• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokewalker Catching/item Topic

ThatsTakao

Hiya!
Years
  • I have a question about the Pokemon you can catch per course.
    Do they depend on what you bring into the walker?
    For example, if I bring in a Primeape to champ road or w/e
    Can I only catch Beldum as the level A Pokemon? Or can I catch both of the level A Pokemon in the course?

Years
  • ^ LOL, I thought that too. No, it doesn't. You can catch all groups, depending on how many steps you have.

Let's see....I have 0 watts, but that's because I didn't go anywhere yet.

So far, yesterday I caught every Pokemon on Rugged Road, including a Magby!

Right now, I'll work on getting Elekid, who I think will be easier to catch.

I think it's cool that most of A Group Pokemon know moves that they know later on, like Sunny Day for Magby which he learns at Level 41. Elekid knows ThunderPunch, which he wouldn't know until Level 28, although I want ThunderShock...

Anyway, I think it's cool your steps don't go leave like your Watts when you connect to the DS, so that you can get the Pokemon you want without having to walk 10000 more steps. I have 8713!

As for items, I got a Stardust, which I didn't expect to find.

Also, it's pretty cool I'm getting 2 team members on my team before I even go to Sprout Tower. Falkner will be a piece a of cake, thanks to this.

One more thing. It's weird that you can find Torchic on one of the routes. 1% maybe very rare, but still a starter in the wild? :o

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Not caught any pokemon yet with it ;o
    Didn't even know you could to be honest haha.
    Took my pokewalker to the gym today though and racked up 8000 steps ;D

iRawr

Poli?
    Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    I've caught a Dratini on there and a couple of other pokemon and got myself some pretty decent TMs of there like TM11 Sunny Day etc

I also went out for a 30 mile ride today and got over 45,000 steps :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    I've caught a Dratini on there and a couple of other pokemon and got myself some pretty decent TMs of there like TM11 Sunny Day etc

I also went out for a 30 mile ride today and got over 45,000 steps :P

Oooh puts my 8k to shame xD

Nicely done ;D

Draknir

The God of Fire
    Years
  • In both my English games, I'm up to Blue Lake. In my Japanese Heart Gold, I'm up to the second Hoenn route.
    Best Catch of English Heart Gold: Magby
    Best Catch of Soul Silver: Wobbuffet
    Best Catch of Japanese Heart Gold: Tie between Surfing Pikachu and Beldum of Champ Path.

ThatsTakao

Hiya!
    Years
  • In both my English games, I'm up to Blue Lake. In my Japanese Heart Gold, I'm up to the second Hoenn route.
    Best Catch of English Heart Gold: Magby
    Best Catch of Soul Silver: Wobbuffet
    Best Catch of Japanese Heart Gold: Tie between Surfing Pikachu and Beldum of Champ Path.
    Have you gotten Munchlax in the Champ Path?
    Also, are they going to re-do the Yellow Forest... again? D: I didn't have my DS for a month when they redid it. :<

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
  • For those who appear not to understand the catch mechanic, I'll explain:

The amount of Watts you has is not the contributing factor as to what Pokémon appear. The amount of steps you take is. Usually you can catch everything on a route when you've taken 6000+ steps. Watts only make you able to use the Radar, the Dowsing Machine, and unlock new routes.

Also, I got a Dratini yesterday. Sadly, the Dratini you get from the Game Hall (Voltorb Flip makes it take forever to get rewards...) is much better from the start. (Lv. 15 with Leer, T-Wave, Twister and Dragon Rage as apposed to Lv. 9 or 10 with Leer, Wrap, and T-Wave...)

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • Yes there going to redo yellow forest, at least for US its going on from april 1-30th I think.
    Also The extreme speed dratini puts all the other ones to shame xD.

Read the Game, and Pokewalker Manuals.

ThatsTakao

Hiya!
    Years
  • Yes there going to redo yellow forest, at least for US its going on from april 1-30th I think.
    Also The extreme speed dratini puts all the other ones to shame xD.

Read the Game, and Pokewalker Manuals.
    I'm hoping it works with Japanese games ;;

Back