• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Polish Me! OU RMT

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
Years
  • Introduction

This team would be standard if it wasn't for two sets which I made up myself. I wouldn't exactly call this team original, but I think it's an excellent team and that all the Pokémon in it work well together and cover each others weaknesses, with the right predictions.

Team

Polish Me! OU RMT

Celebi, Bold Nature.
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defence, 6 Special Defence.
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Moves -
    - Trick
    - Stealth Rock
    - Psychic
    - Thunder Wave

You're probably thinking this lead is crazy and that the set doesn't make much sense either. This set is meant to trick a scarf onto the opponent, hopefully hitting something like a Foretress, Blissey or Bronzong which would probably stay in on a Celebi. It can also lock pretty much any lead into Stealth Rocks then set up. Psychic is preferred over Leaf Storm to deal with a lot of common set-up leads. Thunder Wave is there for Pokémon like Infernape and Azelf, and people who are silly enough to lead with anti-leads too.

Polish Me! OU RMT

Infernape, Naive Nature.
    EVs: 64 Attack, 252 Special Attack, 192 Speed
    Item: Life Orb
    Moves -
    - Flamethrower
    - Grass Knot
    - Hidden Power Ice
    - Close Combat

A pretty standard specially based Mixed wall breaking Infernape, I use this quite early on as it can usually outspeed a lot of Pokémon. However, I always consider if the opponent has priority before sending it in because Infernape is quite frail. Flamethrower and Close Combat for STAB, Grassknot for Swampert and HP Ice for Salamence, Dragonite, Gliscor and Flygon.

Polish Me! OU RMT

Gyarados, Jolly Nature.
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Defence.
    Item: Leftovers
    Moves -
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge

This is also standard. I run Jolly so I can outspeed a lot more Pokémon, since Gyarados will already have beastly attack after one Dragon Dance. Waterfall is STAB, Earthquake is there for Pokémon like Magnezone. Stone Edge is required to deal with all flyers, particularly Togekiss whom I really hate to be up against when it's Air Slashing me to the face.

Polish Me! OU RMT

Latias, Timid Nature.
    EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP.
    Item: Leftovers
    Moves -
    - Calm Mind
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Surf
    - Grass Knot

I received this off a friend a while back. This Latias is a very good late game sweeper, as long as the opponent doesn't have anything like a Tyranitar or CB Lucario. I have also ran a Physical Latias in place of this, but I usually use this set. Calm Mind increases my offensive and defensive capabilities, then I can just Dragon Pulse the opponent dead. Surf and Grass Knot are there for some extra coverage. I tend to keep this Pokémon for late game, since Blissey is a problem for this set.

Polish Me! OU RMT

Tyranitar, Adamant Nature.
    EVs: 252 Attack, 160 Speed, 98 HP.
    Item: Babiri Berry
    Moves -
    - Rock Polish
    - Crunch
    - Fire Punch
    - Earthquake

The main purpose is to come in mid to late game, hopefully on a psychic type or a wall that can't threaten me with a fighting move and set up a rock polish. After one rock polish I achieve enough speed to out speed neutral natured base 130's and after two rock polishes I achieve enough speed to out speed base 100 positive natures like scarf Jirachi – as well as most of the other Pokemon in the OU and Uber metagame. The move set is pretty standard, so there's no need to explain it in too much detail.

Polish Me! OU RMT

Magnezone, Naive Nature.
    EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Attack.
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Moves -
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power Fire
    - Flash Cannon
    - Explosion

Frik yes, Magnezone. It takes no damage from Sandstorm and can deal with Scizor if Tyranitar falls to a Bullet Punch. I love this set, it's so simplistic and easy to use. Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon are there for STAB. Explosion is there to give Blissey something to cringe about.

Conclusion -

This team is definitely an offensive team, it doesn't concentrate on stalling because it is not fun to narrate fifteen minutes of toxic stalling action for YouTube. It's pretty standard, but it has led me to some great successes.

Feel free to give me C+C and rate my team.

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Well it actually looks like a pretty balanced team. The only real problem I can see is Starmie can cause problems for you is Starmie. It oustpeeds TTar, assuming it hasn't used rock polish, TBolt rips Gyara apart. Also, something like Breloom can spore a sweeper (Ape) and then send in a water (Starmie) for the kill. Its also condition week. You need something like blissey to come in and absorb statuses and cure the rest of your pokemon.

but its actually a pretty solid team imo seeing as conditions aren't going to be really common, it shouldn't be that big of a problem. i give it a 8/10.

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
  • Well it actually looks like a pretty balanced team. The only real problem I can see is Starmie can cause problems for you is Starmie. It oustpeeds TTar, assuming it hasn't used rock polish, TBolt rips Gyara apart. Also, something like Breloom can spore a sweeper (Ape) and then send in a water (Starmie) for the kill. Its also condition week. You need something like blissey to come in and absorb statuses and cure the rest of your pokemon.

but its actually a pretty solid team imo seeing as conditions aren't going to be really common, it shouldn't be that big of a problem. i give it a 8/10.

Thanks. I think Starmie is a threat to a lot of my team, but I am pretty confident that it's not a threat to Tyranitar. Tyranitar sets up sand storm upon battle entry, thus increasing his special attack by x1.5. I'm pretty sure Tyranitar can live a Surf from Starmie with my EV spread. Also, I am not entirely sure by what you mean by Infernape being spored. Most of my team is faster than standard Breloom and can OHKO.

Thanks for the review, I agree that I need recovery but I definitely do not plan on using a Blissey. I think Celebi absorbs statuses just fine, due to natural cure. Since this is an offensive team I do not expect the Pokémon to last long in battle, so I guess recovery would be nice but isn't really required.

Edit:

I just tested my team on Wi-Fi and uploaded the battle onto YouTube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IDay4yyeMg

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I'm not sure the standard speed stat of breloom so i just assumed it could outspeed ape.

JOSHIKINZ_94

The crusader
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2010
    Magnezone, Modest Nature.
    EVs
    : 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Item:leftovers
    Moves -
    - Thunderbolt/ discharge
    - Hidden Power ice/grass
    - Flash Cannon
    - substitute

made some changes on your magnezone- it has no way to deal with ground types by itself with the set you chose, stick the 6 ev's into hp, and go with a modest nature to up that very good special attack it already boasts. hope that helped:)

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Use Stone Edge over Earthquake and Dragon Dance over Rock Polish on Tyranitar, and use an EV spread of 252atk/252speed/4def. You need Stone Edge, it's your second STAB attack and KO's Salamence, Gyarados and Zapdos with ease. And you need Dragon Dance over Rock Polish, since Dragon Dance gives a speed boost, as well as boosting Tyranitar's already high attack.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok this has a few issues.

#1. Blissey/<wall> used Thunderwave.
    #2. Gyarados outspeeds everything after a Dragon Dance and OHKO's everything too and can EASILY set up on Ape on the revenge kill or Magnezone locked into anything apart from T-Bolt.

The first problem can be solved by simply putting Psycho Shift >> the rather useless Grass Knot on Latias, this will let her take status for you.

The last problem could be remedied by trying a better Scarfer over Magnezone, something like Jirachi w/T-Punch or even Scarf Flygon. If you use Scarf Flygon then Scizor may be a bit more of an issue, though this can be easily solved by playing a Life Orb Heatran >> Infernape which generally does the same thing i.e soften up Gyarados counters and take out walls. Scarf Rachi/Scarf Flygon also solves your massive DD Tar weakness.

Though this is really up to you.

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
  • Magnezone, Modest Nature.
    EVs
    : 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Item:leftovers
    Moves -
    - Thunderbolt/ discharge
    - Hidden Power ice/grass
    - Flash Cannon
    - substitute

made some changes on your magnezone- it has no way to deal with ground types by itself with the set you chose, stick the 6 ev's into hp, and go with a modest nature to up that very good special attack it already boasts. hope that helped:)

I do not see how this set will benefit my team. I've already got a tonne of Pokémon to deal with ground types, most ground types are quite large and will not appriciate a Grassknot or Waterfall to the face. Plus, why would you try to counter ground types with a Pokémon that has a x4 weak to ground? Magnezone can not counter ground types. It's best being a steel killer, like mine.

Use Stone Edge over Earthquake and Dragon Dance over Rock Polish on Tyranitar, and use an EV spread of 252atk/252speed/4def. You need Stone Edge, it's your second STAB attack and KO's Salamence, Gyarados and Zapdos with ease. And you need Dragon Dance over Rock Polish, since Dragon Dance gives a speed boost, as well as boosting Tyranitar's already high attack.

Stone Edge would be a consideration if Crunch didn't already 2HKO standard Salamence and Dragonite. I don't see the benefit of removing Earthquake for Stone Edge, I think if I was to remove Earthquake for anything then it would be an ice type move, to deal with those annoying Flygons and all the other dragon types around in one hit.

Also, I have already stated why I am using Rock Polish over Dragon Dance.

Ok this has a few issues.

#1. Blissey/<wall> used Thunderwave.
    #2. Gyarados outspeeds everything after a Dragon Dance and OHKO's everything too and can EASILY set up on Ape on the revenge kill or Magnezone locked into anything apart from T-Bolt.

The first problem can be solved by simply putting Psycho Shift >> the rather useless Grass Knot on Latias, this will let her take status for you.

The last problem could be remedied by trying a better Scarfer over Magnezone, something like Jirachi w/T-Punch or even Scarf Flygon. If you use Scarf Flygon then Scizor may be a bit more of an issue, though this can be easily solved by playing a Life Orb Heatran >> Infernape which generally does the same thing i.e soften up Gyarados counters and take out walls. Scarf Rachi/Scarf Flygon also solves your massive DD Tar weakness.

Though this is really up to you.

I actually do have a Psycho Shifting Latias which I will test in my next Wi-Fi battle, however I think that I am not likely to encounter any stall-based Pokémon like Blissey since the majority of the people I battle are off YouTube and therefore they use offensive teams, because it's boring to narrate through 10-15 minute stall wars with stupid Pokémon like Blissey.

I'm not actually fond of scarf Jirachi anymore, it's a terrible Pokémon to use if you already have two Psychic types. Even with its x1 ghost immunity, it's still a pain to use and I have promised that I won't use flinching Jirachi anymore. Let's face it, Jirachi is a little too beastly to be using in friendly Wi-Fi battles where a lot of my opponents do not abuse OU's. Flygon would be a consideration, but then I would have to use a Heatran which I do not have. It's not necessarily easy to reset for a decent IV Heatran that's Naive.

Last edited:
    Back