• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokewalker Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2012
    I bought SS on ebay no pokewalker. but i want one. if i buy any old one will it work with my game. i dont want responses saying where to get them just if it will work.

Thanks

ThatOneGuy_21

Dark Pokemon Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    I bought SS on ebay no pokewalker. but i want one. if i buy any old one will it work with my game. i dont want responses saying where to get them just if it will work.

Thanks

Well here is something I found on Bulbapedia.

Bulbapedia said:
    Once a Pokémon is forcefully retrieved from the system, the Pokéwalker which holds the Pokémon's details is unusable. A Pokéwalker's settings must be deleted and reset before making it usable again. Delete and reset the settings on the game by pressing and holding Down, X, and L at the Pokéwalker connection screen. This must be done to avoid cloning and glitches to occur in the game. After resetting a Pokéwalker, it may be synced with another game, or a new file.
    It should also be noted that when synced with a new game, the Pokéwalker will become the language the game is. For example, if one synced a Pokéwalker that came with a Japanese game with an English game, after syncing, the Pokéwalker would be in English. This proves that very little data is stored on the Pokéwalker itself, most likely that only the Pokémon on it and the trainer's party is stored on it. The latter could be because players can fight up to 10 trainers they have gifted with at the Trainer House in Viridian City.

I'm pretty sure that answers your question.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    ^As said - old ones will work.

Answered so closed. Please use the Help thread sticky at the top of the section the next time you have a question.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back