• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokomic [PG]

Ebi15

Balanced Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Hey everyone! So I've started a new pokemon spirit comic and i thought i should put it in a thread!

This is a newly created pokemon sprite comic based on the pokemon games Emerald and Ruby.
    It's about two young trainers named Brendan, May and Ebrahim going on an adventure to become the top pokemon trainers in hoenn.
    As they go through, they encounter new Pokemon, new trainers and much more..But the twist is..They also have digimon..

So yeah this is a pokemon & digimon crossover...
    Click on the link above my sig to start reading.
    Updates monday & thursday.
    Hope it's good enough.​

Years
  • Edit your signature please. ):
    Your comic is overall good but some images at the beginning are sort of blurry but you've made great progress. I'm guessing you use Photoshop when you resize your sprites and to make your comic which I do not recommend. Photoshop will antialias the sprite and ruin the quality of it being a sprite, but, what I do recommend is to use paint or some sort of spriting program to help you resize your sprite, paint is probably your first priority. Also, do you make your own maps because there are some tile errors I think, mostly the rocky hills and stuff, x; .

I'm not that much of a fan of the text, I probably would prefer a simple solid colour text so the effects don't clash with the stroke.

I probably still have to look at it more but as far as your story goes, it's decent, not much to say about it. Keep it coming.

Ebi15

Balanced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Haha thanks for noticing my comic:D
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll do the improvements in my new chapter thats gonna come up soon.
    And yeah i create my own maps, but you see why there are so many errors in it, it's because i want to create something new in pokemon. Or am i just reading that sentence wrong:\ I'll check on that later again:D

And i know about the spiriting problems. you see i don't use paint is because i nt quite into paint. Photoshop i've been doing for quite a while now so yeah..

Anyways, thanks again!

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Photoshop will antialias the sprite and ruin the quality of it being a sprite

Lies. In Photoshop (as far as I know, this is CS3 and later, but it might be in earlier versions) you can press Ctrl+K and in the second drop-down box in "General" (Image Interpolation) you can modify it to be Nearest Neighbor. This is the trick I used to make my comic.

Although, it's nice to see you take my tip to heart, Ebi15.

Ebi15

Balanced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Haha i see you found me:D
    And heart's soul, thats what i'm doing at the moment. I already know about that:P (Only found out at the end of my first chapter:\)
    And i'm working on CS4.
    Haha:D

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Ah, okay. It was directed more at the quote, though. Maybe we'll talk back at SJ on how to improve it further.

Years
  • Lies. In Photoshop (as far as I know, this is CS3 and later, but it might be in earlier versions) you can press Ctrl+K and in the second drop-down box in "General" (Image Interpolation) you can modify it to be Nearest Neighbor. This is the trick I used to make my comic.

Although, it's nice to see you take my tip to heart, Ebi15.

I love you for telling me that.
    But still, it ruins the quality a bit because it scatters the pixels around a bit.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I love you for telling me that.
    But still, it ruins the quality a bit because it scatters the pixels around a bit.

Yeah, it has to be exactly the same in both Width and Height and must be divisible by 100. It then scatters (rarely) 1px width of pixels which is almost impossible to notice.

Ebi15

Balanced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Hahaha I know that too:laugh:
    Actually i already know quite a bit about spiriting..

Last edited:

Ebi15

Balanced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Hey guys! I haven't been here in a while, i had to deal with my account problems:disappoin Anyway heres a new poster for pokomic i made for the 5th Chapter~!

Pokomic [PG]

Ebi15

Balanced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Is it just me, or is this comic the only comic that is active in the forums..? :\

Back