• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Poketropolis

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Hello! Sorry to keep you waiting!
    Welcome to my new Game:

Poketropolis

After working on this game for around a Year now, It´s almost ready to be released into the community.

A little warning up front though...
    This is not your typical Pokemon Game where you travel trough a Region and defeat an evil organization to save the world.
    This is an Open World game with heavy emphasis on exploration and player freedom, thus there is no singular overarching plot to be found(or is there...?)
    The world is yours to explore from the second you finish the ca. 1 min long tutorial at the start.
    If you´re looking for a Pokemon-Metroidvania style open world game with quests, you found it.

I´ll be updating this threat from time to time over the next couple days and weeks leading up to the Release of the finished Game so if you´re interested in what´s to come, check back in every now and again.

Edit 1: Currently Doing Bugfixing and Testing ;D

Edit 2: Merry Christmas, everybody!
    Just a quick update, Bugfixing is making progress and mostly done, the game is about 95% operational now,
    but the PWT feature is still a little complicated...
    I might add some seasonal events just because I can and the list of features this game has isn´t long enough already, just some small ones though...

Edit 3: Seasonal Events have been added to the game, Bugfixing is now more or less complete (I´m sure there are still some minor Bugs that I haven´t even seen yet, but that´s to be expected).
    I might add a .txt file for how I changed up some evolutions to avoid having to rely on trading your pokemon away to evolve them.
    Also there is now a fixed Release day: 31. December 2021
    Time to send this year out with a bang.

Edit 4: Hotfix for the Followerpokemon bug crashing the game after the first battle is up.

Edit 5: Bugfix for the Problem with Keldeo crashing the Game after catching it, The Daycare crashing your game and The Rotom Softlock(Big Thank you to Delanque for pointing those out)

Edit 6: Bugfix for Victory road

Edit 7: More Bugfixes(Some Quests, Codes, and other nick nacks that refused to work)

Edit 8: Fixed Teleport(You can now teleport to the last Poke Center you visited not only to the one in City 2), Patch can be found below(if you don´t want to download the patched version in full); Fully patched Version will be uploaded soon

Features
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Spoiler:

Known Bugs
    -When diving your Follower Pokemon can reappear running on the water behind you.
    -Town map sometimes doesn´t show player location.
    -Quest names sometimes reach into the quest details window
    -Using registered Items by pressing F while having a Mudkip/Marshtomp in your Party causes the game to crash(Swampert is fine though)

Should you find any other Bugs or just want to ask me anything about the game, feel free to contact me via this forum or via my Homepage.

Download
    Download(V1.3)

Found a Bug? Contact me!
    My Webpage

We have a (Fanmade) Wiki now(WIP - Feel free to add to it ;D)
    To the Wiki

Small Teleport Patch(For everyone with a version before 1.2.9)
    Teleport me there!

Attachments

• Screenshot (143).png
      Screenshot (143).png
      9.5 KB · Views: 1,052
    • Screenshot (121).png
      Screenshot (121).png
      107.4 KB · Views: 1,236
    • Screenshot (122).png
      Screenshot (122).png
      25.7 KB · Views: 961
    • Screenshot (129).png
      Screenshot (129).png
      84.2 KB · Views: 1,015
    • Screenshot (131).png
      Screenshot (131).png
      26.9 KB · Views: 951
    • Screenshot (132).png
      Screenshot (132).png
      18.5 KB · Views: 807
    • Screenshot (135).png
      Screenshot (135).png
      37.6 KB · Views: 682
    • Screenshot (136).png
      Screenshot (136).png
      22.3 KB · Views: 656
    • Screenshot (138).png
      Screenshot (138).png
      25.6 KB · Views: 649
    • Screenshot (139).png
      Screenshot (139).png
      31.8 KB · Views: 576
    • Screenshot (140).png
      Screenshot (140).png
      20.5 KB · Views: 544
    • Screenshot (141).png
      Screenshot (141).png
      18.6 KB · Views: 484
    • Screenshot (144).png
      Screenshot (144).png
      20.3 KB · Views: 447
    • Screenshot (145).png
      Screenshot (145).png
      19.8 KB · Views: 433
    • Screenshot (146).png
      Screenshot (146).png
      18.3 KB · Views: 452
    • Screenshot (154).png
      Screenshot (154).png
      30 KB · Views: 475
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Happy new Year!
    I hope you have a fantastic new year and enjoy my Game.
    If you happen to find any bugs let me know.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023
    there is bug after the first encounter on the grass and after i click run something come up and the game came off

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    for me the game crashes after battle

this error i get https://imgur.com/a/3BM1nZX

The error seems to be with the follower Pokemon, but I just testet the game again on my end and couldn´t find it... maybe it was just a glitch that´ll go away if you restart the game.
    if that doesn´t work however try refreshing your followerpokemon by pressing the "strg"/"crtl" key on your keyboard twice.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    guys please fix that error you get after battle

Found the error Fixed version will be up within the hour,
    For those that have the same error: try refreshing your followerpokemon by pressing the "strg"/"crtl" key on your keyboard twice before walking into tall grass for the first time. That fices the error. Sorry for the oversight.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Is it possible to change Natures in the game?

The natures of the Pokemon are assigned randomly and can´t be changed manually, you can however save before an encounter and reset until you get the encounter with your desired nature.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2022
    Looks good, not really a fan of random levels or level scaling but guess it works with this one :).
    I get a runtime error if I talk to either of the NPC's in the house on route 17 with the eviolite.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Looks good, not really a fan of random levels or level scaling but guess it works with this one :).
    I get a runtime error if I talk to either of the NPC's in the house on route 17 with the eviolite.

Thank you for the kind words :D
    I found the Error already, Bugfix will be up ASAP.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023

The problem is fixed now, just download the game again for the fix. Thank you for pointing out the bug.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2022
    How can I play this game on joiplay,Android? It's showing the game type is not supported.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    How can I play this game on joiplay,Android? It's showing the game type is not supported.

Sadly there is no way to play on mobile, since RPG Maker XP doesn´t support that.
    You´ll need a computer to play my game on.
    Sorry :/

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Just tested it out for joiplay, All you have to do is make sure you are updated to the newest version of joiplay and go into the poketropolis folder then go into the poketropolis folder once again and look for the Game.exe file and select that as your exe.
    From what I've tested so far it seems to works well, its frame rates pretty good on my not the latest phone, AthalePrime has done really amazing at keeping the features high and not lagging out the game.

Also thank you AthalePrime this game is great from what i've played so far!!!

Back