• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Porting a Charizard to Photoshop

Ac1d

Game Dev
Years
  • I was going through Flickr earlier, and came across this sketched image of Charizard:
    3151463429_4272a6a042_b.jpg

I thought It'd be great if It were in colour, so I'm currently Porting it over using Photoshop (Paths and Fill Tool)

This is what i've got so far:
    711513867563165818.jpg

This is the first time I've ever done something like this.

Edit: It's Now Complete! View the post 3 posts down :)

What do you guys think?
    Can I get some Feedback?

Thanks In Advance
    - DJ

Last edited:

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Nice image, but trace the lineart first. then move to colours. Either that or the black lines ruins it.

Ac1d

Game Dev
    Years
  • Oh cool! i wish i could do that! Im asking can you try and do another one?? Like a wigglytuff or somthing?that wold be awesome!

If you can find me a decent sized sketched version, sure.

Nice image, but trace the lineart first. then move to colours. Either that or the black lines ruins it.
    Well The black lines are just there for defination, I'll take them out, and upload a new version.

How were you even bothered to do all that anyways, ahah.
    and its like cool!

How was I bothered?
    It was like ... 7pm, I was bored, I was having a break from coding My game.. and I was up for 3 hours doing it :P

Years
  • It's looking quite good so far, you need to add some tone which you could recolour the black lines with as well.
    Keep it up Web-designer, nice to see you move out of your comfort zone and try something new on PS.

Ac1d

Game Dev
    Years
  • It's looking quite good so far, you need to add some tone which you could recolour the black lines with as well.
    Keep it up Web-designer, nice to see you move out of your comfort zone and try something new on PS.

Thanks for the comment.
    What do you mean by toning the black lines?
    I've not finished it yet (well not completely), But i've got alot of school at the moment, so Charizard'll have to wait :P

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    needs shading.

other than that very good

is it your sketch?

Ac1d

Game Dev
    Years
  • needs shading.

other than that very good

is it your sketch?

shading in what sense?
    I added shadows, and the colours are pretty much identical to the real thing :D

Sadly no, this isn't my sketch, I found it on flickr as the first post says

Back