• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokestops disapeared

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2016
    So I went out with my mom today to look for pokemon while she had to deliver something. We looked all around town and there were no pokestops even though there used to be a few there. Also there were no pokemon despite that fact that it was swarming with pokemon all over a week ago. My phone had service and everthing was working fine.

I looked online and heard that some pokestops got removed because people were complaining about them, but Niantic didn't check to see who it was who was complaining or the reason. I heard that one guy asked to have a pokemon gym removed from his backyard and put it where it should be, but they removed it entirely.

This really sucks because I can't get free items or catch any pokemon....there were some pokestops in the nearby town (not the town that we went to), but there weren't many. Though, on a funny note, I did see a team mystic gym at the cementary that had a magikarp......team mystic really needs to step up their game {XD}

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Did you try restarting the app like Illusionss said and did you have decent internet connection? Chunks of the map can fail to load if your internet or GPS are being slow, though I'm not sure that this would actively stop PokéStops appearing so that's a bit strange. Were there still Pokémon in the Nearby tab?

Years
    Not sure if we have the same issue, but my app seems to be broken too. I have restarted the app lots of times but it doesn't show PokeStops or pokemon on my nearby list, even on fast wifi. Everything works perfectly on my brother's phone...

Update:
    After a quick re-install, Pokemon GO seems to be working on my phone now. Don't know if this will work for you, but maybe give it a shot?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2016
    Sometimes happens for me, restarting app fixes it if it is the same issue as I had.

I restarted it and it didn't work.

Did you try restarting the app like Illusionss said and did you have decent internet connection? Chunks of the map can fail to load if your internet or GPS are being slow, though I'm not sure that this would actively stop PokéStops appearing so that's a bit strange. Were there still Pokémon in the Nearby tab?

There were no pokemon in certain areas, like there were none in the city, but as we went home and when you went to the city there were pokemon in the nearby tab.

Not sure if we have the same issue, but my app seems to be broken too. I have restarted the app lots of times but it doesn't show PokeStops or pokemon on my nearby list, even on fast wifi. Everything works perfectly on my brother's phone...

Update:
    After a quick re-install, Pokemon GO seems to be working on my phone now. Don't know if this will work for you, but maybe give it a shot?

Maybe I'll try re-installing it later and see if that works the next time I play

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    i had it earlier (and many times before) try restarting app first then restart phone if still not sorted. Had to restart my phone twice to sort it out earlier

Back