille)
    Volume 21 - scanned (Avegaille)
    Volume 22 - scanned (Avegaille)
    Volume 23 - scanning in progress (LadyGalaxy)
    Volume 24 - to be scanned (LadyGalaxy)
    Volume 25 - to be scanned (.Aaron)

Volume 26 - (omigosh, a free volume! *didn't notice*)
    Volume 27 - unreleased by Chuang Yi (?)
    Volume 28 - unreleased by Chuang Yi
    Volume 29+ - unreleased

I must like colorful things a lot.

kazukiPP

Manga Fan
    Years
    I´m here too, ya know to clean and edit scans of this awesome project. I think Ladygalaxy said she will scan volume 26 in japanese. But probably chuang yi has that volume already translated and ready to release. LG has the decision to scan them or not.

Hurra Pkspecial, sigamos adelante xDD

Years
    Holy poop. I hadn't noticed how much has already been DONE/In progress!

Well, you guys are doing a great job. Regardless of how ticked off you must have been over losing so much valuable time in scanlations, only to have someone scan the english version. But many of us still admire you, and give you large amounts of credit for even beginning this =)

pkmaster

PkmnMaster
    Years
    u guys keep going!!

i also am a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge fan and appriticiate ur hard work please continue!

and can u help me find these volumes?

Volume 17
    Volume 18
    Volume 19

Volume 20

Volume 21
    Volume 22
    Volume 23

Volume 24
    Volume 25

Volume 26

ladygalaxy

Shigeru/Green fangirl
    Years
    i also am a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge fan and appriticiate ur hard work please continue!

and can u help me find these volumes?

Volume 17
    Volume 18
    Volume 19

Volume 20

Volume 21
    Volume 22
    Volume 23

Volume 24
    Volume 25

Volume 26

You can easily find like half of these with a little searching around in the forum, it's not that difficult. And benji has clearly listed the summary of the released volumes so far just a few posts up. -_-"

17-19 and 23-25 are WIPs right now. I own the RAW of volume 26 but I very much doubt I'll scan them in for scanslation as someone's bound to pop up with the Chuang Yi copy as soon as we start anyway =/

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    You can easily find like half of these with a little searching around in the forum, it's not that difficult. And benji has clearly listed the summary of the released volumes so far just a few posts up. -_-"

17-19 and 23-25 are WIPs right now. I own the RAW of volume 26 but I very much doubt I'll scan them in for scanslation as someone's bound to pop up with the Chuang Yi copy as soon as we start anyway =/

As for volume 26 I have an idea. You see Maxim already forund raw scans for almost all of volume 26 on badiu. Yet that photobucket link did not have chapters 300 and 301. If you think scanning the entire volume would be a waste because a lot of people are already scanning in their Chuang Yi copies, why not just scan chapters 300 and 301 just for people (including myself) who don't have even the rews yet. Of course thats just an idea.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2008
    So ! Hi everyone , I'm French ! I like this forum ! I just want to say you something !
    The links located in " sendspace" are broken ! Why ? Can you give Me your Msn adresse , and after we can browse Pokemon Special Chapter , and maybe play at Pokemon Diamond and Pearl and make Exchange ! Thank you !

kazukiPP

Manga Fan
    Years
    As I can see, there´s some scans of vol 26 in chinese, I spend my time on cleaning chapter 302, I hate those watermarks ´cause cover every region of scans and is difficult to remove.

Anyway, I uploaded this example for someone who wants to translate or somithing like that.

Volume 26 scans

Last Chapter FRLG arc. CHAPTER 302: https://www.mediafire.com/?ocy3gaixhzy

If you want, I would clean more chapters ^^

Last edited:

Death_Machine

Metal Addict
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    yes, please don't stop your awesome work, as you know every person doubts himself at some point, but you shouldn't stop. Damn! I didn't know so much vols were released.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
    I've got a question.

If I had full Volumes 1-24 in Chinese in LQ (in VERY LQ) and posted a link to it, would you guys stop scanning Volumes 17-22 in Chuang Yi?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back