• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poketto's Fakemon...and other sprites

What do you think of the sprites?

• Total voters

Poketto-Monsuta

Pika Pii
Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012

Ghost Fighting!? Thanks again Trinity_pt for the ideas

Poketto-Monsuta

Pika Pii
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012

The Fire starter and 1st evo
    Well here are two attempts to make them look more "4-5 gen" pokemon style.
    I'm not real big on making them look new just to much a hassle. I need to take more tutorials :D

Free hand Avatar If you want by me, Not best quality but it took me like 10 mins to make.

Last edited:

Poketto-Monsuta

Pika Pii
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012

3 more My own Larva/Cocoon/???? evo and a Hitmon evo(but I might make it a new fighting type) Happy new Years. Keep sending me ideas please :D

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I feel like a jerk being the only one voting "Ok, pretty cool"...

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    It was mostly because I'm a very pick person (I rate like a Russian judge). Obviously these are not the best on the site (sorry if I'm being rude there, it's simply truth because some of the people are VERY good) and I will say that I love the concepts on all the sprites, however some of them have minor flaws such as slightly uneven limps. I think my main problem is shading, on many of them it's at least slightly unnatural. This is a much slighter thing and it is still fine but some of the lines seem to go in ways were they look a little grainy instead of uniform.

I still consider the option I pick as being a good side instead of saying that they are bad, I simply think they are pretty average

Poketto-Monsuta

Pika Pii
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Well some of them I actually changed just I haven't posted them, but hey its all opinion.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2011
    Your sprites are very good, I think that you captured the older style quite nicely. I especially like the macaque and crane, although they look slightly more like regular animals than like pokemon. The only thing that doesn't really look right to me is the 2nd stage of the water starter, the curvature of the tail just looks a little unnatural, not sure how you'd go about fixing it though.
    Still, your sprites are some of the better ones I've seen recently, keep up the good work!

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • Your sprites are really good and you pretty much have mastered the GSC style imo.
    Your dithering is also good, especially since it's hard to pull off (at least for me lol)
    and I really like some of the designs like the tanooki, kangaroo and the rock type Pokemon. ^_^

Good job and keep em coming! :)

Poketto-Monsuta

Pika Pii
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Heres the Official Chart to my pokemon, Haven't thought of a good name for the region. Its Ausoo for now. Kinda sounds like A**Hole depending on how you say it :\

Also I'm still doing request. Just I'm trying to produce my own ideas.
    (Sorry trinity_pt)

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Ahaha it's ok i just really wanted to help you out :b

And that fakedex is looking really good : O

That worm fakemon looks a lot like Kunemon :b

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Just wanted to say, you have this style mastered. I've been looking over these forever, and the official ones, trying to figure out how to sprite this style. (Dithering is supa hard.) Maybe you should make a tutorial? I'm sure many people will be interested. I will, atleast.

Poketto-Monsuta

Pika Pii
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Ahaha it's ok i just really wanted to help you out :b

And that fakedex is looking really good : O

That worm fakemon looks a lot like Kunemon :b

I actually got the idea from it, the last evo looks kinda like stingmon but I was hoping for more of a KamenRider look.

Im deciding if it second type is dark or fighting

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    I actually got the idea from it, the last evo looks kinda like stingmon but I was hoping for more of a KamenRider look.

Im deciding if it second type is dark or fighting

IMO, I think it should be dark. It doesn't have that 'fighting' look.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    The last fakemon on the FakeDex looks too much like a normal human =/

And this new one is awesome : O. Is it the last Evo of the Worm?

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
    Years
  • Krillin is in the fakedex! AWESOME! You have really mastered the GSC style, but I only really like the tanuki line, krillin and the skull fighters. your 4th-5th gen attemp looks much more like 3rd gen style, mainly because of the complexity of the sprite. If you were to make the colors more simple, and have the base color fill most of the area it would resemble 4th-5th gen style much more

Back