• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Poketropolis

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    Poketropolis

Got this error after fighting Ruin Maniac (William?) in Route 6. He's in front of one of the cave entrances.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2022
    Hey! Great game! I found a glitch in City 6 where when you exit some houses, you show up exiting a different house.
    Here's a screen rec:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_S3q42g580

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Poketropolis

This is minor: The quest info for need for speed says, I gotta trade in City 10, but I found the guy in City 9.
    Also, the quest names on the left sometimes overlap with words on the details box on the right.
    And, I've already got my starter, but that first quest is still not marked complete.

Fixed the quest info for "need for speed" and added a little something in the Lab so the quest can be completed(but you´ll have to go back to city 7 for that)
    (Bring your surfboard btw ;D)

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Poketropolis

This is minor: The quest info for need for speed says, I gotta trade in City 10, but I found the guy in City 9.
    Also, the quest names on the left sometimes overlap with words on the details box on the right.
    And, I've already got my starter, but that first quest is still not marked complete.

Poketropolis

Got this error after fighting Ruin Maniac (William?) in Route 6. He's in front of one of the cave entrances.

Found and fixed that bug. Thank you for pointing that one out :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Hey! Great game! I found a glitch in City 6 where when you exit some houses, you show up exiting a different house.
    Here's a screen rec:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_S3q42g580

Thank you! Also kinda nice seeing my game on YT :D
    I fixed the doors in City 6, should have the update out within the hour.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2022
    Thank you! Also kinda nice seeing my game on YT :D
    You're welcome! :D I can upload some more of my gameplay, if you want. :)

btw, I just found another one, but I'm benefitting so much from it, I kinda don't wanna report it. LOL. If you fix it, I can't exploit it anymore :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2022
    Hi! I just beat the Gym in City 4, but when I looked at my trainer card, I didn't get a new badge. (There are also only 8 slots for badges, but you said there are 10 gyms, so I don't know where the other 2 badges will go.)
    Also, it still says I need a new badge to use Flash. Is there a specific Gym that I need to beat to use Flash?

Here's my battle against the Gym Leader:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlvuVxiEWgs

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2022
    I'm really soorry, but I love this bug soo much:

https://youtu.be/rYlc7ScH3BY

Also,
    I've beat City 5's Gym!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68EqebJGYdo

I still can't use Flash, though. I don't know why.
    Something I noticed in City 5: My badges disappear when I'm outside. When I enter a building and check my trainer card, they're right there. The moment I leave the building, they disappear.

EDIT: Another thing--Inside the Gym, only the slot machines on the left work. The ones on the right don't.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    Poketropolis

it's happening again!! 😭😭😭This time it happens when I press F for registered items. it happens even when pokemon following is off :((

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Poketropolis

it's happening again!! 😭😭😭This time it happens when I press F for registered items. it happens even when pokemon following is off :((

Again at the trade expert, or everywhere? I just checked but F works fine for me... Is there anything you did before that started to happen again?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    It happened to me while exiting a Poke Card. I deposited most of my pokemon in the pc and left only my Ponyta in the party and pressed F again. It didn't crash this time. Maybe it happens with certain Pokemon in the party?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    Most recently, it happened inside a Poke Center.
    Here's what happened:
    - I deposited all Pokemon (except Ponyta), then I went out and pressed F. No error.
    - I filled my party with Pokemon and pressed F inside the Poke Center. The error appeared.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Most recently, it happened inside a Poke Center.
    Here's what happened:
    - I deposited all Pokemon (except Ponyta), then I went out and pressed F. No error.
    - I filled my party with Pokemon and pressed F inside the Poke Center. The error appeared.

Is there maybe a Pokemon with a so called "Field move" in your team?
    such as teleport/Dig/Fly/Cut/Flash/etc...
    What pokemon do you have in your party when this happens?

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Right now I have Ponyta, Metagross, Torterra, Mudkip, Venonat and Zorua in my party.

So, it turns out Mudkip as well as Marshtomp cause this sort of crash for some reason... But as soon as it is a Swampert it works again.
    (No idea why...)
    So basically, don´t press F while Mudkip or Marshtomp are in your team and it should be fine...
    Sorry I can´t give you something better than that, but I wouldn´t even know where to start debugging something like THAT...

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    AthalePrime said:
    So, it turns out Mudkip as well as Marshtomp cause this sort of crash for some reason... But as soon as it is a Swampert it works again.
    (No idea why...)
    So basically, don´t press F while Mudkip or Marshtomp are in your team and it should be fine...
    Sorry I can´t give you something better than that, but I wouldn´t even know where to start debugging something like THAT...

thats really weird 0.o
    Thanks, though! At least now I know why the game is crashing.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2022
    Poketropolis

In the harbor (City 12), talking to the guy on the right causes the game to crash.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    As for the Bugs you pointed out: I took care of the ... Bikeshopowner giving you a bike first time you talk to him

Your game is sooo cool! I didn't expect a conspiracy!!
    So I finally got to City 10, and saw the Ranger Base there. It was weird, coz when I got there they said there are no rangers in city 2!! I didn't expect there to be fake rangers!!

Anyway, for some reason, talking to the leader re-opened the Stop! Thief(s)! Quest for me, even though it had previously been marked complete when the bike shop owner gave me a bike prematurely. I don't know yet what will happen after i go back to city 10, but I thought you should know.

This also makes me wonder what would happen if a player chose not to do the Looters in the forest quest before confronting the fakes. Because you can't get the reward if you chase away the fakes before completing the other quest. Or, you can't get the machete if you skip talking to fakes altogether. it makes me wanna start a new game to see what would happen. XD

Last edited:
    Back