• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pop Goes The Buizel- Glad To Be Here!

Days
  • G'day, all! I'm Weasel D. Garp, but you can just call me Garp. This is my first time being on a Pokémon forum, but I've been a Pokémon fan for a long time. It came out when I was a young kid and I've liked ever since, even into being an adult. As you can probably guess, I'm a Weasel fanatic, so of course my favourite Pokémon is Buizel, the Sea Weasel Pokémon! My first game was (I think) Pokémon Sapphire, and later on I got Ruby, Emerald, Silver, Gold, and Yellow and later ones as they came out. My favourite game(s) are probably the Hoenn region games, both original and remakes. After that definitely Pokémon Shield and then Pokémon Scarlet. I'm actually joining this forum because this other forum that I've been on years and years has gotten rather inactive, and I'm missing all the social interactions. Also, I've thought about getting on a Pokémon forum for awhile but never did.

I'm into a lot of the different Pokémon things. I used to be more into the cards, but lately I've only really gotten them when they came with figures, and tis been a while since I've seen any new ones of those. I've still got all my Pokémon cards, though. I have a box full of different Pokémon figures, too. I'm a big fan of the anime- again, my favourite series are the ones in the Hoenn region, but Kalos was great, too. I've not really read much of the manga- I've only really read the current English translations of the Sword and Shield volumes. I like them, but they're way too short.

Other than Pokémon, some of my other interests are Yugioh (through the end of the Arc-V era, then the rules just got extremely stupid), Star Wars (the REAL Star Wars, not all this rubbish Disney keeps mass-producing), Doctor Who, One Piece (I've only seen the first few episodes and a bunch of clips on Youtube), reading, writing, the anime Bleach (I've only seen the first five seasons, though), bagpipes and other Irish and Scottish things, power metal, symphonic metal, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Shaman King.

Glad to be here, and I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Years
  • G'day, all! I'm Weasel D. Garp, but you can just call me Garp. This is my first time being on a Pokémon forum, but I've been a Pokémon fan for a long time. It came out when I was a young kid and I've liked ever since, even into being an adult. As you can probably guess, I'm a Weasel fanatic, so of course my favourite Pokémon is Buizel, the Sea Weasel Pokémon! My first game was (I think) Pokémon Sapphire, and later on I got Ruby, Emerald, Silver, Gold, and Yellow and later ones as they came out. My favourite game(s) are probably the Hoenn region games, both original and remakes. After that definitely Pokémon Shield and then Pokémon Scarlet. I'm actually joining this forum because this other forum that I've been on years and years has gotten rather inactive, and I'm missing all the social interactions. Also, I've thought about getting on a Pokémon forum for awhile but never did.

I'm into a lot of the different Pokémon things. I used to be more into the cards, but lately I've only really gotten them when they came with figures, and tis been a while since I've seen any new ones of those. I've still got all my Pokémon cards, though. I have a box full of different Pokémon figures, too. I'm a big fan of the anime- again, my favourite series are the ones in the Hoenn region, but Kalos was great, too. I've not really read much of the manga- I've only really read the current English translations of the Sword and Shield volumes. I like them, but they're way too short.

Other than Pokémon, some of my other interests are Yugioh (through the end of the Arc-V era, then the rules just got extremely stupid), Star Wars (the REAL Star Wars, not all this rubbish Disney keeps mass-producing), Doctor Who, One Piece (I've only seen the first few episodes and a bunch of clips on Youtube), reading, writing, the anime Bleach (I've only seen the first five seasons, though), bagpipes and other Irish and Scottish things, power metal, symphonic metal, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Shaman King.

Glad to be here, and I'm looking forward to meeting you all!
    Hello Garp, and welcome to the forums!
    Feel free to ask if you have any question about how to use the forums, we will be happy to help! It is great to see more long time fans (like me) of Pokémon join PokéCommunity. I started with Red! What was your starter in Sapphire ?

Days
  • Hello Garp, and welcome to the forums!
    Feel free to ask if you have any question about how to use the forums, we will be happy to help! It is great to see more long time fans (like me) of Pokémon join PokéCommunity. I started with Red! What was your starter in Sapphire ?
    Mudkip, I think, although I really like all three of the Hoenn region starters. It seems like when the games moved on to the Sinnoh region and beyond they started making the starter Pokémon cuter-looking than the previous games.

Years
  • Mudkip, I think, although I really like all three of the Hoenn region starters. It seems like when the games moved on to the Sinnoh region and beyond they started making the starter Pokémon cuter-looking than the previous games.
    I also took Mudkip when I played Ruby! And, evolved into Laggron, he proceeded to solo the whole game, League included! One move, one Pokémon foe down, every turn!

Days
  • I also took Mudkip when I played Ruby! And, evolved into Laggron, he proceeded to solo the whole game, League included! One move, one Pokémon foe down, every turn!
    I actually on one of the times I replayed Ruby or Sapphire picked Torchic and then trained him until he'd evolved into a Combusken and then Blaziken- all before I battled May for the first time. That took a long time, but was fun once I eventually battled her. With no badges he wouldn't always listen to me, though. Still glad I did it.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Hello there Garp, and welcome to the PC! Cool avatar you have there!

Great to see another fan of Shield around here, that's my personal favorite! (and it would also seem we share the same opinion about the current Star Wars trash lol)

Speaking of Star Wars, which is your favorite movie?

Days
  • Hello there Garp, and welcome to the PC! Cool avatar you have there!

Great to see another fan of Shield around here, that's my personal favorite! (and it would also seem we share the same opinion about the current Star Wars trash lol)

Speaking of Star Wars, which is your favorite movie?

Of the original trilogy, probably Episode VI Return Of The Jedi (the original version with Sebastian Shaw at the end, not that horrible actor from episodes II and III). Of the prequel trilogy, Episode I The Phantom Menace. They would have done better to have just put the actor for Anakin Skywalker in Episode I on stilts or something and had him play his older self. Would have done a much better job. The only thing I'll say about the Holiday Special is that a second of it is still way better than than all the Disney rubbish combined (and multiplied by the highest number you can think of).

Hello, Garp! Welcome to the PC! What part of the TCG do you like? Competitive, trading, or collecting?

Back when I was more active with it the collecting, mainly. I took part in one small tournament but lost my first match. I'm not that into the Pokémon card game's energy rules- maybe something more like Magic The Gathering...? I actually made up a version that sort of combined the playing of the Yugioh card game with the Pokémon cards. That was actually pretty fun. Now mostly I just get the box set things when they come with the little figures, but I haven't seen those in awhile.

Years
  • Hello!
    Welcome to the forums =3

So which Doctor is your favorite Doctor in Doctor Who?
    For me I'm torn between between David Tennant & Matt Smith. Matt Smith was the Doctor that always got aired on TV when I first came across this series.
    But I eventually managed to get a Blu-Ray collection for the first seven series of the reboot, and then collected the seasons afterward too ofc, and I gotta say David Tennant played a great Doctor too.
    I've never seen the original Doctor Who though, the reboot is already kind hard to get here, the original is way harder to find.

Also for One Piece, do you intend to watch the entire Anime ? =3

Days
  • Hello!
    Welcome to the forums =3

So which Doctor is your favorite Doctor in Doctor Who?
    For me I'm torn between between David Tennant & Matt Smith. Matt Smith was the Doctor that always got aired on TV when I first came across this series.
    But I eventually managed to get a Blu-Ray collection for the first seven series of the reboot, and then collected the seasons afterward too ofc, and I gotta say David Tennant played a great Doctor too.
    I've never seen the original Doctor Who though, the reboot is already kind hard to get here, the original is way harder to find.

Also for One Piece, do you intend to watch the entire Anime ? =3

Of the old Doctors, Tom Bake (4th) definitely. Of the new ones, it's a tie betwixt John Hurt and Peter Capaldi, although Matt Smith and David Tennant and really good ones, too.

With One Piece, it's unlikely that I'll ever watch the entire series, considering there are 1000+ episodes so far. I'll probably watch some summary videos though, and I'll definitely keep watching the clips. I've read a number of wiki pages on it too, all of which are very interesting. As you can probably guess Monkey D. Garp is my favourite character on the show- he's hilarious, strong, and although he's a marine he's still a good person. I've loved the scenes with him and Luffy and Ace when the latter two were kids- definitely unorthodox training methods.

Back